smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Well i dunno if you guys are planning to put Eve as L.I, but just in case i made a save for her and one for Vicky, good to see some ass-kicking as well, regardless of where the story is going next, the Nicky "situation" is not much of a problem to me, i like her just as a friend since season 1, for now the only one who can compete with Vicky in my books is Eve,(Please make her a L.I?,i am begging you guys), good thing that i paid a lot of attention in season one because that talk with Vicky made me remember all those times that they felt that unexplained "connection" that they share, i see that some people also share my doubts about Jensen being the true father of Amber, Ann just make me disgusted, she just keep trying to justify of her mistakes while still lying by the way.., Bitch just admit it you are an awful person and be done with it, Jensen should make another DNA test just in case.., anyways this update was awesome and it is just me or it was the biggest of season 2 so far?, and the scene of Markus and Jensen sister was not only hot but funny, his face when she made that joke was priceless :ROFLMAO:

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I'm probably in the minority here, but from Part I on I had absolutely zero interest in Nicky or Vicky. After Evaline was introduced in part 2, she immediately became my dame of interest.
So the latest plot twist leads me to wonder if we really had any meaningful choice of LI from the get go... I hate this kinda cheap revelation, makes me wonder if this is "Retrieving the past" or "Days of our lives"...

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
i know
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh god I hope they dont... Jensen already explained it in "excruciating" detail... I dont need to see renders of that rape and murder scene...Literally one of the very few times I was angry while reading a VN to the point I had to stop for a bit and cooldown, the only other recent one I remember was Wicked Choices...

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Wow, lots of good questions and points raised. Let's see what I can cover.
... I would have never expected that at the end of the update, supersoldier or not, Vicky would end up being the strongest of them all. Let's us put a ring on that woman, dammit! The update was overall fantastic, not much of Jensen, but a lot of great worldbuilding.
Thanks a ton for that, as you nailed exactly what we were going for. The three love interests we've been developing are each meant to become an equally viable and believable outcome by the end, and yes, each one has her own strengths that you'll see over time.

So they aren't connected at all, apart of having been through the same procedure.
That's right.

Jensen hasn't talked much about his parents, but he did make clear he knew them when he was admiring the muscle car he had inherited from his father and lovingly restored to full glory back at the very start of the story. Obviously, his sister and niece are both in the story also, so you know he has a family, and a pretty normal childhood until the whole Jade incident when he was just a teenager.

Eve also mentioned her family when talking with Nicky about her father, and the fact her mother and brother are almost strangers to her. She has no sister, so clearly that brother isn't Jensen, even if he hadn't already indicated having a 'normal' family.

The part that worries me and bothers me is...
They are certainly trying... but remember also that Adam himself was a further upgraded version of the procedure Jensen had been through, so just having some samples in itself is not enough to backward engineer the whole Bifrost Procedure. Don't worry, there's plenty of story to go, and plenty more information to come that will all fit into the big picture until it all becomes clear.

[...] good thing that i paid a lot of attention in season one because that talk with Vicky made me remember all those times that they felt that unexplained "connection" that they share, i see that some people also share my doubts about Jensen being the true father of Amber, Ann just make me disgusted, she just keep trying to justify of her mistakes while still lying by the way.., Bitch just admit it you are an awful person and be done with it, Jensen should make another DNA test just in case.., anyways this update was awesome and it is just me or it was the biggest of season 2 so far?, and the scene of Markus and Jensen sister was not only hot but funny, his face when she made that joke was priceless :ROFLMAO:
Top marks for having picked up the little clues we'd been dropping that there was more to the connection between Vicky and Jensen than just the obvious attraction.

In terms of update size, we pretty much try to pack as much as possible into each one, with the size limit being only what we can develop within the timeframe. All of the renders are done by just one man, MrKnobb , and on just one rig that doesn't quite have the very latest and greatest of rendering capacity possible yet (every Patreon counts and helps guys), so in real terms it was the same size as any other - six weeks of work.

However, yeah, this one had a pretty big event there, and we put a LOT into it. MrKnobb and I spend a lot of time discussing the details of scenes, refining things, getting the details right, but getting that chat with Victoria and Jensen just right was incredibly important to us both, and a lot of emotion went into that scene and it creation.

do we know how she looked like ??
Series 1 covered that story mainly through Jensen telling Vicky about it after the incident with Christian Berndt. When taking Mei to meet her sister for a picnic, Jensen also notes that Mei reminds him a lot of Jade. We did also see Jade's face a little in the cameo in the locket that Adam threw off the cliff after Jensen.

I'm probably in the minority here, but from Part I on I had absolutely zero interest in Nicky or Vicky. After Evaline was introduced in part 2, she immediately became my dame of interest.
So the latest plot twist leads me to wonder if we really had any meaningful choice of LI from the get go... I hate this kinda cheap revelation, makes me wonder if this is "Retrieving the past" or "Days of our lives"...
You're not the only one that had no personal interest in either Vicky or Nicky, as one of our supporters on the Discord server feels the same, and feels the same about Eve too.

I think "cheap revelation" is a bit mean and vindictive, but then I don't know what tier of subscription you are paying for. If none at all, you might think again about values and what (or who) is cheap ;)

On a serious level though, there have been 9 episodes so far, and we are halfway through the second series of the planned four. This Nicky issue was planned right from the beginning, as is it's resolution. It isn't random, and it certainly isn't 'cheap' given how much work has gone into it over the course of the year MrKnobb has currently spent on this story. You are free to like the story or hate it, but don't for a second dismiss the incredible effort and commitment that goes into it, both in the 9 episodes so far, and the year+ we have committed to the rest of the story.

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Thanks a ton for that, as you nailed exactly what we were going for. The three love interests we've been developing are each meant to become an equally viable and believable outcome by the end, and yes, each one has her own strengths that you'll see over time.
Sooo... Rogue my buddy this is your smooth way of telling us that Eve is confirmed as a potential L.I ? because i think it is...

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I think "cheap revelation" is a bit mean and vindictive, but then I don't know what tier of subscription you are paying for. If none at all, you might think again about values and what (or who) is cheap ;)

On a serious level though, there have been 9 episodes so far, and we are halfway through the second series of the planned four. This Nicky issue was planned right from the beginning, as is it's resolution. It isn't random, and it certainly isn't 'cheap' given how much work has gone into it over the course of the year MrKnobb has currently spent on this story. You are free to like the story or hate it, but don't for a second dismiss the incredible effort and commitment that goes into it, both in the 9 episodes so far, and the year+ we have committed to the rest of the story.
I'm sorry if my comment came off as mean, I should probably have worded it differently. My apologies.
I enjoyed your game from the beginning, and quite liked the more serious turn of events in the second part.

Last edited:

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'm sorry if my comment came off as mean, I should probably have worded it differently. My apologies.
I enjoyed your game from the beginning, and quite liked the more serious turn of events in the second part.
No worries. As for what it means for the future, and where events go from here, well, that's all yet to be revealed. Hopefully by now you've seen that we do think these things through, that we try to bring them to life in a very considered manner, and that we can still spring surprises.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
You just read my thoughts, i rather join Adam and sell Ann to the triad as a sex slave
That might be a little bit too much, just tell her daughter that Adam might be her father, when Jensen learns about it, and send the poor girl into another rollercoaster of emotions ending with her hating Ann. Having a child who hates you it's way worse than what the triads can do to you.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
No worries. As for what it means for the future, and where events go from here, well, that's all yet to be revealed. Hopefully by now you've seen that we do think these things through, that we try to bring them to life in a very considered manner, and that we can still spring surprises.
Keep up the good work! Whatever surprises you have in store, I'll be along for the rollercoaster ride.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Quick question for you guys: I generally try to give not just short answers to the essential questions, but also little insights into parts of what the process of developing a story and game is like. So, my question is, is that something you like and I should do more of, or that isn't your thing and might be best put on Patreon only for subscribers? Do you guys enjoy hearing about some of the thought processes and practicalities behind the game and story or not?

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Oh god I hope they dont... Jensen already explained it in "excruciating" detail... I dont need to see renders of that rape and murder scene...Literally one of the very few times I was angry while reading a VN to the point I had to stop for a bit and cooldown, the only other recent one I remember was Wicked Choices...
No i did not mean it that way

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Series 1 covered that story mainly through Jensen telling Vicky about it after the incident with Christian Berndt. When taking Mei to meet her sister for a picnic, Jensen also notes that Mei reminds him a lot of Jade. We did also see Jade's face a little in the cameo in the locket that Adam threw off the cliff after Jensen.
Thanks i must have missed this part, will replay the fighting scene again between jensen and adam.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes