Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

badwonder

Apr 28, 2017
The twins will go on such a sort of path ;)
Effie will go on a more 'normal' path with a twist.
And the path for Shannon, I based on what she was like in 'Subliminal Corruption' and what Boom already showed of her in RiC.
For Sarah and Chloe is a path that is based on high tier wishes, with my own additions :)

ok fantastic!

I have a mini Idea for you, when we have twins at their home with 75 or 100 corruption have them show us their panties with them holding their skirts up. saying something like "thank you for being a good company (like the sister and the mother) or "which one of us has the best underwear?" kinda thing?

Reactions: DrSmith

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
I believe you lack the knowledge of how patreon and paypal work.
Paypal has not banned Boomatica. Paypal threatens to ban Patreon from their services if Boomatica and artists like him are allowed to continue making games like RIC.

Paypal is 80% of Patreons (the company) income. That is more than 80 million dollars a month. Paypal can risk losing patreon. but patreon cannot risk loosing paypal (80 million dollars a month).

Once tipee makes 2 digit million a month from paypal transfers, paypal will ask tipee to remove unwanted content as well.
Paypal has killed and maimed erotica sites for the last decade. With exactly the same process. Once your erotica site makes a lionshare of their money with paypal. Incest, beastiality, age play, BDSM, rape , lolita and others have to vanish or paypal will cut services forever.

Therefore Patreon is banning creators who make that content, to secure cooperation with paypal. Because paypal does not just ban single creators. They ban entire companies.

If Boomatica would have continued making RIC, he would have been banned from patreon forever, because patreon can loose 1k a month but not 80 million.
What I don't understand, is how the income from Paypal contributes to 80% of Patreon's monthly revenue? Is everyone really using Paypal when they support developers on Patreon? I sure as hell don't, and my credit card company couldn't care less where or what for I use my card for as long, as I pay my fees for my card. They don't tell me what I can or cannot buy, it would be fucking insane if they told their customers that they suddenly couldn't buy this, this and especially that with our card because of moral reasons. The number of customers the big credit cards company's would loose if they ever did that, would count if the tens of millions. So how come Paypal can dictating the terms when they are not really needed at all to support the various developers on the site, adult or non adult alike. Now this is something I really don't get, at all.

From what I've read about this whole censorship debacle, my understanding is that Patreon themselves is trying to clean up the site and make it more family friendly, show a good clean fasade for potential investors and so on. That's fine, it's their business and they decide what to host on the site. What they could do though, is to make a new sister-site (under another name/company or something similar), thus keeping the nice "think about the children" front and show just how good they are to the neo-moralistic assholes crowd. While at the same time, they could still provide creators who doesn't wish to create family friendly crap for 10 year olds with an alternative and keep the profit from the adult content which are on their site now, customers which they undoubtedly will lose at an alarming rate as soon as a decent alternative pops up.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Thank you very much to both Boomatica and DrSmith for not letting the game die despite the treatment patreon gave it.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I'm sort of dropping in here; I'm a Boomatica patron, but how do I support this game further?
Currently this game is continued and developed by the great DrSmith for free with blessing of Boomatica. DrSmith does not have a Patreon as far as I know.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
Thank you very much to both Boomatica and DrSmith for not letting the game die despite the treatment patreon gave it.
I second that, at least sponsor Boomatica for the original idea.

my credit card company couldn't care less where or what for I use my card for as long, as I pay my fees for my card.
congratulations you live in a country with a fully developed, undisclosed and socially organized banking system. The number of people using paypal is so ridiculously high, there cannot be another reason.

What they could do though, is to make a new sister-site (under another name/company or something similar)... ...and keep the profit from the adult content ...
Here is the other part. In contrast to your money grabbing bank, that will make you sell your soul. Patreon and others want to be 'the good guys'. An because Good == Moral and Fetish == Immoral, they allow themselves to be 'pressured' into being the good guys.

ADULTREON would be easy to make and revolutionize the adult industry. Some developers are already setting up alternative accounts on HATREON. In case Patreon kills them outright.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Currently this game is continued and developed by the great DrSmith for free with blessing of Boomatica. DrSmith does not have a Patreon as far as I know.
That's right!
When you want to support me: have patience.
Because I'm doing this in my spare time (and am completely new to game developing) and I want to keep up the quality with which @Boomatica started this great game!
I'm picking up speed, but the first new release(s) will take some time....

Reactions: RWaites

Bob Bones

May 14, 2017
I get only a single Shannon (aunt) animation in the AM bathroom (get out!), all of the other scenes show a single starting image and fail to progress - I have to leave or edit an hour for anything to change. Is this a limit of the stage of the game development, or is something else wrong? Note that she's at 318 corruption, but this has been consistent throughout.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I get only a single Shannon (aunt) animation in the AM bathroom (get out!), all of the other scenes show a single starting image and fail to progress - I have to leave or edit an hour for anything to change. Is this a limit of the stage of the game development, or is something else wrong? Note that she's at 318 corruption, but this has been consistent throughout.
Shannon is still in development (notice the message 'Only 0-75 CP events are done'), as are almost all other characters. Sarah and Chloe had the focus untill v0.6.0.
I'm working on events for Shannon at this moment (CP's > 225) ;)

Reactions: jackkane and Manos

badwonder

Apr 28, 2017
Shannon is still in development (notice the message 'Only 0-75 CP events are done'), as are almost all other characters. Sarah and Chloe had the focus untill v0.6.0.

hey Dr. Smith are you going to change Sarah and Chloe's sex events (now that everybody has the pills?) and anal for Chloe and Vaginal for Sarah?

Bob Bones

May 14, 2017
Thanks!

marsm

Feb 3, 2018
Thnx.
But it'll be an experience only in how it is to develop a game.
I have plans for a game, but I think Unity/Ren'Py and Daz3D are better suited for what I have in mind.
This is only to see RiC finished. For me, Boom and all other fans.
The two "main" characters are basically finished, anyway. Maybe you could call the continuation "chapter two" or something, focusing on the other characters, and at the same time switch to Ren'Py and Daz. I don't know if it's posible to write a program that would automatically convert HSS save file to Ren'Py format, but if it is you could even continue the original two now and then.
Grateful for any time you can spend to keep RIC going.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
The two "main" characters are basically finished, anyway.
You are so wrong.....
Maybe you could call the continuation "chapter two" or something, focusing on the other characters, and at the same time switch to Ren'Py and Daz. I don't know if it's posible to write a program that would automatically convert HSS save file to Ren'Py format, but if it is you could even continue the original two now and then.
Grateful for any time you can spend to keep RIC going.
I'm planning to get some stories intertwined, so it's still 1 chapter. As for switching to Ren'Py: I would have to code the game anew. That would take over a year! So RiC will be finished in RPGMV.
If I start a project of my own, then I'll look into Ren'Py and Daz3D.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
You are so wrong.....

As for switching to Ren'Py: I would have to code the game anew. That would take over a year! So RiC will be finished in RPGMV.
Seriously? I was thinking of modding that myself because boomatica had RAM problems with the HD pictures in RPGMV. A Year?
Okay i just looked at the game files. The code format is a pain in the ass to read. if i had a walk-through it would probably be easier to 'watch' the events unfold in RPGMV and then try re-coding them into renpy.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Hello fellow RiC fans,

I see a lot of what if's here and I think it's in everbody's interest, I clear up some things.

@Boomatica had to drop all work on RiC to secure his position at Patreon and is now full time working
on TPSR (his new game). Hence the releases every 2 weeks, as we were accustomed to when RiC was his only project.

At first he tried to develop TPSR and RiC at the same time and release both once a month.
RiC would be released on Discord and to make it more 'safe', I would have posted as a front man.
Now that ship has sailed and RiC has been abandoned.

Or not?

Feeling very bad about how things have developed, I offered to actually look into RiC.
I got the complete project from Boomatica and bought RPGMakerMV.
Of the programming I'm sure to get it done, as I have decades of programming experience (although for office use) and getting the hang of a new tool is part of the job.
Rendering and animations are a complete other thing though. I'm tinkering with HHS to get nice shots but that is going slowly as I'm not only trying to learn something new, I also have to figure out what clothings, surroundings and other items were used for the screens in RiC.

Now this all being said, I hope to release a (small) update here on F95, for free (maybe within the next 2 weeks).
This will be without animation as that's on the next level and I would have to buy another tool to get those incorporated into RiC as well.
So I want to check if you enjoy my work on RiC and if I should continue to do so, because I'm doing this for free and in my spare time.
And when enough people want me to continue, I can't promise release dates.
All I can promise is that the requests from the highest tier patrons will be rewarded (as I asked Boomatica as what they were).

TL;DR
Boomatica stopped working on RiC, I'm trying to continue for free here on F95.
Hi, Brother, very happy to know that You're responsible for this game, Good Luck and I wait even You and My good Friend, Boom, can keeping doing a great work ;);):):)

Reactions: chris18 and DrSmith

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
As for switching to Ren'Py: I would have to code the game anew. That would take over a year! So RiC will be finished in RPGMV.
Take over a year? I don't think so - @osmcuser132 did a remake of Anna Exciting Affection in Ren'py, and it took a few days.

BrobsDobs

May 10, 2017
You are so wrong.....

I'm planning to get some stories intertwined, so it's still 1 chapter. As for switching to Ren'Py: I would have to code the game anew. That would take over a year! So RiC will be finished in RPGMV.
If I start a project of my own, then I'll look into Ren'Py and Daz3D.
I just want to thank you for not letting this game die. Take all the time you need most of us don't mind =)

Reactions: chris18 and DrSmith
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes