Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Why are you guys complaining about 8 Gigs ?! What is the problem ?
Even I need some time to download it. Jesus Christ !!!
They don't like it, either to space (lack of on their harddrives), slow times when using a vpn or data use limits. This dev has bent over backwards for complainers first with Lisa's hair cut, then the smoking and now changing a woman's whole backstory so they probably they figure if they complain enough the dev will change that for them.

Something that bothers me about the Sandra change, not that I care really about the change in the vn but more so about the sickening attitude that if a woman's been raped before that she doesn't deserve love and care. It's never the woman's fault, it doesn't make them bad people. Some of the posts make me wonder if it's only in the vn they have this issue of ignorance.

Anyway still loving this vn and thanks for working hard trying to make everyone happy. Keep up the great work.

Edited: to include slow downloads with vpns and Lisa's haircut.

Last edited:

FemdomN7

Sep 15, 2020
They don't like it, either to space (lack of on their harddrives) or data use. This dev has bent over backwards for complainers first with the smoking and now changing a woman's whole backstory so they probably they figure if they complain enough the dev will change that for them.

Something that bothers me about the Sandra change, not that I care really about the change in the vn but more so about the sickening attitude that if a woman's been raped before that she doesn't deserve love and care. It's never the woman's fault, it doesn't make them bad people. Some of the posts make me wonder if it's only in the vn they have this issue of ignorance.

Anyway still loving this vn and thanks for working hard trying to make everyone happy. Keep up the great work.
I think that the real problem is that most of us use mega free and the limit (1.4GB) is a pain in the ass. When i use vpn i get capped at like 300kb/s max so even with a good internet a can take hours to download 8GB.

Reactions: RenegadeShep

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Getting defensive and angry isn't an appropriate response to what has been very gentle criticism. I'll do us both a favor and unwatch the thread and uninstall the game. Take care.
You may not see this, but what you were saying as criticisim was a veiled attack at me. HOWEVER you are the one over reacting as I pointed out that I had asked you where there were problems about you did not even wish to point them out. how is that defensive? I was irritated at your assumption that I was not a native english speaker, and because you decided that myself and others don't ever use the term private life unless we are public figures that is even worse. I have a life that is separate from many things and that is my private life which is with family and friends and then there is the public life which is with extended, not as close friends as well as those I work with so that shows that people can have this private life you speak of without being a public figure.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
So, you were taught that "j'aime le football" is different order than English "I love the football"? In Latin you have the free order, but Classical Latin prefers verb at the end (both Historia magista vitae est, and Historia est magistra vitae is correct, but former is fancy Latin)...
As I said I last worked in french back in 1986, and haven't truly used it since so I easily could have been confusing it with latin which I was also forced to study and just didn't like studying foreign languages. So I again say it could be a confusion because of that.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I will say this, I personally appreciate the kind words that many have put out since the update dropped. I will also say the 8GB file size is being worked on. there are people who want the larger .png files and they get just as mad as you do at the huge size when they see the .webp because the image quality is less. Please understand that everyone has things they don't like and Karabinek really does work at trying to balance this. I will say this, many of you didn't like Lisa's haircut early on (and I will be honest I wasn't a big fan of it myself but I accepted it). You were accommodated by a choice being introduced, and this makes things a bit more complicated because now he makes two versions of Lisa and that will increase the file size even using .webp files.

I will tell you that Karabinek was amazed at the size of the build last night! so do not think that you are not heard. Please give us time, converting to the .webp is not a fast process and there will be issues (as noted by one with one of the animations looking for the .jpgs instead of .webp :). I am one guy that said i'd step up and help with the translation clean up, and my life got hectic in the last several months so I haven't been at my best but I am going to do my best which includes going back through the game to try and catch issues I might have missed. If you see something you feel is incorrect in the english language let me know and I'll go take a look at it. same with any coding issues you find, please let us know, tag myself or Karabinek in your message so we can see it when we come by. I also don't mind polite messages in my inbox and if you'd like to send something directly to me and it's a coding issue i will send it to Karabinek so we can get it addressed. I sometimes do not come to the forums for a while so I may not reply for several days (as you can see with the replies I sent today) but I will consider messages sent without ire and venom and see what we can do. Thank you once again for the support either on Patreon or just moral support here.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Did a walkthrough for this one! Enjoy! Looks like it's going to be a fun one, with harem options!

Edit: Updated to v0.3
Err something isn't working. On day 8 according to your wiki there is supposed to be a sex scene with Keira if you "blackmail" her. I guess that is meant to be the bribe from day 5? Anyways, if you chose that option on day 5 you don't get any sex scene on day 8.

Reactions: YuNobi

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Please give us time, converting to the .webp is not a fast process and there will be issues (as noted by one with one of the animations looking for the .jpgs instead of .webp :).
Will you be using lossless webp compression or reducing image quality with lossy? I love the image quality in this game. I understand you feel you need to reduce the size (and maybe you do, depending on how long the final game might be.) If you're going with lossy I'm definitely hanging on to a copy of the current edition to still have access to the full quality images so far.

Either way I'm looking forward to more of this game. Hoping for more Clara content next time :). And the new girl, Jessica.

I must have forgotten there was a choice to have Lisa keep her old hair. I've come to really like her new look. Totally adorable.

Morghast

Jan 23, 2020
Err something isn't working. On day 8 according to your wiki there is supposed to be a sex scene with Keira if you "blackmail" her. I guess that is meant to be the bribe from day 5? Anyways, if you chose that option on day 5 you don't get any sex scene on day 8.
Same thing here... seems like the whole meeting with keira scene is skipped but if you go in your gallery folder you can see her in red lingerie... when you press the scene to be replayed it skips again to your apartment

Btw i downloaded from nopy.. maybe there is a file missing... i dont really know.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I got the Keira sex scene.

Someone posted in the last couple of pages or so that they saw something in the code which might not correctly set the blackmail variable. I know mine is correctly set but I was playing with a mod on the last version (not yet updated for the new version) which maybe fixed the bug?

Morghast

Jan 23, 2020

Someone posted in the last couple of pages or so that they saw something in the code which might not correctly set the blackmail variable. I know mine is correctly set but I was playing with a mod on the last version (not yet updated for the new version) which maybe fixed the bug?
where did you download from ?
cause first and last link r 8.87gb where mega and nopy r only 8.26... maybe this is where the problem locates ?

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018

Hm, since I have no idea how to even find the file with that code inside I guess I'll have to wait for a bugfix or a mod or something. :(

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I saw that message and forwarded it to Karabinek so he can look into it.

Will you be using lossless webp compression or reducing image quality with lossy? I love the image quality in this game. I understand you feel you need to reduce the size (and maybe you do, depending on how long the final game might be.) If you're going with lossy I'm definitely hanging on to a copy of the current edition to still have access to the full quality images so far.

Either way I'm looking forward to more of this game. Hoping for more Clara content next time :). And the new girl, Jessica.

I must have forgotten there was a choice to have Lisa keep her old hair. I've come to really like her new look. Totally adorable.
I do not know what Karabinek is going to use, we all want the quality to not suffer and thus why it is currently at 8GB. I will talk with Kara about it and see what we can do. We do not want the quality to suffer too much but we also acknowledge the large size is a problem for others so we wish to find something to please everyone the best possible way.

Reactions: quorkboy

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
where did you download from ?
cause first and last link r 8.87gb where mega and nopy r only 8.26... maybe this is where the problem locates ?
I just checked. They're all the same size according to my downloader - 8.26GB (actually it shows 8.3 but close enough.) I started each and checked the file size it reported was being downloaded before cancelling. Two sites state the size (in the text description) as 8.87 but the file is not 8.87 on either.

Wouldn't matter anyway, as it was a one line code bug in a text file. Wouldn't even change the size by 1kB. And it's highly unlikely different files were uploaded to different servers since they all originate from the same source.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
8 GB.. Damn.. This game better be 50 hours in length then otherwise what the hell is in it?
I was curious about the size as well, but after downloading and playing the original 8GB I inform it has very high quality pictures and format which demands space, some flowing animations during sex scenes that also demands space.
Furthermore there is an early choice for one of the girls to cut her hair short or not, this demanded 2 sets of all pictures that has that girl in them and since she is a key character there is a lot! Had that hair cut choice not been put in they could probably shave off a gig or two.. that's how many pictures she's in I think...

It's has a large content of play time already with different routes, all of this demands space but the biggest reason is the quality format for the pictures, something all developers must weight when making a game, size vs. quality.
There is no sound in it, so the whole file size is pure picture quality.

It's impossible to please everyone, some players want the best possible picture resolution, a wide variety of choices and outcomes, others could do with less. I guess it's a learning experience for any dev to compromise something over the other?

Other games on this site started out the same way with large file sizes due to picture quality format and later changed them, decreasing the game size considerably without compromising the quality too much, maybe this game will too?
It would take work and slow down story progression for a while, we've seen that with the other games going through such "make-over" before, but once the perfect format was found, high quality with smaller file size, production came back up on track like usual.

I guess we can only wait and see what happens :)

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
Same thing here... seems like the whole meeting with keira scene is skipped but if you go in your gallery folder you can see her in red lingerie... when you press the scene to be replayed it skips again to your apartment

Btw i downloaded from nopy.. maybe there is a file missing... i dont really know.
I saw that message and forwarded it to Karabinek so he can look into it.
Yeah,I hit the same problem & so I did a code tracing. i think the problem is here:
Code:
line 453: $ keira_blackmail = True
line 454: $ keira_blackmail = persistent.keira_blackmail
(line 454 overwrote line 453 because persistent.keira_blackmail is null at this point)
in day_05.rpy

then it's set again in day_08.rpy
line 1434: $ keira_blackmail = persistent.keira_blackmail

and again in script.rpy
line 603: $ persistent.keira_blackmail = keira_blackmail

I think the fix is to change day_05.rpy line line 454: $ keira_blackmail = persistent.keira_blackmail
to
$ persistent.keira_blackmail = keira_blackmail
So those that know how to open console, as a workaround enter the following two lines after you've met keira:
$ keira_blackmail = True
$ persistent.keira_blackmail = keira_blackmail

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: aragh and F1_V10
3.40 star(s) 125 Votes