Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
also was wondering if any1 else having similar trouble as i am playing ric, cant open the archive or anything with winrar or 7zip >_< T_T
I read a lot of people are having trouble with the last package (v0.6.0), so I've made a new zip.
You'll need all 4 files!

Reactions: chris18

chris18

Jul 8, 2017
thnx alot dling now update u later :)
srry to say but all the files downloaded fine and i tried winrar and it worked at 1st but then
! C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\private\RIC - 0.6.0.z01: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
! C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\private\RIC - 0.6.0.z02: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
that happened, i use mega free so i wouldnt b able to try again for a while and goin to sleep in a few anyway :( ill test tomorrow if u think uve fixed it by then :) :/

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
srry to say but all the files downloaded fine and i tried winrar and it worked at 1st but then
! C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\private\RIC - 0.6.0.z01: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
! C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\private\RIC - 0.6.0.z02: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
that happened, i use mega free so i wouldnt b able to try again for a while and goin to sleep in a few anyway :( ill test tomorrow if u think uve fixed it by then :) :/
Are you using the newest version of WinRar? As an alternative, consider using 7zip.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I have no problems extracting them, either with Winrar 5.0 or 7zip. So I can't do anymore.
Check your disk and connection and try 7zip.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
i know this is late but what did this game specifically do to violate the TOS?
Apart from incest, the chloe character looked to 'young'.

I dont know what kind of bloated land whales count as teenagers in San Fransisco but given that HSS portrays japanese characters, Chloe is heavily oversupplied. But hey racism against white people is okay and japanese are honorary bleach faces.
Keep in mind, Boomatica had to redo her once already. RIC is the legacy project for Subliminal Corruption in which Chloe looked and acted far younger. Which again was a point of tension.

Bokken

Jun 14, 2017
"The two "main" characters are basically finished, anyway."
"You are so wrong....." -Dr Smith

I am very glad this was the response. I was bummed that the Asshats tried to derail this project before the Tedy Brother DP happened.

To anybody bitching, go make your own game if its so easy, I keep threating to myself to take a swing but I don't even know the tools Boom used to make RiC.

I laugh at the age thing, I know girls in there late 20s that look younger no bullshit. That said I also know 15-year-olds that I run the freaking hell away from because they look in the 20.

Last is there anywhere to get Subliminal Corruption I'm just curious.

:::EDIT:::

I also had issues with the original archives. I got the errors with both 7zip and winrar and yes I had both files. Oddly enough the game still worked fine.

Suhail9890

Oct 6, 2017
upload_2018-2-23_2-40-4.png

Hi Team does anyone came through the issue of scenes getting stuck?
I am stuck on this scene and I am not getting any option to move ahead.
Please can somebody advise me a way to get through this.
Thanks

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Last is there anywhere to get Subliminal Corruption I'm just curious.
Subliminal Corruption:

Update:
Content wise little progress, made some events for Shannon at >225 and while testing, I discovered a glitch in the game. The transition events for Chloe and Sarah are time related and the way it was programmed caused a freeze when an event at night in some other place than home played out. I think to have solved it and now nightly events for other characters than Chloe an Sarah are possible.....
For Effie I've created the scene for the coffee shop, inside and on the terrace. Now the events....

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Subliminal Corruption:

Update:
Content wise little progress, made some events for Shannon at >225 and while testing, I discovered a glitch in the game. The transition events for Chloe and Sarah are time related and the way it was programmed caused a freeze when an event at night in some other place than home played out. I think to have solved it and now nightly events for other characters than Chloe an Sarah are possible.....
For Effie I've created the scene for the coffee shop, inside and on the terrace. Now the events....
So just to be clear, what new content is in this update? Shannon up to 225, or higher? Effie scene setting, but no events?

Yoda03

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Boomatica,
Can we expect a sequel to RIC-0.6 ?
I know you had to change the game because you had problems with the administrators of Patreon and on your page, there are only the dates of the updates of your new game (which I'm not a Fan unlike at RIC).
Thanks and Good Luck.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi Boomatica,
Can we expect a sequel to RIC-0.6 ?
I know you had to change the game because you had problems with the administrators of Patreon and on your page, there are only the dates of the updates of your new game (which I'm not a Fan unlike at RIC).
Thanks and Good Luck.
@Boomatica had to drop RiC completely.
I have taken over and now working on 0.6.1 (an update to get Shannon and Effie into the game). If that works out well,
I'll continue with Chloe and Sarah and extend other characters even further.

kxxx

Oct 13, 2016
So that's why it's been a while since the last update.

I decided to check the thread because I thought it's been too long, only to find out Patreon killed it. It's a shame, it was a good game and had pretty frequent updates but at least it's good to hear that someone decided to continue it and even got the blessing from Boomatica.

Good luck on the project, Doctor. Hope it all goes well with it and that you can make a game with the same quality (or maybe even above after you get the hang of RPGM) as Boomatica.

Reactions: Yoda03 and DrSmith

Starswirl

Feb 26, 2018
Just had to pop in to say thanks for picking RiC up, Doc! I really like this game, so it was a pity that Boom had to drop it. Good luck with the development!

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
I can happily say that I got to have a quick test of some of @DrSmith work on RIC0.6.1 and I was surprised to see just how quickly he managed to learn how to use the programs I was using as well as understanding the way the game handles the events in RPGM as the program isn't really designed to do what I made it do.

So all in all, I'm more than happy with the work that @DrSmith is doing on the project and I'm sure all of you will as well.

I'd just like to publicly thank @DrSmith for taking on this project and not letting it die.

-Boom

Jun 26, 2017
Also @DrSmith - can you add a chance for your game on patreon to be discovered and banned? Or maybe be snitched on if you make one of the girls mad?

What? Too soon?

Just kidding about that but some poke in the eye to Patreon would be funny.

Just wanted to say thanks to you both for this great game and story.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Also @DrSmith - can you add a chance for your game on patreon to be discovered and banned? Or maybe be snitched on if you make one of the girls mad?

What? Too soon?

Just kidding about that but some poke in the eye to Patreon would be funny.

Just wanted to say thanks to you both for this great game and story.
To see if I thought I could continue RiC, the first thing I did was remove all references to Patreon. So I don't think I will make any more efforts on things related to Patreon ;)
But thanks! You've given me a nice idea for a path for one of the characters.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes