Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
at the start of episode 2 you are presented with a choice with either vicky, nicky or none but even the none side looks like vicky and nicky still acts like they are with jensen ?? So this part is a bit confusing to me ?

Will the mc not be able to chose anyone else ?? i mean their are so many girls like eva, cyntia etc..
This choice has been discussed before. Grammatically, the choice "none" means "neither choice". Therefore, by choosing "none" you make no choice and may choose later. It does not mean you choose none of the girls mentioned. The dev has made it clear that a harem is not an option here;).

It confused me as well. Not being a native speaker I often miss subtleties or notice them much later.

Also with ending cliffhanger i take it for those interested in nicky will be abit difficult now that jensen seem to be the father. or will a new tag be added to this like ic ?
[/spoiler]
I do not know how the mechanics work, but I think the statistic chances of Jensen being the father is 25%. Maybe less. Vicky was a wild chick in those days and she may have had unprotected sex before she encountered Jensen.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
That man deserves a raise, since I saw her and her hair I've always liked her and hoped for something between her and Jensen. but with Vicky now it's to late for that. So keep the lady rubbing coming.
Don't worry, my friend, I'm pretty sure that seeing the gorgeous little Penny naked did indeed give me a rise... :D

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I have the real bad feeling that Jensen buddy the Brewster guy may be the mastermind behind these nefarious doings .... might be even accompanied by his wife Jane thus betraying her friend Vicky .. that would be heartbreaking would it not?!?

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I have the real bad feeling that Jensen buddy the Brewster guy may be the mastermind behind these nefarious doings .... might be even accompanied by his wife Jane thus betraying her friend Vicky .. that would be heartbreaking would it not?!?
That's certainly an interesting theory. I always say that when working stuff out (whether someone else's story or your own), start with motive. What would be the motive for Michael Brewster to have his own daughter kidnapped and sold off to the Triad? Also, why first kidnap her best friend (Francine Hope, who ended up in the hospital)?

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
That's certainly an interesting theory. I always say that when working stuff out (whether someone else's story or your own), start with motive. What would be the motive for Michael Brewster to have his own daughter kidnapped and sold off to the Triad? Also, why first kidnap her best friend (Francine Hope, who ended up in the hospital)?
It's all about the women Jensen has or may have been with. The guys who worked with Jensen have been left alone, they're apparently not of interest.

Another interesting thing: there was no medical examination whatsoever on Mei, and she was to be sent to the Triad without a second thought, even though she might've been pregnant from Jensen already, since they did spend some private time together. So the possible offspring of Jensen does not seem to be a consideration either. Meaning, it's about the relation they (might) have with Jensen and the emotional attachment he may have to them.

Finally, the russian guy didn't seem to care much about the loss of Jensens' body (presumed dead), even though he is after the data about the treatment. Why ignore the wealth of information which even a dead body would provide? So at least he had no interest in Jensen, nor in the women Jensen had been with. He might not even have been aware that Jensen was (one of) the first to receive the treatment, just that he somehow caused trouble and had to be dealt with.

The hunt for the women might've been Adams' idea, but he seems to be sanctioned to do so by some superior. My guess is that it all does leads back to Jade. Maybe Adam was jealous about Jade, or maybe someone higher up had some interest in Jade and blames Jensen for her death, using the obviously mutual dislike between Jensen and Adam to encourage Adam to prove that "he's better" than Jensen.

Oh, and how come all these things happen exactly when Jensen starts having these pheromone issues? Coincidence, or did something or someone actively trigger them or know when they would start to act up?

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
The hunt for the women might've been Adams' idea, but he seems to be sanctioned to do so by some superior. My guess is that it all does leads back to Jade. Maybe Adam was jealous about Jade, or maybe someone higher up had some interest in Jade and blames Jensen for her death, using the obviously mutual dislike between Jensen and Adam to encourage Adam to prove that "he's better" than Jensen.
ok I'm with you up untill this point.
I may be remembering this incorrectly as its a while since I played this and I havent played the latest update yet.
but i have a huch you missed part of the story because unless I'm thinking of another game Adam's dislike of Jensen is actualy more like extreame hatred.
the Idea of going after the Girls was Adam's Idea and it was purely to get back at Jensen.
to show him that he can't protect the girls in his life now, since he didn't protect Jade then.
your right Adam do's blame Jensen for Jade's death he holds him entirely responcible for her death,
he is totaly convinced Jensen didn't try hard enough to protect Jade.
and in a way your also right Adem did have an interest in Jade but only in the fact she was his Sister.
now that he thinks Jensen is dead he nolonger needs to hold on to the girls.
again unless I'm not remebering this right all this info came out around the time and during the fight.
when Adam atempted to kill Jensen.
it has very little to do with proving he's better than Jensen otherwise he wouldn't of had to make Jensen weak before the fight.
if it was for Adem to prove he was better than Jensen then he would of wanted Jensen to still be strong.
theres no skill in beating an opponent weaker, so no proof you are better than them.
he wanted Jensen weak in the fight because he wanted Jensen to feel powerless and humiliated before he crushed him.
thats not dislike thats hate.
I could be wronge as i said please correct me if i am.
just sayin.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
It's all about the women Jensen has or may have been with. The guys who worked with Jensen have been left alone, they're apparently not of interest.

Another interesting thing: there was no medical examination whatsoever on Mei, and she was to be sent to the Triad without a second thought, even though she might've been pregnant from Jensen already, since they did spend some private time together. So the possible offspring of Jensen does not seem to be a consideration either. Meaning, it's about the relation they (might) have with Jensen and the emotional attachment he may have to them.

Finally, the russian guy didn't seem to care much about the loss of Jensens' body (presumed dead), even though he is after the data about the treatment. Why ignore the wealth of information which even a dead body would provide? So at least he had no interest in Jensen, nor in the women Jensen had been with. He might not even have been aware that Jensen was (one of) the first to receive the treatment, just that he somehow caused trouble and had to be dealt with.

Oh, and how come all these things happen exactly when Jensen starts having these pheromone issues? Coincidence, or did something or someone actively trigger them or know when they would start to act up?
Good observations there. However, just a couple of small notes I'd make:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So this story made my life difficult, well, not my life but choices in game ... you get the point.

Chapter 1 i'm all for Vicky but Nicky started to grow on me. Then chapter 2 starts and we have a hot soldier ... just want it noted like straight women have their men in uniform fetish, this woman has a hot woman in uniform fetish. Ava wants, Ava needs and Ava will have...

Normally there is 1 stand out choice but here I have 3 I like so have to do 3 saves.

Keep trying to pick a favourite but it aint happening.

Woe is me.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
So this story made my life difficult, well, not my life but choices in game ... you get the point.
Yeah... Sorry. In a very not sorry way. :D

Thanks for that though, seriously. That is exactly what we are aiming to achieve - three equally good choices, and none of them an easy one.

Honestly, I expect that everyone will eventually find one favorite, one that just feels more 'right' for their style and playthrough, but in so far as is humanly possible, I want that to come from the player themselves, not from any lack in the other choices.

leyre

Jun 29, 2017
100000000000/100000000000

What a fucking funny game, the renders are ok, but the dialogues are so fun lol ( i'll admit i hit that guy too many times lol )

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
Jun 10, 2019
I really like this game, but it has one problem, story is all over the place .........
Don't get this as hate, but you should really focus on one thing then go to another, not to push 10 plots and twists in few episodes of short series.
I get it it's all connected, but you start smooth with slow pace and then it's rollercoaster from nowhere. In few episodes you have gang wars, possible incest trauma, 3 or 4 family dramas, supersoldiers, governments experiments, conspiracy within army,some bigger conspiracy, ninjas, rape and in all that love story, love triangle and hints of beauty and beast love story.
And iam sure i forget something :) I don't know if you trying to shock, but most of twist will have no impact if you stack them like pancakes. Almost seems like you want to finish it fast.
And breaking 4th wall in serious situation isn't exactly good idea.
Anyway as i wrote, i still really like this game, so i hope you don't take this as criticism from stupid hater, who's english is bad :)

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I really like this game, but it has one problem, story is all over the place .........
Don't get this as hate, but you should really focus on one thing then go to another, not to push 10 plots and twists in few episodes of short series.
I get it it's all connected, but you start smooth with slow pace and then it's rollercoaster from nowhere. In few episodes you have gang wars, possible incest trauma, 3 or 4 family dramas, supersoldiers, governments experiments, conspiracy within army,some bigger conspiracy, ninjas, rape and in all that love story, love triangle and hints of beauty and beast love story.
And iam sure i forget something :) I don't know if you trying to shock, but most of twist will have no impact if you stack them like pancakes. Almost seems like you want to finish it fast.
And breaking 4th wall in serious situation isn't exactly good idea.
Anyway as i wrote, i still really like this game, so i hope you don't take this as criticism from stupid hater, who's english is bad :)
No worry. We don't mind criticism at all when it gives us actual information we can make constructive use of and address. It wouldn't be quite accurate to say that we welcome it, because obviously we'd rather everyone was enjoying the whole thing, but when someone has criticisms we'd certainly far rather hear them than not. :)

The fast pace is absolutely a fair point, and one we've acknowledged. As much as possible we're working to make transitions less jarring, but our issue is sadly a real-world one that we can't easily fix. Time. At this point, MrKnobb has already been working on RTP for a year, and we are not yet halfway through the story. He works on each update pretty much solidly, because even though he has a day-job (and enjoys it), he's using remote networking to have his rig rendering while he's at work and while he's asleep. The rest of the time he's actively setting up the scenes and poses for those renders, working on the code and scenes, etc.

While a faster rig and/or a second rig for renders could speed things up a little, the setup part of that rendering gets no faster, nor does the coding, the script, and the detailed discussions we have on precisely how we want a scene to go to show what we need players to see and feel.

No matter what, at our current pace, we are looking at a minimum of another year of work to finish this story. That's a pretty big commitment, and it also doesn't allow for vacations, time off for any illnesses or injuries or special circumstances, etc. Having slower paced episodes just extends that commitment time, meaning we have to commit to even longer without a break, or increase the chances something unforeseen will come up and throw the schedule.

And honestly, I don't think most of the players actually want to wait 2-3 years to see how the story ends. ;) So, the fast pace is something of a necessity thing. We'll continue to bear the feedback in mind and do our best to make it bearable (for all parties). I think that's the fairest possible promise we can make.

I think poor Jensen might be a little hurt at the mention of "hints of beauty and beast love story", unless you are suggesting that Eve is a beast, in which case, sleep with one eye open... She's scary. :D

As for the 4th wall breaks, I think that one is largely a matter of taste. Read through just this thread and you'll find people who adore them, and people who hate them and all points in between. It's something of a hallmark of MrKnobb himself at this point, part of the 'house style' so to speak, but when it happens it is often deliberately placed to break a moment of tension, or to say something other than the obvious. Who breaks it and in what manner actually says something about the character.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
And honestly, I don't think most of the players actually want to wait 2-3 years to see how the story ends. ;) So, the fast pace is something of a necessity thing. We'll continue to bear the feedback in mind and do our best to make it bearable (for all parties). I think that's the fairest possible promise we can make.
I'm actually waiting.... this is the one game where beating a christian is a good deed... ;)

Kniges

Mar 26, 2018
it was more than a connection.... actually MrKnobb and DPC exchanged pleasantries in the past, but DPC removed all the cameos... that's why the remaster of RtP
that explains it.. ive also noticed John from "Our Faith". Maybe just a cameo? or are they all planing a colab? that would be awesome lol

Jun 10, 2019
I think poor Jensen might be a little hurt at the mention of "hints of beauty and beast love story", unless you are suggesting that Eve is a beast, in which case, sleep with one eye open... She's scary. :D
No, i had in mind Mei and Ninja guy :D Eva is perfect, i just wish she had some flaws, because it's hard to root for somebody else :D
As for the 4th wall breaks, I think that one is largely a matter of taste. Read through just this thread and you'll find people who adore them, and people who hate them and all points in between. It's something of a hallmark of MrKnobb himself at this point, part of the 'house style' so to speak, but when it happens it is often deliberately placed to break a moment of tension, or to say something other than the obvious. Who breaks it and in what manner actually says something about the character.
You get me wrong there, i love some 4th wall breaks, but there are situation where he try to play on emotions and where it just doesn't fit, at least for me, because it took me out of story and it had less impact.
And by the way i think, if this would be 5 seasons story with plots you set up, it would be magnum opus, but as i already wrote, to many things happened to fast and it's hard to keep up.
Anyway still love this work and can't wait for another episode.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
3.80 star(s) 77 Votes