VN Ren'Py Abandoned Revenge or Love [v0.7] [totallyoklad9348]

2.80 star(s) 13 Votes

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I like how this starts by hyping its relationship system and how NPCs will interact with you differently depending on how your character acts. And then the choices in-game boil down to "do you want to bang this one at some point? If yes pick this." And "do you want this character to cuck you or not?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Why of course, I definitely want nothing to do with this DAZ model I know absolutely nothing about as character. Begone Thot!

Also having NPCs that are not there just for the MC is fine but if I spend more time with them on screen than player character, I might as well read a comic.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
This breaks the game:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2403, in script
    jump mmorning0
ScriptError: could not find label 'mmorning0'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump mmorning0
  File "...\RevengeorLoveDemo-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "...\RevengeorLoveDemo-1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Revenge or Love Demo 1.0
Fri Jan 15 14:45:46 2021

randomname42

May 30, 2017
The renders are pretty decent, but the fact that apparently no character is capable of turning their head to actually look at anything and basically every image shows somebody looking at something/someone side-eye (or looking like they're rolling their eyes) is really quite jarring.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Haha, Emily's proportions are so ridiculous, that MC's hands are clipping through her ass when he hugs her. xDxD

Magicon

Nov 1, 2018
Code:

While running game code:
    jump mmorning0

Full traceback:
    jump mmorning0
  File "C:\Games\RevengeorLove0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
  File "C:\Games\RevengeorLove0.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Revenge or Love Demo 1.0
Fri Jan 15 21:45:36 2021

Aug 17, 2018
Code:

While running game code:
    jump mmorning0

Full traceback:
    jump mmorning0
  File "C:\Games\RevengeorLove0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
  File "C:\Games\RevengeorLove0.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Revenge or Love Demo 1.0
Fri Jan 15 21:45:36 2021
Here's the fix, just put the file in the /game folder and when asked to replace say yes.

Reactions: Mario8080

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
It's fine for a demo/first release. I'd suggest slowing down the character intros rather than smacking us upside the head with dozens of character intros right away. I wind up asking "is this a major character or are we never going to see them again?" and "why are there so many male characters with names when the game is about the main character working his way through the student, teacher and parent directory?"

glc0n

Feb 5, 2020
It's fine for a demo/first release. I'd suggest slowing down the character intros rather than smacking us upside the head with dozens of character intros right away. I wind up asking "is this a major character or are we never going to see them again?" and "why are there so many male characters with names when the game is about the main character working his way through the student, teacher and parent directory?"
I was coming here to say the same thing. The intro is very sloppy. We see the MC for all of three or four lines (not even right away) and then we get hit with a ton of other characters with no context and lots of switching between them. The renders look great and I would like to get into the game, but I'm afraid the only way I can do it is to turn my brain off and follow the walkthrough.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I like how this starts by hyping its relationship system and how NPCs will interact with you differently depending on how your character acts. And then the choices in-game boil down to "do you want to bang this one at some point? If yes pick this." And "do you want this character to cuck you or not?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Why of course, I definitely want nothing to do with this DAZ model I know absolutely nothing about as character. Begone Thot!

Also having NPCs that are not there just for the MC is fine but if I spend more time with them on screen than player character, I might as well read a comic.
Yeah... Throw a ton of backstory at us about all of the other characters and then don't tell us much of anything about the MC. Then when the MC meets the characters give us a binary choice of "fuck" or "not fuck"... Perhaps let us actually see the MC and the characters interact, develop some type of relationship before having us make that decision. Also seems we don't get to make a choice about all of the characters - Leah and Athena when we meet them there is no "Fuck? Yes/No" question, which has me wondering if the MC can't skip them as they are "too important to the plot". Really didn't like that to have a relationship with Mariah or Skylar the MC has to to be a creepy "peeping tom"... Can't just have the MC decide to pursue them.

Game needs the voyeurism tag and the masturbation tag. So far the closest to "sex" we get is just the MC wanking off while perving on his maternal parental unit. I am all for slow burns but this will need a few updates before anything goes anywhere.

GODZILLA2000

Dec 9, 2017
Is this supposed to have an incest patch? This grammar makes no sense. Instead of aunt, or friend, or landlady, the script always says "my Mariah" or "his Mariah".

2.80 star(s) 13 Votes