RPGM Completed Revival Quest- Resist Embarrassment and Make the Town Flourish [Final] [ShiroKuroSoft/Sekai Project]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

belec

Aug 15, 2017
Again, you can get it from downloading the 'patch' in the OP. Just be sure to have the right encoding when extracting. No other such files - hopefully.
I have downloaded already patched version.. guess will have to download from torrents.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I have downloaded already patched version.. guess will have to download from torrents.
What about this? As I said, the already patched ones in the OP have that problem, but you can get that one file from one of these.
1679989079177.png

FafnirOD

Nov 9, 2022
It's the curse of the 'out of the box' features of the engine. It results in many bog-standard, low effort games from 'artists' that just tack on some 'gameplay' to sell their art as a game (since that probably sells better than a CG set?).
It's done to mark up the price of their "CG sets". The recent-ish trend of "NPC kan" games are cancer in itself since it's minimal effort for both CG variety and gameplay. Truly the "best" of both worlds.... for the "game dev".

You are correct. It's garbage, it's so bad it doesn't even deserve a bad review. You played one you played all, it's the same thing over and over again. Creativity is dead.
People complaining about the "decline of quality of ero games from the East" are high as a kite and had formed unrealistic expectations due to the initial influx of commercial translations which were completely comprised of some of the best VNs and indie games in the market.
Traditional RPGs had always been popular there and it's the most common format for indie ero games even prior to the integration of AI but people here ceaselessly whines about that when it's the rough equivalent of the average Miel-tier Western Renpy VN... and those somehow managed to rack up a pool of Patreon bux.

Most of the stuff on DLsite are shovelware and would practically never make it to the top. Stuff that actually appears on the site's front page usually ranges from decent/average to being pretty good. Really good games are released once in a while and it's usually from the same few devs so you'd typically know who to follow and what to expect.
That had always been the case for the indie scene and there used to be an understanding that these games were generally less ambitious in scope due to limited market reach. On the other hand, there are more sources of revenue (and exposure) now and some of the better indie games aren't even on DLsite.

There were also plenty of good games that were never properly translated like Raijin7 and good luck ever playing a properly translated Eushully release because they hate gaijins like us localizations. Purely from a gameplay perspective, Eushully > Alicesoft.

Last edited:

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
I found some crazy bugs: I played it and this only one I found super annoying.
Audio fails to load:

Audio/bgm/darkside5_%E5 <- where do I find it so game doesn't have re-occurring pop up in area map.

lvl 3 town – weapon store bug it only occurs when get town up to lvl 3 and trying buy stuff. Game goes into stall then I had exit because it was scary.

Overall its really nice game. Back story is interesting. Just I kind wish there more to it. I starting to realize this game could gone on paper RPG program if they allowed tools go with girls collect materials.

May 10, 2020
lvl 3 town – weapon store bug it only occurs when get town up to lvl 3 and trying buy stuff. Game goes into stall then I had exit because it was scary.
I noticed the game stalling in level 3 town as well, when you pick up the log by the first store you see when you enter the town, the fog continues to roll but you no longer have control of the game. Can't even go back into the menus. (This was pre applying the patch, not sure if patch fixes it.)

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Man the Japanese really love there TENTACLES, it seems over 90% of all there games/VN have this.
It's a censorship workaround of sorts. Genitalia are censored. So use something like the penis, but isn't. It also allows for octopus fantasies.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
RPGM MZ actually released an ARPG plugin for free last month. I tried the sample project and it's honestly quite decent. The first few game release using this plugin are probably gonna be received well as long as the dev doesn't mess up on other areas. Then after a while all release with this plugin will probably gonna be called "the same shitty bog standard ARPG games" even if the quality are as good as the first few games lol.
Well, but that's just thing isn't it. The engine allows you to pick 'features' off the shelf. But that means any non-game designer is gonna do just that and just use off-the-shelf stuff, making anything the same.
If the engine comes with new features or a 3rd party plugin gets popular to implement easily ... well ... like you said, the first few can capitalize on the plugin authors' work and after a few of those, you just end up with 'bog standard engine implementation' statements again.

But honestly, there's not really all that many authors that really could be considered proper or even capable game designers in this market.
At least the vast majority isn't. It'd likely need some technical talent along side your artistry and even writing skills.

And even one I'd consider one of the top when it comes to making an RPGM game feel somewhat fresh, Kamichichi, still gets people dissing the games just the same. So you can never please everybody.

--> Though the recent influx of cash-grab AI generated games, which look like they likely have barely any effort put into the game part surely won't help things either. Though you'd think the time savings in creating the CG could be put into the actual game part ya know.

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
Well, but that's just thing isn't it. The engine allows you to pick 'features' off the shelf. But that means any non-game designer is gonna do just that and just use off-the-shelf stuff, making anything the same.
If the engine comes with new features or a 3rd party plugin gets popular to implement easily ... well ... like you said, the first few can capitalize on the plugin authors' work and after a few of those, you just end up with 'bog standard engine implementation' statements again.

But honestly, there's not really all that many authors that really could be considered proper or even capable game designers in this market.
At least the vast majority isn't. It'd likely need some technical talent along side your artistry and even writing skills.

And even one I'd consider one of the top when it comes to making an RPGM game feel somewhat fresh, Kamichichi, still gets people dissing the games just the same. So you can never please everybody.
That feel when no one mention Mechanica in rpgm discussions. Unique on his own for solve a murder with music

Feng Lengshun

Jan 4, 2018
I am legitimately confused by this thread. Why are people complaining about quality in this forum? Literally 99% of the stuff that appears on the Games thread list are unfappable garbages, and even with some filters, you still have to deal with a lot of garbages.

All things considered, the game is fine, by the standard of the stuff that appear on this forum. My only issue is that there's only 22(-ish) scenes divided between 2 characters, with very little scenes with both of them, and outside of Roam Naked option there's no repeatable scenes. Oh, and I guess the incomplete recollection mode, with no ending replay and roam naked, plus an unclear ending requirements that I don't care experimenting with.

And the translation was fine too, it's not machine translated, much better than most of the stuff that is marked as translated despite having MTL that makes the game outright less enjoyable for me.

If this isn't up to people's standard, then they probably really need to go somewhere else because this is fine, it's average compared to Kagura's usual stuff, it's passable, it's good enough, etc. and the translation was good.
Audio/bgm/darkside5_%E5 <- where do I find it so game doesn't have re-occurring pop up in area map.
In www/audio/bgm/ there is a Darkside5_�d������.ogg with broken encoding in the filename, change the name to Darkside5_妖しい呪い.ogg.

たかしろ

Aug 30, 2018
short but good game, the fact that there's multiple endings and optional pay someone else to fight the final boss is a nice touch, even with the negative comments here due to the publisher's end not the dev's, it's a serviceable game for anyone wanting to kill a few hours of their time

Oct 1, 2021
Great another one from the makers of princess quest. Quite liked that one and seeing characters from this game in that one really made me want to play this one. People might complain that it is more of the same shit but it is shit i like so excited to play this one. Thx OP

C$Money

Oct 15, 2017
Anyone have the glitch after meeting the professor for the vibrator? I keep getting an error every 5 frames or so. The Patch did not fix the issue.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Anyone have the glitch after meeting the professor for the vibrator? I keep getting an error every 5 frames or so. The Patch did not fix the issue.
I'm begging you, please give more context than the "exe didn't work" or "getting an error"... Really, at least say what the error is or what's happening, because this is not enough to give any good advice upon. Maybe a screenshot, if possible?

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes