VN Unity Abandoned REVOLT [v0.1.2] [Neo X City]

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
animated?
Yes. They use a blend of still renders and a few decently animated short loops. This demo only shows it off with a reasonably extensive blowjob/titfuck scene, but you can clearly see where they're going with it... The other thing they use is a soft smoke/particle effect and really subtle pans or zooms, which does help to breathe some atmosphere and life into the still scenes. There's only the one effect so far though, and they use it everywhere which is distracting in places it doesn't belong.

They need laser/strobe effects for the club, soft and wispy for the VIP room, dust motes for the warehouse, etc.

right about the writing, they seem to be taking themselves way too seriously which is a worry... I disagree that they shouldn't, but the bar is definitely much higher on a serious story and they haven't done the work necessary to stay true to their own premise. If you're gonna write about a cop then you need to be clear on how the laws in your world apply or don't apply. What's he 'policing'? If you write a scene in a noisy strip club you should be thinking about how the characters are communicating; nobody's shouting into someone else's ear here, they're just having an ordinary conversation in an environment where that doesn't make much sense.

My worry is that they're going to do a bunch of hand wavey explain-aways; which if fine if their game's a bit of a goof, but inexcusable if it's supposed to be serious.

The worst thing is the music though. It's all obnoxiously loud and the only scene where it's used appropriately is in the club... Everywhere else it's just horribly distracting and undermines the tone they're trying to set... Even in the club they use a completely different track for the VIP room, instead of muting down the track that's already playing in the main club. Again this is the kind of shit they should be thinking about if they're trying to tell a serious story with a meaningful atmosphere.

Reactions: neoXcity and Hyped
Jan 15, 2018
fantastic!
only thing i disliked the Old Docks soundtrack, it feels too intense
i wish you coulda smashed Stardust, everything jus seemed to go by quickly
No doubt the animation was also superb, top notch
hope this reaches 1m soon

Reactions: neoXcity

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
Finally a game where the Dev put work in, which means that he will get like 100 patreons tops as is usually the case..
Reality of things aside, the renders are of superior quality and I like all the extra details.

Sadly however I wish that he put more work in creating the characters, as right now they look the same as those lazy devs who make $20k a month, where the ass just pops out of their body like balloons and I won't even talk about the tits...

Really nice little demo however, just needs a bit more work and less edgy dialogue and I'm sure that it will get that 100 patreons!

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
Nice! cyberpunk & 18+ content my life is gonna be sweet :D
But hating myself for playing because now the waiting game starts haha

Reactions: neoXcity

C'thun

Jul 9, 2017
Kap, i'm not saying that they shouldn't. I'm saying if they want to do it this way then they really should up their writing. Because right now it's average at best and totally not enough.

Reactions: Hyped

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
Comments above are right about the writing and plot. Almost boring for even a short demo. This game wins the render awards for the summer though.

Could turn into an interesting cyberpunk vn if they up the writing, but this isn't going to be an 'adult' game.

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
I think its a happy coincidence that E3 happened since this was clearly in development for a while before then.
Yeah but I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 first trailer was out in 2013 ? Something like that, and the board game that inspired the game, Cyberpunk 2020 is even older.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Yeah but I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 first trailer was out in 2013 ? Something like that, and the board game that inspired the game, Cyberpunk 2020 is even older.
I think you're all overthinking it. Cyberpunk 2077 is in the public consciousness now because of the E3 trailer and is being super-hyped. My post was in response to

Getting on that cyberpunk hype train i see.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Now that I've played it here are my thoughts:

Visuals are fucking outstanding especially the sex scenes.

Some typos need cleaned up.
MC needs to have a less silly name than Starkiller.
Theres nothing wrong with using royalty-free stock music but most of it doesn't fit the game and reminds me, in a bad way, of LoP/S&G games (and I say that as someone who likes those games). Needs more synthwave :D random example of royalty-free synthwave
Nothing wrong with Unity but definitely needs a text-skip button and a way to go back or reread previous lines.
Needs a save option.
The text description of events often doesn't match what is happening in the render.

Most of these are probably just because its an early demo though.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
uhum.... or you just play it like it's intende for a game.... "playing".... instead of cheating from one scene to another... which is like.... not playing?

Reactions: Hyped

Netus

May 31, 2017
When I read the name, I expected remote-controlled racing cars. Luckily that wasn't the case.

Really nice game.

Reactions: Kurets
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes