Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
I can happily say that I got to have a quick test of some of @DrSmith work on RIC0.6.1 and I was surprised to see just how quickly he managed to learn how to use the programs I was using as well as understanding the way the game handles the events in RPGM as the program isn't really designed to do what I made it do.
-Boom
Way to increase my anticipation. Fingers crossed @DrSmith. May the source be with you.

Reactions: DrSmith

youpla

May 9, 2017
@DrSmith : Hi Dr Smith. I learned what happened with this game and Patreon politics. It's sad to see a game like this one being butchered because of some totally personal appreciations from a person who is unable to see that Chloe could really be an adult.
Anyway, thank you for your dedication and for continuing the game (until its end, I hope).
I had left, some pages ago, a feedback about the last version but it was a little "buried" under all the talk about this game being abandoned. I will copy it here, hoping it could be of some interest to you and guide you through some things that you may considerer adding to the future update. Be aware, this feedback is a bit long :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: dbp5ca and DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith : Hi Dr Smith. I learned what happened with this game and Patreon politics. It's sad to see a game like this one being butchered because of some totally personal appreciations from a person who is unable to see that Chloe could really be an adult.
Anyway, thank you for your dedication and for continuing the game (until its end, I hope).
I had left, some pages ago, a feedback about the last version but it was a little "buried" under all the talk about this game being abandoned. I will copy it here, hoping it could be of some interest to you and guide you through some things that you may considerer adding to the future update. Be aware, this feedback is a bit long :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the feedback.
I think you have some points and I will look into it when I continue with Sarah and Chloe.

As for your questions:
I'm planning on more corruption paths, let's see where that will lead.

Reactions: ajd9117

dnb1987

Feb 14, 2018
@DrSmith i am a patron of boom and a bit unfamiliar with this website. Just one question without any intention on putting any kind of presure on you. ive read that you created some new events for Shannon and the neices and was wondering on when you were planning on releasing it here :)

edit:

i just found the link to subliminal corruption and started it. Really looks great and like the menu on your phone alot ! figured out how to make money so time to check the new content ^^

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith i am a patron of boom and a bit unfamiliar with this website. Just one question without any intention on putting any kind of presure on you. ive read that you created some new events for Shannon and the neices and was wondering on when you were planning on releasing it here :)
I'm still working on it and I can't give a date, yet.
I have a good view of the programming but I'm still struggling with HSS, that's a pain for me!
Some scenes are so full of objects that it's hard to select the right one and get it in the right position (being a bit color blind doesn't help also).
And doing all in my spare time will slow down progress anyway.

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
@DrSmith Allow me to join in saying Thank You for taking over this project!

That being said, there's a "problem" I noticed in earlier versions of RIC that hopefully you can address (no offense @Boomatica , I would have brought it to your attention, but the game changed hands before I could).
When diary pages are added, there doesn't seem to be any logical progression from on page to the next.
If that's a problem with the programming language, etc., then I understand.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith Allow me to join in saying Thank You for taking over this project!

That being said, there's a "problem" I noticed in earlier versions of RIC that hopefully you can address (no offense @Boomatica , I would have brought it to your attention, but the game changed hands before I could).
When diary pages are added, there doesn't seem to be any logical progression from on page to the next.
If that's a problem with the programming language, etc., then I understand.
That's a limitation of RPGMakerMV.
All pages have their fixed position on the 'Profile' page and some pages are triggered by points and others are triggered by events. There is no necessary sequence in triggering the pages, due to the sandbox style of the game.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
@DrSmith :)
i just found the link to subliminal corruption and started it. Really looks great and like the menu on your phone alot ! figured out how to make money so time to check the new content ^^
Just to be clear, 'Subliminal Corruption' is not @DrSmith 's new game, its @Boomatica 's old game. The FIRST TIME patreon ruined the game. DrSmith is working on 'Research into Corruption'

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Just to be clear, 'Subliminal Corruption' is not @DrSmith 's new game, its @Boomatica 's old game. The FIRST TIME patreon ruined the game. DrSmith is working on 'Research into Corruption'
Indeed! It's all @Boomatica 's work and the predecessor of RiC.
Besides, I would post the new release properly in it's own post and with change log and all!
Never in an answer to someone.

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
Question will you be posting updated threads on other sites that @Boomatica had updated this on?
Looking forward to seeing where you are taking this

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Question will you be posting updated threads on other sites that @Boomatica had updated this on?
Looking forward to seeing where you are taking this
No, just here. Wouldn't even know what other sites Boom posted on (though I could ask, I'm not too sure about registering on too many sites ;) )

Reactions: MerlinUSA

dnb1987

Feb 14, 2018
@DrSmith thanks for your reply and i would like to make clear again that i dont want to put you under any kind of presure ! I thought that Subliminal research was your test before adding things to RiC :)

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Could you please quit RL and go back to rendering? Shannon was the hottest. Hope we get to see the sister angle explored with Sarah. The entire sunbathing at the beach 'selfies' and office flirting was superb.
RL = ?
Beach and office are 'Sarah CP's driven', I have to think of a way to get Shannon CP's into the path...

Would you like a list of all the typos found etc?
Yes please.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes