Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Was wondering is season 1 also included in this or do i need to the other download link ? i know this part has been remastered but i think played the original where the niece was still part of another game from drpinkcake, acting lesson.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Not really.

So far Series 2 has really just been dealing with the direct consequences of Series 1, and the majority of it is simply uncovering things that were already in the story, but simply not understood. The clue has always been in the title in that regard. Even going right back to the start of the whole tale, we're faced with Jensen dealing with something that is happening, that has started just before the period of the game, and trying to work out what is happening.

You're simply starting to get a better glimpse of what is really going on, and what was always beneath the surface of Series 1...
It started with a guy who dated his neighbors and now it has soldiers with super-powers, Military, Russian Mafia and Triads.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I am not a fan of the story to be honest. Way to much going on. Yakuza, Mafia, Army and other secret stuff. But these kind of stories bore me in most media - so maybe it is not the fault of the story. But I dont care for all the "action" and I dont understand it. Maybe because the time between updates is quite long and that isnt a thing when you play all in one go. But why does that ninja blow up the warehouses? What has Mei to do with that - and do we know her father? Maybe that will be answered, but that is the point. So many "storylines" and there are so many persons involved - I really had to think hard who the girl in the only (short and extremely boring) sex scene is. It really helped that she tells that again in the scene so maybe the dev knows the problem ^^

But what really puts me off is, that the game feels like a kinetic novel. Not a single decision in this update - cant remember if there were one in the last.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
It started with a guy who dated his neighbors and now it has soldiers with super-powers, Military, Russian Mafia and Triads.
You mean the opening scene of the very first release, of a super-soldier having a dream about his military days with a brief flash to some science experimentation done to him before he goes to look at his super-penis and wonders what the hell is going on with him lately (and whether it is dangerous)? :D

But yeah, we deliberately have gone for the slow reveal of things that were actually in motion long before - the slow Retrieving the Past of the title. Things may have seemed simpler ... but they really were not.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Was wondering is season 1 also included in this or do i need to the other download link ?
Series 1 is a separate download, which helps those with slower connections. You'll find the DL links inside the spoiler that says 'Series 1'.

I am not a fan of the story to be honest. Way to much going on. Yakuza, Mafia, Army and other secret stuff. But these kind of stories bore me in most media - so maybe it is not the fault of the story.
No worries, and yes, it sounds like this isn't going to be your kind of story. This is mostly an action thriller with a lot of hot women, so sort of akin to a good old fashioned Bond movie.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes