RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'm not too keen on... There might as well not be any choices in the game at all if the few we can make are constantly ignored.
One thing we really don't want to do with RTP is introduce those choices that lead to an instant game over.

As I tried to explain to you previously, and the story has since highlighted, Vicky, on her own, was not an option (rather you choose to gain points on the PATH that will hopefully, lead, eventually, to an option). She was not ready for a relationship and has spent the past 19 years avoiding them and sabotaging anything she couldn't just walk away from. It took her 9 episodes, and ALL of the events within them, to get her to the point of telling Jensen why. Without her having to also think about Nicky's potential happiness with Jensen, that doesn't happen.

If you want that choice, it is easy. Imagine being cold to Nicky, Vicky not having Nicky's feelings to consider, and imagine Vicky quickly sabotaging the relationship, then hit escape and choose Quit, and you have your own game over choice. We're just doing our thing of not coding those instant game overs into it.

For the first series, Victoria does not seriously even consider a relationship with Jensen as something she even thinks she could force herself to do. You know when that changes when she finally tells him the stuff that a serious potential partner would need to know - Why even feeling attraction hasn't allowed her to be fully intimate with a man for 19 years.

Dec 29, 2018
One thing we really don't want to do with RTP is introduce those choices that lead to an instant game over.

If you want that choice, it is easy. Imagine being cold to Nicky, Vicky not having Nicky's feelings to consider, and imagine Vicky quickly sabotaging the relationship, then hit escape and choose Quit, and you have your own game over choice. We're just doing our thing of not coding those instant game overs into it.
I don't think I'm understanding what you are trying to say here. Are you suggesting that Vicky would dump Jensen if he chose not to have oral sex with her daughter? And that it would have to be an instant game over? Why would you assume that Jensen would have to be cold to Nicky and not consider Nicky's feelings? Why couldn't he simply do his best to let her down easy and explain that he doesn't feel the same way about her? If Victoria is so desperate to find a reason to sabotage her relationship with Jensen, then why isn't her daughter being in love with him enough of a reason? Why is her daughter having a sexual relationship with him not enough of a reason to sabotage the relationship?

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I don't think I'm understanding what you are trying to say here. Are you suggesting that Vicky would dump Jensen if he chose not to have oral sex with her daughter? And that it would have to be an instant game over? Why would you assume that Jensen would have to be cold to Nicky and not consider Nicky's feelings? Why couldn't he simply do his best to let her down easy and explain that he doesn't feel the same way about her? If Victoria is so desperate to find a reason to sabotage her relationship with Jensen, then why isn't her daughter being in love with him enough of a reason? Why is her daughter having a sexual relationship with him not enough of a reason to sabotage the relationship?
Oh, I'm certain you are not understanding.

What I'm saying is first and foremost that you are playing (and reading) with the wrong mindset. Vicky wouldn't even want one date with anyone who could even momentarily think "I don't feel bad about Nikki running away in tears, because I resent her for getting in between Jensen and Victoria."

You are not playing a self insert game here, where you are Alfred and it just happens that people are calling you Jensen. This is more like a novel or a movie where there is an actual character who has actual characteristics - his attitude being a key one.

Now sure, this may be off-putting to people who generally play self-insert games where you play as "a guy", which is just one of the reasons we lead off the entire description by mentioning that you play as a specific character. It may mean less people decide to play it, but that's fine. We are not after making some generic and bland story. We do our best to warn people of that up front before a single byte gets downloaded.

You play as the handsome, fit, and capable Jensen Wenchester, a former Captain in Team 5 Infiltration Unit, Army Rangers, years ago, but now the successful owner of his own business, Wenchester Security Company. - First line of the game overview and description.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
The tag say that there is anal sex, how do i get the anal scene?
Play Series 1. That's all it takes.

Pay 20 dollars or more on his patreon.
I know you are joking, but not everyone will.

No content in the game is 'gated' behind any kind of paywall, and there's no 'levels' of content based on tier of subscribers. MrKnobb does make some bonus image packs that are not a part of the game, just standalone images and wallpapers for Patrons, but the content in game is the same for all.

The top tier subscribers don't 'get' much for their money, other than the knowledge that they do the most to make this game possible and able to continue improving, in-game credit, and our eternal thanks.

Hopefully they also get the thanks and respect of everyone who benefits from the graphics card update they funded, the many additional assets their subscriptions have enabled to be used, and their support that is so vital.

That's one reason that I was disappointed the last episode leaked so early. About the only thing we (all of us, both those on the team and those who simply play the updates) can do to show our appreciation of the sponsors, without dedicating extra time to creating more stuff just for them (meaning less time spent on the content for all) is give them a short window of exclusive early access. They get each update a bit earlier, and they start having to wait for the next that same amount earlier - because it still takes six weeks to make each update. Whether you are a generous $20 patreon, or a humble freeloader, the time between releases for your tier of access are EXACTLY the same - six weeks.

We don't mind people playing for free. We welcome it. We love that people want to play, including those who can't afford the subscription but hope sometime to at least buy the dev a coffee, and those who can't even afford that, but who give their vocal support and encouragement instead. The fact is that if the latest update hasn't already leaked here at the same time our lower tiers of supporters get it, then we make sure it does. We just humbly ask that you help us not actively disincentivize supporters by having them get it later than here. Nothing more than that. Because otherwise we have to find another way to show our gratitude to supporters, and that will almost certainly mean spending time and resources on that reward, whatever it might be, that we currently put into the game.

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
Hey everyone, here is the Mega link for the new Season 2 - Episode 4 release. As usual extract with WinRar, PC version only:

N7 , please update OP post with this.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes