RPGM Completed Revival Quest- Resist Embarrassment and Make the Town Flourish [Final] [ShiroKuroSoft/Sekai Project]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
When will companies stop translating bottom of the barrel DLsite content? Or old ass stuff, when there's much better newer stuff they can get out there.
This dude sells quite well to eroge/dlsite standards.
1679962428728.png

Numbers is all that matters for any company.

Also ... old ass stuff? Kagura just released Acerola's Demon Queen Melissa, which is from 2016, but did >31K in sales (it took 'em like a whole century though).
Anyway, localization companies look at the numbers primarily, that's all.

And also ... as far as RPGM is concerned, a 'new' game ain't necessarily 'better' than an older one.
The engine ain't gonna magically make non-adept-at-creating-games 'artists' into good game designers.
And what gets released in 2023 is often still quite similar to what was released years ago. Even MANY years ago.

It's the curse of the 'out of the box' features of the engine. It results in many bog-standard, low effort games from 'artists' that just tack on some 'gameplay' to sell their art as a game (since that probably sells better than a CG set?).
Newer versions of the engine might offer more options to expand your game more easily than older versions, but none of that matters to non-game designers.

As well as the visual quality not going to jump by leaps and bounds due to the limited range of the 2D sprites that come with the engine. You got some resolution options in MV that you did not have in Ace, sure. But overall it ain't like a jump from PS1 to PS5 ya know.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Sekai Project title?
Probably garbage then, i can't recall a single good one under that publisher.
They didn't even bother changing the default rpgm music for the video on steam lol. :whistle::coffee:
Why are you basing the quality of the game off the publisher and not the developer? That seems kinda backwards.

It's a pretty bog standard ShiroKuroSoft game, but that has nothing to do with Sekai Project.

Sep 4, 2018
Eh, the game came out as the second of four games on the japanese DLsite, more than four years ago:
アリサクエスト Alisa Quest January 2018, リバイバルクエスト Revival Quest September 2018, プリンセスクエスト Princess Quest September 2019, and アルケミストクエスト Alchemist Quest Decembre 2022
Considering the release date I'm skeptical of AI being involved on the creation of the game at least.

The current trend at least with the english releases I suspect is more a combination of two other factors:
1. More importantly, what gets translated massively changed. In the previous decades (after the initial JAST USA phase, which basically translated stuff to which they had commercial connections), a lot of what was translated was, if not masterworks, at least stuff that had a certain level of acclaim - this goes doubly for fan translations, which were often passion projects by people who cared about this or that game. Now, a lot of what gets translated is DLsite fodder - most of it are small 1-2 person circle games by hobby developers, and while there's the occasional gem...
2. Less importantly, at the same time, the production of native english eroge really took off, so western audiences now had much more choice and were considerably less desperate :ROFLMAO:
So, it seems that some are "scraping the barrel" of DLsite, translating them, and putting on Steam for a quick and easy buck. Thank you for clarifying what's going on. Although the AI situation is a real issue, it's not the case with this game.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It's a pretty bog standard ShiroKuroSoft game, but that has nothing to do with Sekai Project.
Oh really?
Then how is it that Kagura has quite a number of games i remember, but this Sekai Project doesn't even have one?
I think it says something about the quality of this publisher no? :whistle::coffee:

• Angry
Reactions: gervid

MATTTOKEN1

Jan 27, 2019
Just find random bgm file then copy and rename it to the same name as in the error, and then move it to the same location as in the error.

:whistle::coffee:
Tried renaming the file to what was listed in the error, but believe it just isn't translating, original file name showing "diamond ?" in game error showing Darkside5_%E5%... . Maybe a locale issue?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Tried renaming the file to what was listed in the error, but believe it just isn't translating, original file name showing "diamond ?" in game error showing Darkside5_%E5%... . Maybe a locale issue?
Perhaps they half-assed the translation then, so yeah, maybe booting it in Jap locale will solve the issue. Give it a shot.
At the very least you should see the error in the original language and maybe you'll be able to copy that. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
Sekai Project title?
Probably garbage then, i can't recall a single good one under that publisher.
They didn't even bother changing the default rpgm music for the video on steam lol. :whistle::coffee:
Idk man i liked rabi ribi a lot

Throught you probably confusing publisher (marketing handler) vs developer (product maker)

MATTTOKEN1

Jan 27, 2019
Perhaps they half-assed the translation then, so yeah, maybe booting it in Jap locale will solve the issue. Give it a shot.
At the very least you should see the error in the original language and maybe you'll be able to copy that. :whistle::coffee:
Thank you for the advice, but no dice with that still comes up with the same untranslatable file name. Considering this is one of the limited bgm files it is probably reused throughout so would break in multiple areas. Only thing I can think of would be to search the code for any instance it calls for bgm darkside5 and rename the instance to a new file name. But can't find the code to call for those so I give up lol.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Oh really?
Then how is it that Kagura has quite a number of games i remember, but this Sekai Project doesn't even have one?
I think it says something about the quality of this publisher no? :whistle::coffee:
No? Why would it?

Their choice in titles has nothing to do with the quality of their work, and the titles would be exactly the same under literally any other publisher in the same context.

You're conflating a lot of things that have nothing to do with each other while ignoring vital and obvious context to reach your conclusion.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
No? Why would it?

Their choice in titles has nothing to do with the quality of their work, and the titles would be exactly the same under literally any other publisher in the same context.

You're conflating a lot of things that have nothing to do with each other while ignoring vital and obvious context to reach your conclusion.
:rolleyes::coffee: Yeah, sure, let's go with that.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Thank you for the advice, but no dice with that still comes up with the same untranslatable file name. Considering this is one of the limited bgm files it is probably reused throughout so would break in multiple areas. Only thing I can think of would be to search the code for any instance it calls for bgm darkside5 and rename the instance to a new file name. But can't find the code to call for those so I give up lol.
Maybe you could boot cheat engine and search for a string with it?
Bah, this shit is not even worth the effort anyways. I'd give up too, probably even earlier than you did. :whistle::coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: MATTTOKEN1

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Just hold your horses, seems weird that noone else has yet reported this issue. I mean, that's actually game-breaking. Is it like that in all the downloads?
...Okay, just got the Gofile one, and yeah, that Darkside5_* is definitely mojibaked. Someone seriously effed up.
Well, lucky for you, there's a solution. Download THE PATCH, it has that file inside. Make sure you extract it correctly (WinRar, correct name encoding) and you shall have what you seek.
That said... The prepatched versions in the OP are fucked (for now), since unsuccessfully extracting a .zip with files that have JP in their names is apparently still a thing... :rolleyes:

YabenoHkmr

Jun 6, 2018
People are calling it "the same shit" but i call it "more of the same thing that i like". Yes, i like standard JRPG mechanics ever since FF1, and standard rape/corruption/NTR with Female MC too. I like them the first time and still like them now. I guess i'm not the only one with this mindset because these kind of games keep being made and still sell well(?) too. Also, why do you guys comparing an indie games to a big company games lol of course the quality differs a lot.

Newer versions of the engine might offer more options to expand your game more easily than older versions, but none of that matters to non-game designers.
RPGM MZ actually released an ARPG plugin for free last month. I tried the sample project and it's honestly quite decent. The first few game release using this plugin are probably gonna be received well as long as the dev doesn't mess up on other areas. Then after a while all release with this plugin will probably gonna be called "the same shitty bog standard ARPG games" even if the quality are as good as the first few games lol.

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
www/audio/bgm/Darkside5_�d������.ogg has wrong encoding in the filename.
Again, you can get it from downloading the 'patch' in the OP. Just be sure to have the right encoding when extracting. No other such files - hopefully.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes