LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I finaly finished playing this update mainly due to work limiting my time to play.
but I gotta say this isn't a criticism as such more and observation.
but dam Jensen is a dangerous guy to know, be around or have a relation ship with if your female.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean I like the guy and love the game but as far as women are concerned the guys toxic.
just sayin.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
The latest update includes all of Series 2, while Series 1 is a separate download

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
that's not a good thing.... I will have to wait for series 2 to download....
There's an old saying "It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good". For most people keeping up with the game, not having to download the first 6 episodes (those in series 1) again every time an update to Series 2 happens is better than the usual thing of each update being the entire game to download from the very start. For those playing RTP for the very first time, it may also be advantageous to be able to download just the first series to get started on before downloading more. Like most things in life, it is situational and subjective.

Everytime the sun is shining and someone is delighted it is a beautiful day, someone else is complaining that they'll have to water their lawn.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
There's an old saying "It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good". For most people keeping up with the game, not having to download the first 6 episodes (those in series 1) again every time an update to Series 2 happens is better than the usual thing of each update being the entire game to download from the very start. For those playing RTP for the very first time, it may also be advantageous to be able to download just the first series to get started on before downloading more. Like most things in life, it is situational and subjective.

Everytime the sun is shining and someone is delighted it is a beautiful day, someone else is complaining that they'll have to water their lawn.
That's not the problem... I'm running outn of space so I tend to delete games once I finised an update. so I would simpy have to wait few seconds before playing series 2. usually it's not a problem but MrKnob knows how to hook the reader. I've been playing series one till the very first confrontation with Adam.
so it would be only a matter of time efficency for me

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
That's not the problem... I'm running outn of space so I tend to delete games once I finised an update. so I would simpy have to wait few seconds before playing series 2. usually it's not a problem but MrKnob knows how to hook the reader. I've been playing series one till the very first confrontation with Adam.
so it would be only a matter of time efficency for me
When you are trying to save space, not having to retain 9 episodes, but just the 3 of the current series, is an advantage :)

Reactions: Canto Forte

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Is this a VN? Cause I'm a decent ways into this game and I have yet to be presented with a significant choice to make.

Edit: Also is that female therapist the same one from acting lessons?

Last edited:
Reactions: Canto Forte

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Is this a VN? Cause I'm a decent ways into this game and I have yet to be presented with a significant choice to make.
In the opening post, under the heading of 'Gameplay' is a spoiler about the gameplay that describes it as "a linear points based game".

This isn't a game that is going to ask you whether or not you want to peep everytime someone gets changed, or whether you want to go molest people in their sleep or not. There's also none of those choices that lead to an instant game-over. It just isn't that kind of game, so it automatically has about 80% less choices than games of those types. Your choices this far are about which of the women you want to get to know better, and apart from meaning you get a scene with the woman of your choice (and may miss out on a scene with another women thereby), the main payoff for those choices comes later in the game.

By the end of Series 1 (of the 4 series total we expect it to take) you'll have enough of an idea of the complexity of the plot (and characters) to see why it was essential to save the main branching for the end. You'll also likely see that this is a 'character led' story. Each character has their own personality and characteristics that is an essential part of how they got to where they are when you meet them in the game. Since I already mentioned that we don't put in those annoying choices that lead to instant game-over, we don't put in dialogue choices like trying a 'domination route' with Victoria.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
In the opening post, under the heading of 'Gameplay' is a spoiler about the gameplay that describes it as "a linear points based game".

This isn't a game that is going to ask you whether or not you want to peep everytime someone gets changed, or whether you want to go molest people in their sleep or not. There's also none of those choices that lead to an instant game-over. It just isn't that kind of game, so it automatically has about 80% less choices than games of those types. Your choices this far are about which of the women you want to get to know better, and apart from meaning you get a scene with the woman of your choice (and may miss out on a scene with another women thereby), the main payoff for those choices comes later in the game.

By the end of Series 1 (of the 4 series total we expect it to take) you'll have enough of an idea of the complexity of the plot (and characters) to see why it was essential to save the main branching for the end. You'll also likely see that this is a 'character led' story. Each character has their own personality and characteristics that is an essential part of how they got to where they are when you meet them in the game. Since I already mentioned that we don't put in those annoying choices that lead to instant game-over, we don't put in dialogue choices like trying a 'domination route' with Victoria.

Thanks for the informative answer! I found the acting lessons references and Our fate MC cameo hilarious and well done.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'm not reading/searching the entire thread.
What was this all about? Can somebody please give me the links to the posts if this was discussed here?
I'm clearly late.
Late indeed, as Rena was removed from the game prior to your date of registering at this forum. Where did you even get that old image?

Searching a thread for specific info, no matter how many pages of discussion isn't hard. Just go to the search box in the top right, put in 'Rena' or whatever you want to find info about, and if you are searching from a discussion thread post, it has already pre-selected the option to search only in this discussion. That's what anyone answering you has to do, but they also then need to copy a link and post it.

https://f95zone.to/threads/retrieving-the-past-s02e03-v2-3-0-mrknobb.13009/page-65#post-1838478

Reactions: Mytez
Jan 12, 2019
Late indeed, as Rena was removed from the game prior to your date of registering at this forum. Where did you even get that old image?

Searching a thread for specific info, no matter how many pages of discussion isn't hard. Just go to the search box in the top right, put in 'Rena' or whatever you want to find info about, and if you are searching from a discussion thread post, it has already pre-selected the option to search only in this discussion. That's what anyone answering you has to do, but they also then need to copy a link and post it.

https://f95zone.to/threads/retrieving-the-past-s02e03-v2-3-0-mrknobb.13009/page-65#post-1838478
Thanks.
I know how to search the thread, I just didn't know when exactly this happened.
Searching for stuff on this site is pretty bad. The limited number of posts per page and the stupid banners under everybody's posts make it a nighmare, even if I can get some filtered list. A good old ctrl+F and everything on one page would be much better.

Dec 29, 2018
I'm not too keen on how the writers are focusing on big shocking twists and reveals instead of slow and steady character progression. It gives the game too much of a soap opera feel to it, and the extremely limited choices we have make many scenes feel unnatural.

Choices make players more connected to their character, which makes them more invested in the story. Severely limiting player choice may allow writers to tell a story exactly how they want it to unfold, but it often alienates players when their character does things that they don't want them to do. It's very frustrating to be allowed to make a choice in a game, only to have the game force your character to go against what you chose later on. There might as well not be any choices in the game at all if the few we can make are constantly ignored.

Reactions: qwerty76423578

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Fair enough, each has his own version of how they'd like RTP or many other VN games should go.

I'm not too keen on how the writers are focusing on big shocking twists and reveals instead of slow and steady character progression. It gives the game too much of a soap opera feel to it, and the extremely limited choices we have make many scenes feel unnatural.

Choices make players more connected to their character, which makes them more invested in the story. Severely limiting player choice may allow writers to tell a story exactly how they want it to unfold, but it often alienates players when their character does things that they don't want them to do. It's very frustrating to be allowed to make a choice in a game, only to have the game force your character to go against what you chose later on. There might as well not be any choices in the game at all if the few we can make are constantly ignored.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes