0Jg6@^$WYe

Apr 8, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the in-depth response.

Your goals remind me a bit of Transylvania. It's text- driven, classic feel, horror elements, traits as gates, etc. You don't seem to lack for inspirations though.

I'd say, if you don't want to do images, don't. And if you like colors, stick with them. The important thing is to finish, and I find -- as a professional writer -- that these observer-driven decisions tend to sap energy from first drafts. First draft is for you.

Sometimes working in a group is a question of scale, not style. Although the editor/producer role can be very liberating! Think of it as being a teacher and assigning homework, not as letting someone into your head.

Reactions: Violet Kitten

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really mind a colorful aesthetic per say, and I do appreciate the unique look, but I think some of the colors chosen are much too bright, or too saturated in some cases. The way they contrast against the background makes it painful on the eyes. I'd actually say the blue of Walter's text was the worst for me.

Edit: Though I would like to ask that you try keeping shifts in color down a peg. Your replies for example. Having 5 different colors in 1 sentence makes it really hard to focus, like it is triggering a dyslexia I didn't even know I had.

Last edited:

Andy Hunter

Apr 26, 2018
Since it's getting a lot of hate, I felt that this game needs some positivity. The colours in the game are unique, and honestly, I enjoy the game more with them. While sometimes the same colour is used for different types of actions, for the most part, it helps show the impact of each choice. Colouring is part of the creator's artistic design, and is a part of the game. It would be the same as asking for all of the images to be removed.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Since it's getting a lot of hate, I felt that this game needs some positivity. The colours in the game are unique, and honestly, I enjoy the game more with them. While sometimes the same colour is used for different types of actions, for the most part, it helps show the impact of each choice. Colouring is part of the creator's artistic design, and is a part of the game. It would be the same as asking for all of the images to be removed.
I disagree. A design choice, especially one as integral as the coloring of the text, can and should be criticized. As much as I do enjoy what little of the game I've gotten to experience, the key word is little. I'd like to give a in-depth analysis of what is presented, as I do really enjoy how the game is structured.

I want to like the game, but I physically cannot play it for more than a couple minutes. That blue that I mentioned earlier has the same effect on me as bright yellow text on a white background. Being colorful is fine, I encourage it even, but color coordination is vital to making it work. Maybe giving the text a solid black background would help, maybe lowering their brightness, maybe choosing different shades, maybe just not shifting colors so often? I'm not saying that it should all be plain white text, but it just doesn't work in its current state. And the irony here is that the anti-cheat nonsense prevents me from just fixing it myself. I'm not going to spend the time to crack the game's code just so I can remove the colors and backgrounds.

Last edited:

Violet Kitten

Writer of Romantic Love Stories.
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I uploaded a colorless version yesterday and asked people to test it but that comment, along with 16 other of my comments, were deleted by a moderator for colored text. I didn't even know that it wasn't allowed here. I had a whole lot of good responses and answered many questions. I hope no one thinks that I am ignoring comments because I had a ton of responses that are gone now. :(

Anyway, here is the to the color/glowless version. Please let me know if it works for you. :)

xoxo1001

May 9, 2017
I'm playing using the glowless version and it looks like there's a bug. At the beginning when you are assigning skill points, if you hit "back" for whatever reason (ie. assign points to the wrong skill and you want to restart), you get an extra skill points instead of 2, and the game immediately kicks you out for cheating. I mean, ok, it still restarts the game, but that's just silly.

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
I had a quick look into your game. It is to early to judge the story, but it looks good at this point. Of course I would prefer to see the pc a vampire, but that is just my personal affection to vampirestories. Since I like qsp-games I don't like the scrolling if you have a large amount of text. I know, that telling a story without a lot of text does not really work, but maybe is there a way to avoid the scrolling part by sending the player earlier to a new page. Since I know you a bit from GL-forum I am not surprised by the colored text.

Karloman

Apr 26, 2020
Of course I would prefer to see the pc a vampire, but that is just my personal affection to vampirestories.
If I had to guess, I'd say the odds are rather good that the PC can become a vampire at some point of the game. I mean, the whole "there's a magic stat, but right now it doesn't do anything because humans can't use magic, wink wink" does seem like the game is trying to tell us something.

Violet Kitten

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
I'm playing using the glowless version and it looks like there's a bug. At the beginning when you are assigning skill points, if you hit "back" for whatever reason (ie. assign points to the wrong skill and you want to restart), you get an extra skill points instead of 2, and the game immediately kicks you out for cheating. I mean, ok, it still restarts the game, but that's just silly.
Yeah that is a pretty stupid bug. I'm sorry about that. I'll have it fixed in the next version. :)

Since I like qsp-games I don't like the scrolling if you have a large amount of text. I know, that telling a story without a lot of text does not really work, but maybe is there a way to avoid the scrolling part by sending the player earlier to a new page.
While creating the scenes, I needed to decide whether to have a lot of scrolling through text or breaking the text into lots of scenes, forcing the player to constantly click to go to the next scene. I ultimately decided that scrolling was less of a burden then constantly clicking a line of text on the screen every paragraph.

If I had to guess, I'd say the odds are rather good that the PC can become a vampire at some point of the game. I mean, the whole "there's a magic stat, but right now it doesn't do anything because humans can't use magic, wink wink" does seem like the game is trying to tell us something.
Yep, you understand perfectly. :giggle:

So if I understand correctly there won't be lesbian romance, only 'no strings attached' sex. :cry:
There will be. In the next update, there will be a potencially long term lesbian romance option. I will also add more down the line to make a fully lesbian playthrough possible. :)

From a deleted(?) reply i got there will be.
You are correct. :giggle:
Reply.png

Last edited:

Violet Kitten

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
So... you are deleting lesbian incest and changing it for lesbian... romance? By definition cheesy content instead of a pretty popular (in games, obviously) taboo? (n)(n)(n)(n)(n)
"Lesbian" is great into an erotic game as a fetish and a taboo. But add to it the word "romance" and it gives me the worst of the feelings. :cautious:
I consider any long term relationship with love involved, to be romance. The new npc in the next update will be an confident woman that the player needs to impress and convince to open up. I think of it as a kind of romantic story but others can disagree. It shouldn't diminish the story either way and I hope everyone likes it. :)

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019
I consider any long term relationship with love involved, to be romance. The new npc in the next update will be an confident woman that the player needs to impress and convince to open up. I think of it as a kind of romantic story but others can disagree. It shouldn't diminish the story either way and I hope everyone likes it. :)
Yeah, that's "romance" to me too. And that's the problem. Lesbians being all lovey-dovey? In an erotic game? That's not kinky, not a fetish, that's cheesy and doughy by nature. I gave this game four stars in my review as a vote of confidence and a game to watch with hope, but I think I´m going to forget about it. Maybe lesbians like it. Maybe that's your real target.

Karloman

Apr 26, 2020
Yeah, that's "romance" to me too. And that's the problem. Lesbians being all lovey-dovey? In an erotic game? That's not kinky, not a fetish, that's cheesy and doughy by nature.
Honestly, I don't get that point of view. I mean, not being into it is fine, but being annoyed that the option is in the game at all, even if no-one is forcing you to go along with it? I mean, I'm sure I won't be into most of the kinks here, doesn't mean I mind them being here as long as I'm not forced to go through them. And honestly, opposing romance and eroticism seems kind of dumb, because when done well, they only add to each other. Will it be done well? We'll see, but I am curious to find out.

Kodex

Dec 10, 2018
What you are calling "facts", I'm calling strawmen. Just because you cannot imagine a realistic relationship between 2 women or a warrior woman doesn't give you the right to shit on everyone else. Nothing is trendy and protected, unless you choose to be paranoid and see conspiracies everywhere.
You started from hating a possible path in a game and you managed to insult pretty much everyone that disagreed with you. Why are you even still here, if you hate the game so much?

Violet Kitten

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
"Lesbian romance" in erotic games (and usually movies, tv shows, videogames, etc.) are right now cheesy and unrealistic by nature, because it's the way that kind of theme is approached. Lesbianism is "trendy" in popular culture now, protected by political correctness, and nobody want to be called "homophobic" by writing a story with lesbians presenting a bad image in some way. Lesbian characters can't be selfish, wicked, ridiculous, crazy, stupid, greedy, etc. They can have some flaws, but they have to be always essentially positive and "inspirational" characters: cheesy and unrealistic. And that's another fact.
I think that you are looking too much into the lesbian thing. I am adding a lesbian romance to my game for a more diverse playing experience. The sister incest stuff that was planned, was also a romance and very much so. I chose lesbian because I always like the challenge of doing something that I've never done before. I also called the lesbian story, a romance because I like writing stories that are more than just meaningless sex. I don't find sex without reason, to be challenging or interesting in anyway. I like love stories so the new lesbian story will be more than just sex and I am in no way, giving the lesbian story any special treatment due to any political stuff.

The male love interests so far, have also been romances, so nothing has really changed. This new lesbian story shouldn't be shocking to anyone, most of the games here, add different fetishes all the time. I just feel most comfortable writing love/tragic stories, which is why I created my F95 title to say, "Writer of Romantic Love Stories." I feel that love stories are my strength and I am very passionate about it. :giggle:

I´m the one that has been attacked and even insulted. I´m only defending myself, and politely, by the way. I haven't insulted other members, but other members, including you, have insulted me.
If women in general or lesbians in particular are offended because what I say in my comments and review, they are stupid. Period.
I don't think the bottom comment provides any real information that someone can learn from. It just comes off as, "I am right and if you don't agree with me then you are dumb." There is nothing else I can gain from that comment. It is also a hostile comment aimed toward females in particular, so saying that you didn't try to insult anyone, I feel is inaccurate. :(

Last edited:

ElBandarra

Dec 3, 2019
What you are calling "facts", I'm calling strawmen. Just because you cannot imagine a realistic relationship between 2 women or a warrior woman doesn't give you the right to shit on everyone else. Nothing is trendy and protected, unless you choose to be paranoid and see conspiracies everywhere.
You started from hating a possible path in a game and you managed to insult pretty much everyone that disagreed with you. Why are you even still here, if you hate the game so much?
I have been insulted by other members, including you. I haven't insulted other members. If people that desagreed with me, like yourself, are offended by my opinions about the plausibility of a teen girl being a medieval warrior or the way that "lesbian romance" and lesbian characters are usually written right now because of political correctness, it´s your problem, not mine. I´m just defending my point, and being attacked because of that by people like you.

2.70 star(s) 30 Votes