kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
lol on a side note the "reveal" part would have been so much more of a damn! if he had done more then check them out lol but i get why with certain rules but just what i was thinking

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
wasnt all about the slow start that is to be expected with how its set up, some of the time the MC thinking or saying something that would typically lead to a multiple choice scenario i understand this isnt how you went with it, no issue but it was much more prevalent early on compared to midway-current and it wasnt a game changer but the feeling of a forced rout can be a bit annoying lol the story begins to flow and everything came to gether imo like i said mid-current and a little before in the beginning its nice guy omg im a stud with love perfume (basicly) but hes dealing with internal monologe that goes idk should i? and its always hell ya! XD not bad but just seems like writing was going to be more routs but the idea was scraped if you kinda get what i mean by that ANYWAYS sorry for the rant kinda xD love the game is main point and dont expect any changes just wanted to explain myself a bit and ya haha had a hard time putting it into words
I hear ya. I think that most devs would like to have more routes, offer players more choices, but each extra scene or path, that only even gets seen by a fraction of the players, though it took just as much time as the content that served everyone... well, let's just say that alternate scenes and paths add a lot of extra overhead.

@MrKnobb has decided to make the story, and driving it forward, the main focus. Given that the story is one of the unique strengths of the game, I agree with him completely. Sure we have some sexy characters, but so do many other games. Hot renders, again, we see a lot of other games with art we consider either equal to, or better than ours. Now, I'm not saying our story is necessarily better than others, but I think our story is certainly different enough, and compelling.

There will continue to be short divergences as you choose which girl to spend a period of time with, but we never want to get into that position some games do where one update only really advances the path you aren't playing. Nor an update that felt like it was only a quarter of the length of usual (because we'd had to create different content for 4 paths). The bigger divergences will happen towards the end of the story.

After all, once we've completed the main path, we can see if supporters are interested in us going back to add an alternate branch somewhere. That just feels more in line with telling a good story as well as we can, and not keeping people hanging around for what happens next any more than development time needs.

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
It's one of those challenges, where you have to balance development time against the number of people who enjoy a certain storyline enough to stay (or become) invested in it.

In logic, if not in scale, that is the same as the considerations a movie producer would make; the decision whether a certain scene is cut, shown, or added is - not 'only', but significantly - impacted by the estimation of how many more people this would bring to the cinema. Of course, those cuts are restricted by the resilience of the storyline - if it can be advanced without a specific scene, the harm to the storyline is minimal. A reasonable example of this was Lord of the Rings - hours and hours of 'extra' footage, some complete scenes.
Of course movies work differently in that the end product is delivered in a single installment, versus the episodic release of most games or VNs. Movies are funded a priori, with the intent to earn - at least - more than the initial investment. VNs and their development are a different world in that respect.

If the story is compelling, linearity (or semi-linearity propelled by a limited number of choices) is not something you would find people complaining about - caveat: you'll always find people complaining about something. It strikes me that there seems to be some confusion about the differences between a game, an interactive novel (like the Telltale games, very linear, but choice-driven, compare it to a book where you skip ahead to a certain page based on your choices), and a novel (100% linear).

Anyway, as someone who is thinking about taking a certain step on the long path to game release, the way this game's team responds to questions, suggestions, and random thoughts is exemplary; open about their process and willing to explain choices. Role models. (y)

I hear ya. I think that most devs would like to have more routes, offer players more choices, but each extra scene or path, that only even gets seen by a fraction of the players, though it took just as much time as the content that served everyone... well, let's just say that alternate scenes and paths add a lot of extra overhead.

@MrKnobb has decided to make the story, and driving it forward, the main focus. Given that the story is one of the unique strengths of the game, I agree with him completely. Sure we have some sexy characters, but so do many other games. Hot renders, again, we see a lot of other games with art we consider either equal to, or better than ours. Now, I'm not saying our story is necessarily better than others, but I think our story is certainly different enough, and compelling.

There will continue to be short divergences as you choose which girl to spend a period of time with, but we never want to get into that position some games do where one update only really advances the path you aren't playing. Nor an update that felt like it was only a quarter of the length of usual (because we'd had to create different content for 4 paths). The bigger divergences will happen towards the end of the story.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I met Rogue here on RTP... Rogue had similar idea's as me and he's passionate not only about RTP but VN games.

We both think ahead and about teh past. If Jensen said or did somethign and there was a reaction by another character, we need to remember it and act upon in the future or not act upon it. That is how we process RTP.

I love your explanation of a Novel... To me RTP is a Virtual "Novel". I use Novel lightly as I am no writer but as Rogue explained RTP story will be a beast at the end. All the while we are here cause we love nudity / sex and would love more games/movies/series be realistic and show us the sex parts in human lives if we being honest.

In the past ive asked around as to why so few people play and review RTP and the consensus were, not enough choices. Unfortunately will not work with the story we have. Why I've limited the choices currently but those choices will be rewarding if you play with your heart and not your dick lol.

Apart from making renders like PHilly and writing awesome loving characters like DocPink, I believe our story as Rogue said is what will set us apart, or so I hope.

WE ARE SPOILED, in the AVN world. Just look around at the quality games/novels for us to play....You can remove most of teh Adult content and end up with some really amazing stories/games.

It's one of those challenges, where you have to balance development time against the number of people who enjoy a certain storyline enough to stay (or become) invested in it.

In logic, if not in scale, that is the same as the considerations a movie producer would make; the decision whether a certain scene is cut, shown, or added is - not 'only', but significantly - impacted by the estimation of how many more people this would bring to the cinema. Of course, those cuts are restricted by the resilience of the storyline - if it can be advanced without a specific scene, the harm to the storyline is minimal. A reasonable example of this was Lord of the Rings - hours and hours of 'extra' footage, some complete scenes.
Of course movies work differently in that the end product is delivered in a single installment, versus the episodic release of most games or VNs. Movies are funded a priori, with the intent to earn - at least - more than the initial investment. VNs and their development are a different world in that respect.

If the story is compelling, linearity (or semi-linearity propelled by a limited number of choices) is not something you would find people complaining about - caveat: you'll always find people complaining about something. It strikes me that there seems to be some confusion about the differences between a game, an interactive novel (like the Telltale games, very linear, but choice-driven, compare it to a book where you skip ahead to a certain page based on your choices), and a novel (100% linear).

Anyway, as someone who is thinking about taking a certain step on the long path to game release, the way this game's team responds to questions, suggestions, and random thoughts is exemplary; open about their process and willing to explain choices. Role models. (y)

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'll leave that to @MrKnobb to elaborate on as he wishes, but obviously there's quite a lot of models and assets used in the range of content so far, and a lot of customizations and tweaks too. To help him out a bit, was there any specific model or environment usage you wanted to know?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I'll leave that to @MrKnobb to elaborate on as he wishes, but obviously there's quite a lot of models and assets used in the range of content so far, and a lot of customizations and tweaks too. To help him out a bit, was there any specific model or environment usage you wanted to know?
You should have a look at his posting history.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
You should have a look at his posting history.
Well, I'd kind of assumed it was fan-art related, and we have thought ahead about that sort of stuff. We plan at some point to release the actual DUF files of several main characters (thus all tweaks and morphs included) for Patreons - but that is likely to be when we're a little ahead of dev schedule, rather than risk any delays to the actual game updates.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Yah i know im also fed up with waiting... :cautious:
It's actually worse for us in a way. I mean, players are waiting for the next episode. But we in the team are waiting for events many episodes in advance that we've already planned out, as well as the next episode in all its detail and glory, and to see how players and fans react to various scenes on top of all that.

There are so many things we are desperately looking forward to revealing and to sharing...

Alig8r

Nov 9, 2018
Nice work guys, really appreciate your efforts for the game. The acting lessons part amused me a hell lot, the personal trainer bit too. Loved the fourth wall breaks, so random and unexpected but fun, hope the story doesn't get all gritty and sad towards the end. I'm more of a happy ending type of a guy but it's your story to be told. Keep it up and let the updates rolling. Also Victoria is the absolute best. Harm her and we riot! :p

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
LOL Vicky is ... welll youll see she's tough.

Nice work guys, really appreciate your efforts for the game. The acting lessons part amused me a hell lot, the personal trainer bit too. Loved the fourth wall breaks, so random and unexpected but fun, hope the story doesn't get all gritty and sad towards the end. I'm more of a happy ending type of a guy but it's your story to be told. Keep it up and let the updates rolling. Also Victoria is the absolute best. Harm her and we riot! :p

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018
For those who'd like to know... From discord!

Coder is done with the codign part I asked him to help with... So tonight ill push to finish the dialogue and renders ive added and put them into the game... Ill try to finish as ive added a few more renders
so hopefully tomorrow i can get it off to proofreader he's standing by
then Editor so Rogue can do his thing. He'll take a few days i think
then Beta test and then Release for Top Tiers first..
So we getting close
ill update Friday on Patreon so we can see where we are ...

BTW I love your work @MrKnobb

Last edited:

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Thank you ... truly appreciated...

For those who'd like to know... From discord!

Coder is done with the codign part I asked him to help with... So tonight ill push to finish the dialogue and renders ive added and put them into the game... Ill try to finish as ive added a few more renders
so hopefully tomorrow i can get it off to proofreader he's standing by
then Editor so Rogue can do his thing. He'll take a few days i think
then Beta test and then Release for Top Tiers first..
So we getting close
ill update Friday on Patreon so we can see where we are ...

BTW I love your work @MrKnobb

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes