PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
The text contrast makes it difficult to read on light backgrounds. Really needs a text box behind it.

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Think ill wait a bit... played it liked it... so yeah. No need for every update... DOWNLOAD!! nope this one ill take it in chunks! :D:love:

grant guthrie

Aug 17, 2018
why did u turn Jensen into an idiot that would take a shot that would mess with his body when he was feeling un easy about things going on around him I have to call B.S. no way a military man would loose an edge under these circumstances!!!...

Reactions: Rythan25

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
why did u turn Jensen into an idiot that would take a shot that would mess with his body when he was feeling un easy about things going on around him I have to call B.S. no way a military man would loose an edge under these circumstances!!!...
You might have missed a few key points, so a quick recap:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I have to admit i have not idea what the 100% save is about. I've included way back when a ch1-2 save file and that was it.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
What has happened to the 100% save?
In Retrieving The Past there are no repeatable scenes, no sandbox mode, and no gallery or unlocks. The only thing a save file does is enable you to skip over content you've already played. Given that we just redid the content for every single episode of the game right back to the first, there really isn't any point to loading a save that isn't your own, and from this current version, as you will miss out on the only part of the game that matters much - the story.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Shiver more than me timbers, this winter season. Makes a man think he'd best be keeping to his cabin and perhaps firing up the ol' computing box fer a lewd game or two. Alas, it be many years afore this old pirate can match the techn...sci...loot all ye modern pirates have. Arr, all we had in my day were parrots and scabby shipmates...
What? Oh, aye, here be an update. Ye could also head over to Cap'n Knobby's and drop some gold on him, so's he can keep going. In the meantime, I be fantasizing about me parrot...

Series Two...

As night falls and things are settling, here at the other side of the world things carry on.
Now the following must please be noted for Series Two.

Series Two in essence follows on from Series One as it should so no problems there. However to avoid any save file issue's in the future I have spoken to my lead coder (Wurg) and have decided to put to you, the player one simple question at the start of Series Two, Episode 1.
You choose from the start the girl were interested in Series One episode 1-6.
Your old saves did basically just that tallied up the points for the girl you were most interested in.

So for Series Two your points/saves were reset and old saves WILL NOT WORK. So please do not use old save files. Instead start a new game and select the lady you would like Jensen to end up with at the end of RTP.

Not to worry we pickup where we left off in Series One, you do not have to play Series One again.

The reason for this is simple, start all code from scratch. Then mainly due to my lack of Python coding at the start of Retrieving the Past I did not allow adequate coding commands to allow save files to be carried over. Apologies for this.

Then I have also now introduced a very cool feature. The Character Info page. Here you can find out who is who in the zoo. Forgotten who Penny for instance is, simple just click on the char info icon top right, find Penny and read up on her background.

Production for Series Two, Episode One is now in progress. It will unfortunately take a few weeks longer than 1 month and 15 days (which is always my aim). So I think in 2 months time will see the release.

IF any patrons are not happy with this decision then please feel free to make alternative plans, no worries. I do hope you stay to carry on this journey with us.
Then I do not say this enough. BIG MASSIVE thank you to all my patrons. YOU make this game breathe and come alive. Expect your image packs not long from now.

Then lastly RogueKnightUK is now co-writer for RTP and was instrumental for adding more depth to the Remastered version. So for future if anything is off with regards to Series Two then be assured as it's not he's doing but rather mine as I can be stubborn...LOL :0)
Rogue is passionate about RTP and fully on board, ready to go...

So that is it, ya'll...

.:Lataz:.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Aye, passionate I am indeed about the amazing story that is only just beginning to unfold. On my first play of RTP I sensed some of the scope and potential, and was hooked. I am truly delighted to be a small part of this creative work. There's a phenomenal story that, so far, you have barely glimpsed, but that is going to start properly unfolding and coming into view in the next series...

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Having mixed feelings about this game... Enjoyed most of it, but those last chapters where a bit frustrating. Was planning on choosing Mei, but Nicky and Vicky seem to be the only options. Bumming me out. :/

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I know how you feel.

In real life I was planning on ending up with Kylie Minogue when I was young, and somehow I never got that option. Same exact thing so far with Marisa Tomei, and Keira Knightley... As the saying goes, "Life is what happens while you were making other plans".

Mei-Lin is an important character in the story, for many reasons, but she has a different destiny all of her own. You'll have to wait to find out what that is, just as she will.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
I know how you feel.

In real life I was planning on ending up with Kylie Minogue when I was young, and somehow I never got that option. Same exact thing so far with Marisa Tomei, and Keira Knightley... As the saying goes, "Life is what happens while you were making other plans".

Mei-Lin is an important character in the story, for many reasons, but she has a different destiny all of her own. You'll have to wait to find out what that is, just as she will.
I've been following this game for a while and expected the story to take a different direction. If the story didn't have two early game choices dedicated to Mei, I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed and would agree with you.

Sad violin. :'''(

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes