DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Trying to please everyone is indeed a fool's errand and I strongly suggest you don't try and do that.

My recommendation after playing is that you let fans know clearly exactly what type of content you are going to have in the future and if it is avoidable/skippable. This helps a great deal for people who get invested in a story, but don't want unavoidable *Whatever*. Let them know so they can decide to stay/move on, if they do move on, they were never your target demographic anyway. Also, it's perfectly fine to make mistakes, it's part of the learning and development process (don't I know it). It's also ok to admit it when you made a mistake, though this will inexorably lead to being asked to 'fix' it.

The golden rule of game development;
Haters are always going to hate, and bitchers are always going to bitch.
If you stick to your plans, are clear and direct with supporters, and admit/learn from mistakes, you will find that most reasonable players will be accepting and understanding (which are the only type your ever going to satisfy).

Personally, I can say that I only ever get pissed off at developers under two very specific conditions.

1)The game moves away from the original promises made by the Dev's after I have contributed/invested time/money.

This is an easy mistake to make and typically done in some kind of attempt to 'bring in more fans' or appeal to a greater audience or something similar. I've studied this phenomenon to a fairly deep level (not for adult games, but that specification seems to sharpen the results, not soften them). It is almost universally true that attempting to broaden appeal comes at the cost of sacrificing something that your core stakeholders value. Sometimes the 'small loss' has a 'greater gain' but in many cases, this results in a net loss of supporters. This is doubly true if such moves are made to appeal to a much smaller or niche group. This is why I always recommend that Devs have a plan/outline for their games and stick to it.

2) If a Dev lies to the player base.

Either by purposely misrepresenting content or by presenting content in a way that 'technically' qualifies it as one type, when broad interpretation will be another. If you have to qualify a statement with the word "Technically", then you should probably rethink the real-world implications and effects of that statement. I think some people on f95 call this 'camouflaging' or 'tag avoiding'.

In any case, I hope the feedback is helpful. While I am going to skip the first game (it doesn't seem to be on the same standard as this one), I look forward to seeing where you go with this one. So far the story has been well written.

Best of Luck!
Another tip that you can add to that is the well known meme of the early girl to be sexed that will not play an important part in the story. People would have minded it way less if the victim of those scenes was not that aunt, that felt as was being set up as a main girl but some prostitute MC picked up or someone he chatted with on internet. With a side girl it would ruin nobodies more romantic route with her.

Thing is other dick scenes are not beloved by certain players (One might say that is actually the disagreement in 90% of the cases when people call NTR :p), but heavy domination scenes (Male or female might make a difference which group dislikes or likes it), group sex scenes especially with more men, rape, cucking and of course the NTR genre are way more contentious and will always have a negative influence on how characters are perceived especially if those characters are invested into it by many and only really loved by the fans of those fetishes. So why do that to main girls that are meant to be romanced and MC is meant to end up in a long relation, unless that fetish is the focus of the game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayonesa

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I agree. People genuinely don't understand what NTR is or what it means which is why I am working on an i depth video on it for YouTube. Once finished I will be using it as a reference for people to save time.

So... According to
Definition
Although the term netorare can be quickly translated as "cuckolding," its definition is much more broad than that. That's because, in English, "cuckolding" only refers to a man's wife cheating on him with another guy. The cheated man labelled "cuckold."

In Japanese, netorare refers the act of someone "being taken (...to someone else's bed)." The genre can include a man's wife cheating on him, a woman's husband cheating on her. It can be their girlfriend, boyfriend. They don't even need to be actually dating: it could be somebody's childhood friend whom they never mustered the courage to ask out.

In fact, since the gist of it is just: character A has some feelings for character B, then character C comes and takes them away, it could be A's hot teacher that was taken away by someone. It could be their mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, etc. It's just a matter of framing the idea of them "being taken" by someone else.

For reference: watch Darling in the FranXX. (ugh... I can't believe I said those words in that order.)

therefore you don't actually need to be in a relationship with the person involved. I don't want to hold a debate about this However.

We agree, the NTR freak out has basically ruined this thread. I'm waiting for the inevitable cleanup to happen. This is actually the first time I witnessed a full NTR freakout beginning to end. It really changed my perspective a lot and not in favor of those who hate NTR.

I disagree, I'd say Mia got NTRed hard in that game. There was in my opinion NTR, just not NTR of the MC.
Well to really make it NTR, there also has to be an aspect of corrupting/ruining the target of the NTR for the role she was supposed to play in the life of the MC/(NPC in Netori). That is why what happened to Mia was not NTR, but it might have been cheating or cucking from her pov. Pretty clear that the case of the aunt is not NTR, still that does not make it more palatable for some while it is hot for others.

That is both an unwinnable and unending debate, since it is about tastes. :p

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
Well to really make it NTR, there also has to be an aspect of corrupting/ruining the target of the NTR for the role she was supposed to play in the life of the MC/(NPC in Netori). That is why what happened to Mia was not NTR, but it might have been cheating or cucking from her pov. Pretty clear that the case of the aunt is not NTR, still that does not make it more palatable for some while it is hot for others.

That is an unwinnable debate, since it is about tastes. :p
Like I said bud, I'm not debating. I made an thread if you wanna continue discussing it, if you really want to have this conversation but we should really move it off this thread. I even deleted my own post.

https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-with-mia-1-2-ntr-discussion.73826/

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Because the mods aren't here to save the thread yet, but fear not. They will arrive and set everything straight.
I feel a little bad for helping to fuel this "debate" but it reassures me that I always gave my opinion with respect, I answered others with respect and, I think, with logical arguments. In addition to always putting forward that what matters is always the healthy feedback.

An apology for this and let's focus on the game.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Like I said bud, I'm not debating. We could make another NTR thread in general if you really want to have this conversation but we should really move it off this thread. I'll even delete. My own posts i think. I just wanted to reply to the guy, not further derail this thread.
Neither was I, just that corruption aspect is somehow left out of all NTR definitions, while it is the aspect why netori, netorare and netorase are all NTR. It is at the core of the genre and without it there is no NTR.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
My recommendation after playing is that you let fans know clearly exactly what type of content you are going to have in the future and if it is avoidable/skippable.
Are you serious right now?

screenshot0001.png

This choice right here is pretty clear cut; do you want to see young Grace get fucked 6 ways from Sunday, or not.

I honestly don't see how they can make the choice any clearer becuse anyone who clicks on the 2nd option and then again later on has no right to complain about what they see because they chose to see it.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
Hey everyone can we do the system some justice here and move all the NTR related talks to this thread please.

https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-with-mia-1-2-ntr-discussion.73826/

I promise as long as I get dings I'll help redirect everyone on this thread over there as the conversation comes up. It's just this has gotten way out of hand and off topic. The thread itself is supposed to be discussing the game itself.

The beauty is you can use the quote feature so you can still reply directly to comments made here they will just be in the other thread where the discussion won't become too far off topic or intrusive.

Reactions: linkinn

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017

View attachment 1027108

This choice right here is pretty clear cut; do you want to see young Grace get fucked 6 ways from Sunday, or not.

I honestly don't see how they can make the choice any clearer becuse anyone who clicks on the 2nd option and then again later on has no right to complain about what they see because they chose to see it.
Sorry, I should have specified 'with regard to future content' or 'as a general rule'. So far the Devs for this game have done a fantastic job of giving players fair warning. My comment was not a reproach of their implementation so far, but more a general caveat towards future 'tags' they have planned.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
There's also a problem with the amount of young uneducated kids on this site that don't actually know what NTR or cheating actually consists of. Either it's because they have no real life dating experience or they are so invested into the "wish fulfillment" aspect of playing a game being able to do whatever you want that they don't really care about the story and just want to bang whatever hot girl they take a fancy to.
You're clearly trying ad hominem there. The reasons why an specific audience like or dislike something are irrelevant, what really matters is if they actually like it or not.

There's also a BIG issue with double standards on this site, the guy or mc can do whatever the hell he pleases but when a female character does it they lose their shit.
I'm not saying that Grace case is ntr, but your argument aren't totally true, it's just something ntr lovers convince themselves. This argument gets annoying.

I'll repeat myself
Yeah, ntr fans always come with that excuse, "the girl should fuck everybody because the MC fucks everybody". Well, not my MC, not if I have a choice!

Last edited:

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
If I've learnt anything from reading all this talk of NTR, it's that I really need to write more interesting shit worth discussing. :sneaky:
I start writing episode 3 today, so let's see if I can pull it off.
No one is saying that you're writing is not interesting It's just that someone mention NTR (I don't know who:censored:) and everyone decided to jump the train to talk about it.
I really love how the story is going so far, my only complaint is as I wish we get more content besides Graces pass, just like I said before I don't mind her past but still I wish we could have some content with her that isn't from Her Pass, Besides that I really love the story and the characters so far, I already know that this game is going to be one of my favorites and I wish you and the rest of the developer team good luck with the game.

magneticbird

Oct 16, 2019
Can someone categorically say that if you are playing on a mac, with the latest mod, that the extra features will actually work? I can't hit the red button, nor turn with the arrow...

thenono

Oct 16, 2017

View attachment 1027108

100% along my way of thinking........ plenty enough warnings to protect anyone from seeing something they simply don't want to see. If you decide to click on "I wanna know everything" then thats completely on you.

In your own play through you never have to see it, you never have to experience it, its 100% avoidable so why does it matter if its in the game or not? Feels like the response is "but i know its there".......

Conviction07 good luck with Episode 3, carry on writing the story you wanna do, making the content you want to make.... Like you said if you'd have not put some sexual content in then there'd be complaints about nothing happening, hell there were some before all this mess started.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Conviction07 good luck with Episode 3, carry on writing the story you wanna do, making the content you want to make.... Like you said if you'd have not put content like this in then there'd be complaints about nothing happening, hell there were some before all this mess started.
To be fair, if you don't like that content then there currently IS nothing happening but exposition. I think this whole situation could have easily been avoided if the Grace stuff was watered down with some content for the MC.

Reactions: DA22

player6969666

Jan 30, 2020
Still no comments about none of the bonus material working? Anybody figured it out? Is it working for anyone here? I have tried with and without the mod and the same problem. The game does not give you the opportunity to input the code. It comes already activated. Thank you if anyone can help.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Still no comments about none of the bonus material working? Anybody figured it out? Is it working for anyone here? I have tried with and without the mod and the same problem. The game does not give you the opportunity to input the code. It comes already activated. Thank you if anyone can help.
Updated mod has a bat file with it.
https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-with-mia-2-ep-2-inceton.66199/post-5074349
Working for me after I read through the tutorial.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
my problem with Grace is not that she has a sexual past, which of course she has to have. The problem is that there is also protitution in that past. And don't tell me that this also happens with all women. I don't want a virgin milf. What I don't want is a prostitute milf. And chapter two and she's already trying to convince Mia to get naked to attract clients. The worst, that the mc that theoretically was going to play in a romantic plan also encourages her to do so. How long will it take Mia to start sucking random guys' cocks for the business to prosper?
And attention, I'm not saying at all that there is ntr here. That is not what I am talking about at all.

Last edited:

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
You do know that happened in SWM1 right? Oh the irony..... :LOL:
Oh irony, do you know that this new story was said to be more based on a romantic relationship between mc and Mia?
Do not compare then with the previous story

3.80 star(s) 75 Votes