Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
How's the writing going, Conviction? I remember you posting about writing during your midterms or finals or something like that. Do you think you'll be able to finish the next episode within the month?
I finished the script about a week ago, but seeing how big the EoL episodes are getting, I've decided to go back and make it even longer. But that won't affect the rendering process which has already started.

Reactions: flanby and SteveyP

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
I finished the script about a week ago, but seeing how big the EoL episodes are getting, I've decided to go back and make it even longer. But that won't affect the rendering process which has already started.
That's good to hear! SwM is my favorite of the 3 games Inceton are developing so I'm looking forward to ep.5.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Can anyone share a compressed version through Mega real quick so I can download it? Mega is the only way I can get these games to download. Thanks.

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
You'll get to choose.
YAY we get to choose! I personally like the GF and while I labeled Mia as a "step-sis" (as I have no love of going full Sweet Home Alabama), it still felt weird even tho I like her. I plan to stay loyal to the GF, she's cool. How come there's no option to reject Mia when she confesses her love, btw?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
YAY we get to choose! I personally like the GF and while I labeled Mia as a "step-sis" (as I have no love of going full Sweet Home Alabama), it still felt weird even tho I like her. I plan to stay loyal to the GF, she's cool. How come there's no option to reject Mia when she confesses her love, btw?
why mc would reject object of game?

Deleted member 4041066

Aug 10, 2021
Yeah, if MC would've rejected Mia just right away, then there wouldn't had been any story to tell about the siblings anymore and they could've just rolled the end credits. Game still is, after all, called Summer with Mia.

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
why mc would reject object of game?
It's called "Summer with Mia" not "sex with mia" or "life with Mia" or "sweet home alabama". And the MC is seeking therapy to break free. This could be the summer to break free of his desires. Honestly, I feel the most loving thing Mia and the MC can do for each other is to remain a family relationship and decide against a romantic one. Just my thoughts

Deleted member 4041066

Aug 10, 2021
It's called "Summer with Mia" not "sex with mia" or "life with Mia" or "sweet home alabama".
Well, if you consider that the og game was actually called "Living with Mia" which is pretty close to "Life with Mia", and then the first season of "Summer with Mia" was mostly just "Sex with Mia", and the set up is meant to be "Sweet Home Alabama", I mean...

And the MC is seeking therapy to break free. This could be the summer to break free of his desires.
And that therapist is already turning more into the rapist who is just trying to lure the mc to do all kinds of forbidden things and not so much to break free of his desires.

Honestly, I feel the most loving thing Mia and the MC can do for each other is to remain a family relationship and decide against a romantic one. Just my thoughts
"Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man." Honestly, I feel that the most loving thing Mia and the MC can do for each other is to drop the bullshit and just go full on the romantic way. But that's just my (and few other members) thoughts. And that's why it's good that there will be choices, so others can go the more vanilla taste if they like. Nothing will ever beat the forbidden route, however.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
Well, if you consider that the og game was actually called "Living with Mia" which is pretty close to "Life with Mia", and then the first season of "Summer with Mia" was mostly just "Sex with Mia", and the set up is meant to be "Sweet Home Alabama", I mean...

And that therapist is already turning more into the rapist who is just trying to lure the mc to do all kinds of forbidden things and not so much to break free of his desires.

"Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man." Honestly, I feel that the most loving thing Mia and the MC can do for each other is to drop the bullshit and just go full on the romantic way. But that's just my (and few other members) thoughts. And that's why it's good that there will be choices, so others can go the more vanilla taste if they like. Nothing will ever beat the forbidden route, however.
Well that's just your opinion. Also, since you can detail what sort of "relationship" you have with Mia, you can even say step-sis to make it less weird (and less likely to produce offspring with King Joffery-like brains). So choice is here and, personally, I'm gonna have the MC be a better man, like he wants to be. Last time, he messed up BIG time. This time he has a chance to actually grow. And that gf of his isn't exactly a yandere, but a loving woman. I'd feel like shit hurting someone that nice. Plus Mia deserves someone better, one who hasnt hurt her for starters.

Deleted member 4041066

Aug 10, 2021
Well that's just your opinion. Also, since you can detail what sort of "relationship" you have with Mia, you can even say step-sis to make it less weird (and less likely to produce offspring with King Joffery-like brains). So choice is here and, personally, I'm gonna have the MC be a better man, like he wants to be. Last time, he messed up BIG time. This time he has a chance to actually grow. And that gf of his isn't exactly a yandere, but a loving woman. I'd feel like shit hurting someone that nice. Plus Mia deserves someone better, one who hasnt hurt her for starters.
Yeah, you can name them santa claus if you want but it won’t remove the fact that it’s supposed to be sweet home alabama setup. And can the main character even really be a better man though? He already cheated his current girlfriend with his sister in the last episode. So main character has basically already hurt the girlfriend with that action. And he told Mia you love her, so dumping her after that for another woman will hurt her again. So the main character really hasn’t grown at all. He still is the same prick as always.

Reactions: Bnshy

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
Yeah, you can name them santa claus if you want but it won’t remove the fact that it’s supposed to be sweet home alabama setup. And can the main character even really be a better man though? He already cheated his current girlfriend with his sister in the last episode. So main character has basically already hurt the girlfriend with that action. And he told Mia you love her, so dumping her after that for another woman will hurt her again. So the main character really hasn’t grown at all. He still is the same prick as always.
Honestly...yes he can be better. Hear me out: Havent you ever done something shitty? hurt someone who did not deserve to be hurt? Did something you would BEG to just undo? If you regret it...do u wanna do that crap again? no, right? That shows a conscience. And if you focus on that, you can grow, be better than u used to be. Look at Ghandi's past for example. We all mess up at least once. Remorse is a product of having a sense of right and wrong, an inner desire to be better. be good.

as for why the MC doesn't say no to Mia in ep 4....I did not write the "choice-based" game. I'd have given him the option to say no and leave her crying, telling himself it is for the best....but to keep the game going, have her force a kiss on him and tell herself she isnt gonna give up. But that's just me.

Yes, one ending will have Mia be hurt for sure...but some hurts are needed. Gotta say, if my own sister (even if she was a step sister), told me she loved me....I'd say no instantly, let her down easy, encourage therapy. Explain that the most loving thing I can say and do for her is to tell her to find someone else. At the end of the day the only way two siblings related by blood could be together is to....like...live alone in a Mississippi swamp cut off from the outside world. If the MC TRULY loves Mia...he's gotta let her go and get her to do the same. Just my thoughts on the story.

Reactions: Bnshy

Deleted member 4041066

Aug 10, 2021
Honestly...yes he can be better. Hear me out: Havent you ever done something shitty? hurt someone who did not deserve to be hurt? Did something you would BEG to just undo? If you regret it...do u wanna do that crap again? no, right? That shows a conscience. And if you focus on that, you can grow, be better than u used to be. Look at Ghandi's past for example. We all mess up at least once. Remorse is a product of having a sense of right and wrong, an inner desire to be better. be good.
So he didn’t learn from his mistakes he did already in the first game, even after he paid a huge price for that. That should’ve been well enough, yet he still made the same mistakes yet again and again in this one too. This mf ain’t no Gandhi for sure.
At the end of the day the only way two siblings related by blood could be together is to....like...live alone in a Mississippi swamp cut off from the outside world.
Not necessairly, as this is just pure fantasy game where you even try to put your D in your auntie. This is all Alabama, where the morals of the real world society don’t matter.

3.80 star(s) 75 Votes