Ren'Py Abandoned Retriever: Da Capo [v0.1.0] [dodongamagnifico]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
I don't think it was that hard to follow. There were gramatical mistakes, of course, some threw off my immersion or made me read again a few times but from what I gather this story is trying to set up a mystery. Protag dies, goes to "heaven", gets ressurected, his memories that were lost also ressurect but in human form. I really like this, feels fresh and different. Also the style and humor are prety different from anything I've seen yet, not in a bad way.
I don't understand what people mean by characters being "bland"? If it's their looks, I wasnt expecting anything extreme from highschool people. If it's their personality...well how can you know if there's not enough content to know them better?
My point is that I think you have something pretty good here, dev. Maybe just get someone to proof-read for you to fix those grammar mistakes.
Just don't get demotivated mate! :D

Apr 16, 2020
Thanks for the great feedback. I've been thinking the same but couldn't seem to find a good solution to it. I guess my writing skill isn't just good enough for this kind of game. :(
You have amazing potential for writing, believe me my critique wasn't meant to be taken as harsh or hostile. I really do hope regardless if this is something you'll commit only as a hobby to keep developing this game. You've done more than I ever could. Hope you don't lose motivation. :coffee: ;)

Unkn0wnK1d

Apr 16, 2021
Retriever [v0.8.0] [dodongamagnifico] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 1,1 GB / 325 MB - Retriever-0.8.0-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 1,05 GB / 316 MB - Retriever-0.8.0-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,08 GB / 308 MB - Retriever-0.8.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): Workupload - -

Update Patch v0.8.0 to v0.8.1

Copy/extract the content of the attached archive (game.7z) into the "game" folder and overwrite if asked.

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -
Is there a android version for this game?

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
This game is great. Haven't played a lot yet tho, I should probably wait till I get home and play it on my pc

Meanwhile, I have a question: are sex scenes unavoidable? Will MC end up with a harem no matter what you do?

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
This game has quite a bit of potential.

It's definitely more visually competent than the majority of Koi games and while the plot has a rough start, the premise is solid enough.

That 1 star review is ridiculous, this is not a 1 star game by any means and really does deserve more attention.

gatcher2

Nov 5, 2020
So am I just supposed to bumble around blindly repeating options hoping something new happens?

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
ALRIGHT.
I think I've seen all the content from this reworked version.
I donated 5k to the shrine and I think nothing obvious came out of it.
Anyway...Small review time

I think is is a biiiiiiiiiiiiig improvement on the last version. The story is way less convoluted and way easier to follow. You also managed to improved on the models and environment (I already liked it before but now it feels better) and even the transitions! They look so cool and stylish!! I think I prefer the old "roomate" model tho...oh and having her and Ena both have band-aids is a bit weird, maybe leave the roomate only with a small scar? idk.
I think some people will whine about the 4th wall break but I think it's funny. Just don't overdo it. The humor also made me chuckle a few times.

Now for the bad stuff. I see that you improved on the writing, sentence structures and grammar has fewer mistakes but I still found quite a bit of them which made reading few awkward at times. I'm not a native english speaker myself so maybe I'm even being more forgiving than most?

So pretty good rework overall, I think this is on the right path to be great :D

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018
I'm completely lost here, on day 13 right now, met the android and had the looping scene after drinking, but since then not a single new thing has happened, have I reached the end already?

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
I'm completely lost here, on day 13 right now, met the android and had the looping scene after drinking, but since then not a single new thing has happened, have I reached the end already?
I believe so, yes. The dev reworked the entire thing. I dont think he reused a single scene from the last version so there isn't much now so consider it a prologue i guess.

der.Mat

Apr 5, 2022
Part1 of my message:

Hey.. Where is the Programmer of the game? Or someone who knows about it? come here!
?!?
And why is the name "Retriever" by the APK, after I install there?

Mindfuck to the end? Whatever! I love it!! :D <3

Part2:

And where are here the APKs?

dodongamagnifico
it is time.. it is 2022!
Read questions.
answer.
and:

continue working! ❤

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes