RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
No. There are games where the character is a player avatar, and you get to customise them however you like, and there are games where you play a specific character, like say Batman, or Snake Plisken, or James Bond, etc. This VN is the second type. Sure, Jensen Wenchester isn't as famous as those other dudes, but how will he become so if everyone knows him by a different name? :)

Sorry it's not for you, but there are many games and VNs where you can choose your own name for a different story.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Land ho! Pirates and Privateers, thar be a sighting! It seems that our voyage may soon be reaching a new port. Set sail and make direction for that shimmering shape ye see in the distance...

Series Two, Episode One progress

I think ya'll been waiting long enough for some damn news.

First of all FanArt. I've seen a few and I have decided to include them in the future Image packs I create for all the amazing Patrons. If any person patron or anyone have RTP FanArt then contact me on Patron or Discord if you would like your RTP FanArt to be included in these Image Packs. If yours is included you automatically get a Gold image pack as Thank you.

This months FanArt I've included is from my good friend

OK so now below may seem like not much but trust me I am on it. The story will unfold somewhat more in the upcoming update so that will make the confused one's out there happy as they may get to see more of what all this craziness is about.

Currently my render PC is working its ass off rendering away. I will now start with adding more dialogues so below numbers will change rapidly.

Lines of code: 347
Image Series: 2
Anims: none
Sound clips: 1

I've also added some more functionality and something I think a lot of you will appreciated. Also changed the style / look of the Menu's a bit.

.:Lataz:.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
'Pears ta be a bit o' a hush o'er this here thread. Seas becalmed, eh, pirate scum? Avast! Here be a new update from yer Captain Knobby. Bring yer ears and eyes o'er here:

Update NEWS report

Hi y'all

Update on the... erm ... update?

So this update will be shorter than normal. If I cram in too much it may hamper what we are trying to say. SO... Here's what I have so far. Obviously some more images and dialogue still to be added but id say development wise we are at 93.1113312% so not long.

I am hoping to give the proofreader and editor some dialogue this weekend and get an Alpha version out as well. Also have the QA tester sniff around the renders and find the bad one's so I can correct them.
So without any further ado here's the breakdown as it is now.

Lines of code: 880
Image series: 3
Sound: 3

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Seriously do not cry as release day is close. Obviously the First Tier users get their little mits on it first then Second Tier and so on. BUT good news is that the proofreader is done, now with the Editor and we wait on the changes he's got in mind.

Once those are done. Release time...
What we have in the Alpha version is:
Lines of dialogue: 1019
Image series: 4
Sound clips: 6
Above may change depending on what the Editor has in mind. There's a lot of missing pieces we have to cover and also explaining/opening up more reveals in the story.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eerie Entity going to be trying out this game today after all this past week ive been playing alot of games i thought i would never try
Well RtP is definitely worth it, it's one of my own personal favorites since the very first release, art is real good, there's definitely a story being told and so on :)

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Well RtP is definitely worth it, it's one of my own personal favorite since the very release, art is real good, there's definitely a story being told and so on :)
still wish i was playing as a son whos in love with that milf from your signature but w/e i must honor you by playing it

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
um ok then i guess ill go try The Way and delete this game from my computer despite me not caring about Rape NTR or other questionable genre in rule 34 or comics i dont like it done to me while playing as a main character in a game

still i remember you mentioned this before so i am surpised there is no way to skip the fucked up stuff if people are not into it especially if it happens in an update that isnt current
It's not done TO you, you don't play a female character, but happens to others. And it's not there as a fetish, it's there for story reasons, and like I said, it's black-screened, so you don't even see it happen, you just read it, it's all for story reasons.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'm still unsure as to whether it was truly rape in that first scene. Sexual assault, for sure, but I thought it was carefully crafted to be "just before actual rape". Maybe that's just the way I prefer to remember it.

As for KMM's question, it is something that is done at the initial part of the game, whether the scene is played out or "skipped", it is going to be part of the game as a catalyst to numerous plot threads that follow.

Tough call on skipping the game entirely, but, yes, it's a dark scene. There are also a lot of really light moments and fun dialog later. You could always do the "skip unseen text" option in Renpy and blast through the scene with the CTRL key to get past it. Might be worth it.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I'm still unsure as to whether it was truly rape in that first scene. Sexual assault, for sure, but I thought it was carefully crafted to be "just before actual rape". Maybe that's just the way I prefer to remember it.

As for KMM's question, it is something that is done at the initial part of the game, whether the scene is played out or "skipped", it is going to be part of the game as a catalyst to numerous plot threads that follow.

Tough call on skipping the game entirely, but, yes, it's a dark scene. There are also a lot of really light moments and fun dialog later. You could always do the "skip unseen text" option in Renpy and blast through the scene with the CTRL key to get past it. Might be worth it.
Yeah, despite the "scene" and all, I really would recommend at least giving the game a fair try, but I had to give @King Monkey Mon a fair warning though because I know what type of games he prefers and looks for and what he doesn't :p

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
You're a good doobie, EE.
he should be he is my brother after all

i changed my mind im going to re download it still wish he told me it happen to someone the main character doesnt have a relationship with

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes