Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Ok, it's time I actually played this. Every God damn time I download it, put it to the side for later, then right just when I was gonna play it, BAM, a new update and the cycle continues! Just today, I was looking at the zipped folder of this for version 0.18 and though "Ok, maybe I should get on it" and ya know what happens, this shit get's updated! UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLE
That means it's finally the day to start with a fresh update. :D

Trying to load a save i get this
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Users\steven\Desktop\Images\RestoreHerCareerChapter-0.19-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Restore Her Career Chapter 0.19
Mon Sep 20 00:53:13 2021
```
All of your saves are not working or only one in particular?
Are you using the full game or only chapter 0.19?

i want to ask you something, because i just came across your game, and i find it a very intriguing game, is this game a harem game, or we will end up with only one girl at the end?
There is one main girl, all others are side girls adding more content into the whole story. But you end up having relation with all of them in order to keep them for yourself, aka harem.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
I feel you. I only get around 1 mb/s from mega. So everytime i see a couple of gig or more file size i die a little inside :)

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here are my unofficial android ports of Restore Her Career.
  • *updated
  • *updated
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
Restore Her Career [v0.19] [Kalyha] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

Original Win/Linux Size: 6.04 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 1.80 GB MB

Original Mac Size: 6.02 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 1.78 GB

PS: The thumbnails oversize issue for gallery mode been fixed.
Thanks bibifoc for reporting it and also provide solution for member who downloaded the previous compressed version. The quick fix can be found in post #2015.

Restore Her Career Chapter v0.19 Only - Compressed
Original Win/Linux Size: 307 MB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 109 MB

Original Mac Size: 289 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 91.1 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

Last edited:

LeturLefr

Nov 14, 2018
you don't need a walkthrough, this game is straightforward.
if you pick the "bad choice" it will only play the scene in a "what if scenario" way and then going back to the initial choice.
you only need to save on mom's birthday party (pretty later in the game) since you need some choices combo to unlock different scenes.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi, Any Mod for this v0.19 please?
Well Patreon, I guess nobody is able to really understand how they apply the story exception for restricted content based on the story exception where they mentioned something like games of thrones and which games they went after and which not. :p I guess you need a lot of luck with which member of support team you get as a dev.

Concerning nicer to Mom, I really do get the sentiment and would never be able myself to treat her that way if I had choices in the game, remember though the premise is that MC is a psychopath and misses the ability's to see certain things or have certain feelings. He would have to change a lot to make that possible and it would destroy the more unique focus of the game. It is in the end up to what dev wants and plans though.

Reactions: riverrungames
3.90 star(s) 155 Votes