Pridar

Apr 10, 2018
You're progressing quickly, that's really good!

However, it's almost 2GB + from the last update, it's already larger than most games i've ever seen around here, maybe there's some optimization to be made? Could also be a compressed version, but i feel that, at the breakneck pace you're evolving, finding some methods of reducing the game's size would make it much more accessible for the wider audience to enjoy it.

Please consider it! Since i don't have many options to quickly download it, and seeing as how mega.nz is a bitch, i'll be waiting for a smaller version to come up (other means of hosting the download, such as GDRIVE or torrent would be nice but they wouldn't solve the problem at hand)

Pridar

Apr 10, 2018

However, it's almost 2GB + from the last update, it's already larger than most games i've ever seen around here, maybe there's some optimization to be made? Could also be a compressed version, but i feel that, at the breakneck pace you're evolving, finding some methods of reducing the game's size would make it much more accessible for the wider audience to enjoy it.

Please consider it! Since i don't have many options to quickly download it, and seeing as how mega.nz is a bitch, i'll be waiting for a smaller version to come up (other means of hosting the download, such as GDRIVE or torrent would be nice but they wouldn't solve the problem at hand)
I took a peek at the image files of the previous update, and i'm pretty sure that saving them as .png isn't recommended for VN's. Saving them as .jpg would cut the game's size to about 1/4 of what it is (reduced one image from 3MB to 400kb), with an unsubstantial ammount of loss of quality. You could do even more with .webp (went from 3MB to 150kb), so i guess it should be fine.

Reactions: Aereon1104

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
yeah I enjoyed the first two... but i'm not about to dl 5 gigs of game on a version 3. lol, who do you think you are... EA?

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
yeah I enjoyed the first two... but i'm not about to dl 5 gigs of game on a version 3. lol, who do you think you are... EA?
He is releasing content like Usain Bolt, maybe in the next patch he will switch to jpg/webp, who knows

Lotto1212

Aug 23, 2018
Tried to download the game but when see the size, make me think twice lol
hope there is a compressed one or maybe a way to reduce the size

Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Hello everyone,
Thanks for the feedback ! I understand what's everyone saying about the game's size (almost 5gb is already too much). I will check solutions to make the game as compressed as possible for the next update.

I'm updating my compressed version. I wish mods/OP would leave the compressed links up and just append a (version number) instead of IMMEDIATELY killing the link. :cautious:
Thanks a lot for your compressed version. I'll take advices from you all to get better. (know that I didn't delete your link haha, must have been mod I guess)

Kalyha,

BroBen

Jun 5, 2018

Most progress is delayed so people keep more time paying.

Reactions: Pridar
3.90 star(s) 151 Votes