RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I've been following this game for a while and expected the story to take a different direction. If the story didn't have two early game choices dedicated to Mei, I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed and would agree with you.

Sad violin. :'''(
Good catch on the early story choices. However, one thing to think about is was the mechanic allowing you to 'choose' Mei, or to not choose Nicky... As a fan of stories of all kinds, I've always loved the ones that can surprise me, or at least, that challenge assumptions and give me a better story than I might have originally expected.

As a player of RTP, before being given an opportunity to join the team, I liked how the story here does that too. All through the first few episodes I found myself constantly revising my expectations for what the story would be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Will series 2 be a continuation or willt this be an all in one game with several chapters like it now ??

Robert E Lee

Jan 6, 2019
Sorry. I Wasn't a big fan of this game. It had great graphics and all, and a good story line, but wish there were choices. I don't like having all the girls throwing themselves at me and not having a choice to deny their advances especially when you(as a player) know that some characters have feelings for you. Or if there is a particular girl you are interested in and yet have sex with a different girl when the player doesn't want to. Sorry. It's just my opinion.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
You might have missed a few key points, so a quick recap:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It just sucks that he trusted the new doctor so easily... no background check no nothing... I dont mind him losing the giant dick or the phermone ability as the dude is handsome and charming and could probably still get into every girls panties (just not as easily)....

What I do mind is him losing his "super soldier" powers, and then getting his ass kicked by the guy that had Angelique neuter him, and have the bad guy brag about how much better he is after the pussy had to nerf Jensen before showing himself to face him... Also the bad guy has no side effects to his powers... wtf...

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
My guess is Mei will end up as the queen of Yakuza and change them for the better or some stuff... interesting, but still would have prefered her to be a main LI as she is the 2nd or 3rd hottest chick in the game... Vicky made me aware of the game and pledge, but Mei Lin and Jensen's secretary keep me there... Nicky... she's... a sweet girl...

Also as much as I like the Yakuza badass samurai, if I have to witness a sex scene between him and Mei I'm gonna skip it... as it serves no purpose to me, unless Jensen is into voyeurism and is there watching it, I have no interest in a "meanwhile watch this random sex scene with Mei and Yakuza dude on the other side of the city".... It will make my stomach churn just like Liam X Rena did... ( I loved the guy, but he did NOT need to end up with Rena)...

Reactions: Zero919

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Lol Rythan, putting the horse before the cart.

Andi and Eve will be in S02Ep01 so... wait till you see them before making decisions regarding Mei and mom and daughter. I tell you they are smoking hot...

My guess is Mei will end up as the queen of Yakuza and change them for the better or some stuff... interesting, but still would have prefered her to be a main LI as she is the 2nd or 3rd hottest chick in the game... Vicky made me aware of the game and pledge, but Mei Lin and Jensen's secretary keep me there... Nicky... she's... a sweet girl...

Also as much as I like the Yakuza badass samurai, if I have to witness a sex scene between him and Mei I'm gonna skip it... as it serves no purpose to me, unless Jensen is into voyeurism and is there watching it, I have no interest in a "meanwhile watch this random sex scene with Mei and Yakuza dude on the other side of the city".... It will make my stomach churn just like Liam X Rena did... ( I loved the guy, but he did NOT need to end up with Rena)...

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
There is a difference between a Visual Novel, which is a story that is being told and therefore will force some limitations on the "player" in service to the story and a "game", which most players think of as a sandbox or free-roam concept, usually having to sacrifice a cohesive story in order to allow for the innumerable choices different players would make, given that freedom.

I see this game more as a VN (as such it is labeled), in that it has a tale to tell and that means we aren't the driver of the play, more like a participant in the lead role. We get more freedom than a true novel (as in a book) but not as much as in a game.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Lol Rythan, putting the horse before the cart.

Andi and Eve will be in S01Ep01 so... wait till you see them before making decisions regarding Mei and mom and daughter. I tell you they are smoking hot...
I did just download the latest 1.0.6 version last night and gonna replay from the begining to see the changes... Are the save files compatible ? I want to keep my original file as I liked my original decisions, and not sure if a second playthrough will be the same lol.

Though I do remember you saying your not using saves form ep1 for ep2, its gonna be more a "questions" on your choices going forward right ?

Lastly, I did forget about Andi, she is not Rena, but she was very hot... is Jensen going to "get in there" ? otherwise hot or not she wont have as much attachment for me, unless she is a very sweet niece we get to interact with a lot.

Do you know if the compressed/crunched version is the latest file ? Even though I have access to your game as a Patreon, I still get it form here LOL, especially when its crunched and compressed HAHAHA.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
NO idea if teh compressed version is latest. You can use your save files for Series On ep 1-6 Remastered for sure.

But as Series Two is basically "new", series on its own you will not or should not need your save files.

Man are all going to love Eve... and Andi.

I did just download the latest 1.0.6 version last night and gonna replay from the begining to see the changes... Are the save files compatible ? I want to keep my original file as I liked my original decisions, and not sure if a second playthrough will be the same lol.

Though I do remember you saying your not using saves form ep1 for ep2, its gonna be more a "questions" on your choices going forward right ?

Lastly, I did forget about Andi, she is not Rena, but she was very hot... is Jensen going to "get in there" ? otherwise hot or not she wont have as much attachment for me, unless she is a very sweet niece we get to interact with a lot.

Do you know if the compressed/crunched version is the latest file ? Even though I have access to your game as a Patreon, I still get it form here LOL, especially when its crunched and compressed HAHAHA.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Perfectly summed up. I promise my next game will be more sandbox and choice driven.

There is a difference between a Visual Novel, which is a story that is being told and therefore will force some limitations on the "player" in service to the story and a "game", which most players think of as a sandbox or free-roam concept, usually having to sacrifice a cohesive story in order to allow for the innumerable choices different players would make, given that freedom.

I see this game more as a VN (as such it is labeled), in that it has a tale to tell and that means we aren't the driver of the play, more like a participant in the lead role. We get more freedom than a true novel (as in a book) but not as much as in a game.

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Will the next Episode start from the end of last update or will it continue in a standalone Episode.
Just asking.. with that cliffhanger ending, anything is possible.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes