Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Kaneki16j

Sep 12, 2017
What is with the two parts of download files for 0.6.0 ? I downloaded only one and game works good but there are no animations ... so I'm downloading the second part obediently now ... lol . ... both parts combined are atleast 2.8 GB ... so I just wanna ask , does the second Winrar file has the animations ?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Seriously? I was thinking of modding that myself because boomatica had RAM problems with the HD pictures in RPGMV.
That got resolved with the latest version of RPGMakerMV.
A Year?
Okay i just looked at the game files. The code format is a pain in the ass to read. if i had a walk-through it would probably be easier to 'watch' the events unfold in RPGMV and then try re-coding them into renpy.
Looking at the Java scripts, generated by RPGMakerMV is a bit like looking at assembly generated by a pre-compiler.
Even with a walkthrough, you'll have a hard time making some sense of it.

Take over a year? I don't think so - @osmcuser132 did a remake of Anna Exciting Affection in Ren'py, and it took a few days.

Ah, the comic relief.
Following that train of thought, I can run 100 meters in under 10 seconds and I can speak Chinese because there are others who can do it.

And with all that, for the last time: RiC will be further developed with RPGMakerMV and HSS.
If you don't like it, though luck!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Ah, the comic relief.
Following that train of thought, I can run 100 meters in under 10 seconds and I can speak Chinese because there are others who can do it.

And with all that, for the last time: RiC will be further developed with RPGMakerMV and HSS.
If you don't like it, though luck!
Comic relief? Really, a light ad-hominem? Come on, man.

You said it was not possible. I pointed out someone who did what you said couldn't be done. If you don't want to do it, that's fine, but don't say it's because you can't, say it's because you don't want to.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Comic relief? Really, a light ad-hominem? Come on, man.

You said it was not possible. I pointed out someone who did what you said couldn't be done. If you don't want to do it, that's fine, but don't say it's because you can't, say it's because you don't want to.
It's impossible for me! I don't have the (Ren'Py) skills and I don't have the time, it's as simple as that.
Don't jump to conclusions!
And that's where I will leave it at.

Reactions: William Da Bob

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
It's impossible for me!
I second that, knew java for years, can do python an dabbled in Ren'py. The json files are hard to read and get through without some RPG Maker skillz to back it up. If i could do all three it would probably take me a few weekends but its hard to make easy sense just using the json files.

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
why are you guys even talking about Java?
RPGM MV is a Javascript engine with JSON data files.

But here is what I recommend amateur porters:
First of all, you need to pretty-print the JSON which takes about 10 lines of Python code to do it in a loop for all JSON files. It makes them readable, at least from a coder's perspective.

Second, every scene is just a list of event codes. It does not takes rocket science to reverse engineer most of them and you can even find resources here on this forum with the RPGM Translator that has a list of the codes in the Ruby scripts. The translator does not support RPGM MV but the codes are the same as those of VX Ace. MV does have some new codes though.

It's been a while since I played RiC but the hard part (at least for me) in porting would be the navigation since I've not done that before.
But I see no real reason to port, you don't have to unnecessarily walk around in this game. It's all just simple mouse clicks.
All you miss is rollback

D

DeletedGuy

These images sounds promising :)

Boomatica built a lot of scenes with non-standard HSS. It's a lot of work, but I'm getting there.
Also, in RPGMakerMV you'll have to take on the whole project. There's no way of just coding one section or delivering a text file.

All in all, I'm starting to make some progress with Shannon:

What happened here?
View attachment 67285

View attachment 67286
When you want to help, think up some events for Effie and the twins. I'll be happy to read them!

chris18

Jul 8, 2017
for some reason i cant open the mega files i downloaded, dont know y, ill try a few things see if its on my end, which is likely, possibly cuz im in japanese uni-code to play my other games, but thats nvr glitched this game or most others b4 but w/e it has for a few, well see when i finish downloading ric from nopy and try a few simple fixes :)

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
why are you guys even talking about Java?
RPGM MV is a Javascript engine with JSON data files.

But here is what I recommend amateur porters:
First of all, you need to pretty-print the JSON which takes about 10 lines of Python code to do it in a loop for all JSON files. It makes them readable, at least from a coder's perspective.
That makes it worse, not easier. I have never used Javascript, so formating the files correctly is the problem. If i did know the script language that well writing a parser would be a middle school exercise. Luckily someone else did this already, so thanks for the hint.

The problem is, RPGMaker puts a lot of garbage in the files and the engine requires a third party program to master. A renpy VN can be done with a text editor and a look into the documentation, which is benign short. Plus Renpy does the image layering pretty well and easy so partial renders allow increased image output and decreased file size.

TL DR RPGmaker is just overkill for a simple point and click and lacks some neat features that renpy has. a port could increase production cycles which is what everybody wants. But have no fear, that's not going to happen as DrSmith has already put his foot down.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
That makes it worse, not easier. I have never used Javascript, so formating the files correctly is the problem. If i did know the script language that well writing a parser would be a middle school exercise. Luckily someone else did this already, so thanks for the hint.

The problem is, RPGMaker puts a lot of garbage in the files and the engine requires a third party program to master. A renpy VN can be done with a text editor and a look into the documentation, which is benign short. Plus Renpy does the image layering pretty well and easy so partial renders allow increased image output and decreased file size.

TL DR RPGmaker is just overkill for a simple point and click and lacks some neat features that renpy has. a port could increase production cycles which is what everybody wants. But have no fear, that's not going to happen as DrSmith has already put his foot down.
Yes and with good reasons!
I have/had zero knowledge of RPGMakerMV, Ren'Py and HSS (ask me about Cobol, IDMS, JCL or VME, or to read a hex/oct dump).
So to get something out in the shortest time, I decided to stay with RPGMakerMV as tool for development. That way I could use what already was in the game and did not to have to start from scratch. Besides a menu driven tool is easier for me to learn than code.
So then why me at all? Well, I've been involved with the project for some time now. I tested the game and talked with Boom about scenes, animations etc. That's why Boom really wanted me to take over when he had to abandon RiC.
And RPGMakerMV overkill? So bet it. There are others who loathe Ren'Py and go for Unity and again others think Unity is too heavy a tool. So whatever you choose, there'll always be people thinking another tool would be much better.
And development will be slow either way because this is not my job and I have plenty of other obligations.

VirgilSteam

Jul 11, 2017
Speaking of DrSmith taking over, I realize it was originally Boom's game but is there any way that a mod could add DrSmith's name to the thread title? It seems like the fair thing to do since he is taking up the mantle with Boom's blessing.

Reactions: chris18 and DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Speaking of DrSmith taking over, I realized it was originally Boom's game but is there any way that a mod could add DrSmith's name to the thread title? It seems like the fair thing to do since he is taking up the mantle with Boom's blessing.
@Pepé Le Pew

If you wouldn't mined.
Much love <3
Much appreciated, but Boom's name has also got to stay. He started the game and can use the publicity.
So if only one developer can be mentioned, let Boom's name in the header.

chris18

Jul 8, 2017
incest, i think higher tier/ major taboos r pretty much their only rule and for other games probably loli is another rule lol i think eventually bestiality too from what i heard from another devs post how they "dont like dogs" since that was some near future content they had talked about making for a while and was finally around the corner, so anything not vanilla or ig chocolate w/e that mayb so long as its in w/e way less taboo than those 3 :noexpression:

chris18

Jul 8, 2017
also was wondering if any1 else having similar trouble as i am playing ric, cant open the archive or anything with winrar or 7zip >_< T_T
simple cropped screenshot of the files for ric and the glitch with 7zip which happens no matter what i do, wth is going on?! plzz help, plzz fix

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Incest didn't help the case but mainly because Chloe looked too young.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes