JiGSaWKilla89

Jan 12, 2019
Night Mirror

Found a tiny bug in the game. Not sure if it is just me that is having the issue or if anyone else has come across this.

I noticed the day_counter was going up but the day was stuck on Sunday

Only noticed this when I got to day 6 and Morty said "(It's Saturday, so I don't have to deal with school today.)" and it was showing Sunday :HideThePain:

Did make a small change to the code on my side to solve the issue

Sorry I'm nosey I always like to see CODE

Code:
#define day_names = ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday", "Sunday"]

define day_names = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"]

def get_current_day(day_n):
    global day_name, day_names
    # for dictionary conversion to work I had to redefine the day_names to start with Sunday
    # so that the day_counter/day_n would display the correct day
    if type(day_names) != dict:
        day_names = dict(list(enumerate(day_names)))
    if type(day_names) == dict:
        day_name = [v for k,v in day_names.items() if k == day_n % 7][0]
   return str(day_n) + ": " + day_name
Another solution would be to predefine day_names as a dictionary
Code:
#define day_names = ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday","Sunday"]
define day_names = {0 : "Sunday", 1 : "Monday", 2 : "Tuesday", 3 : "Wednesday", 4 : "Thursday", 5 : "Friday", 6 : "Saturday"}
Then you could just do the following which is what I ended up doing
Code:
Just my two cents. Doing a similar type of code in my calendar on the project I'm working on.

Again, I might be the only one that is having this issue

Missed the hotfix post.

Me and my tired brain :FacePalm:

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Night Mirror

Found a tiny bug in the game. Not sure if it is just me that is having the issue or if anyone else has come across this.

I noticed the day_counter was going up but the day was stuck on Sunday

Only noticed this when I got to day 6 and Morty said "(It's Saturday, so I don't have to deal with school today.)" and it was showing Sunday :HideThePain:

Did make a small change to the code on my side to solve the issue

Sorry I'm nosey I always like to see CODE

Code:
#define day_names = ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday", "Sunday"]

define day_names = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"]

# for dictionary conversion to work I had to redefine the day_names to start with Sunday
    # so that the day_counter/day_n would display the correct day
    if type(day_names) != dict:
        day_names = dict(list(enumerate(day_names)))
    if type(day_names) == dict:
Another solution would be to predefine day_names as a dictionary
Code:
#define day_names = ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday","Sunday"]
define day_names = {0 : "Sunday", 1 : "Monday", 2 : "Tuesday", 3 : "Wednesday", 4 : "Thursday", 5 : "Friday", 6 : "Saturday"}
Then you could just do the following which is what I ended up doing
Code:
Just my two cents. Doing a similar type of code in my calendar on the project I'm working on.

Again, I might be the only one that is having this issue
How to tell someone you are American without telling them you are American. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JiGSaWKilla89

Bonsey

Jul 15, 2018
The hot fix worked like a charm! I also like the way the text has been stroked with black making it way easier to read in low contrast.

Reactions: Night Mirror

WackedWu

May 8, 2021
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: I love the twist and the other in depth details you brought too this game, and I wish you could put in Jerry getting down with his mom, like in the cartoon series, but making him do it and crying when he's screwing hero_Oo_Oo_O:KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: I love the twist and the other in depth details you brought too this game, and I wish you could put in Jerry getting down with his mom, like in the cartoon series, but making him do it and crying when he's screwing hero_Oo_Oo_O:KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:
I actually imagine that it would mostly happen offscreen while Morty is getting down with whomever, but Night Mirror has made it clear he only really adds stuff in order to make the game make sense as more of a visual novel (since he has removed the "sandbox"/wandering element). If you want it added, gotta get Ferdafs to do it! Still think it would be an interesting addition though...

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
maybe this is a bug but I molested Summer in her sleep but the Do Over section said I didnt and Idk why but all days are sunday xD oh btw Im going to use Summer as the example when you ask if she is taking birth control does saying yes or no affect her first time? or you have later on the same choice?

Last edited:

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
does rape or con change anything in the story?
Not particularly, it’s mostly contained within its own area. This isn’t a branching path game.
Unfortunately for noncon/evil fans the nature of the beast with this game is the general plot is pretty lovey dovey and the amount of work to change that (300k plus lines and counting) is pretty much impossible (with the time and resources at our disposal as a free/for fun mod). If there was anything, it would just be a means in which to make the girl in question forgive Morty for the rape to make later sections work… which I’m not sure non-con fans would be jazzed about either.

maybe this is a bug but I molested Summer in her sleep but the Do Over section said I didnt and Idk why but all days are sunday xD oh btw Im going to use Summer as the example when you ask if she is taking birth control does saying yes or no affect her first time? or you have later on the same choice?
Every day being sunday has a hotfix above. As for the molestation, sometimes Do Over can shift back if you jump saves (if you play non linearly for example), but if you didn’t do anything like that it’s worth looking at.

Regarding Birth Control, you have more than one opportunity to make the choice with Summer, and you can always change via Do Over at any time. Birth Control as of right now is more to tweak what you’re into for some dialogue. BC off leans more heavily on impregnation talk and BC On is more about no consequences fun. This system in particular does have a lot (relatively) of text changes for each girl, so make the choice that sounds more appealing to you, and you can always change your mind later. Actual pregancy results are not currently in the game (aside from a few Alien side girls in their own segment) and that’ll be dependent on Ferdafs.

Reactions: randomguy6516265165

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
Regarding Birth Control, you have more than one opportunity to make the choice with Summer, and you can always change via Do Over at any time. Birth Control as of right now is more to tweak what you’re into for some dialogue. BC off leans more heavily on impregnation talk and BC On is more about no consequences fun. This system in particular does have a lot (relatively) of text changes for each girl, so make the choice that sounds more appealing to you, and you can always change your mind later. Actual pregancy results are not currently in the game (aside from a few Alien side girls in their own segment) and that’ll be dependent on Ferdafs.
Sry to ask again, I had this problem again with morticia and the "rape" but since is roleplaying that counts as love right?

Numuir

Aug 1, 2018
have so having an odd issue, downloaded the newest version of the game on windows, attempted to run the game and nothing happens. other renpy games work but this ones does nothing when attempt to load. I am running windows 10. using a new computer, old computer needs new power cable so not sure if just issue with this new computer, anyone else have this issue?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Yep, people have already let me know about the issue, and I've posted a hotfix in post #1.

The gist of the issue was a change to how python deals with typing. Previously if I did say 16/7, I'd expect python to return a value of 2. After the update to python3 it now assumed I wanted a floating point value instead, giving me 2.285714285... which then messed up the rest of the expression.

How do I use the hot fix? Do I just need to extract it into the game file or something?
Works the same way as any other patch, see post #1 on how to apply patches, or read the instructions.txt file in the top level of the .rar file.

have so having an odd issue, downloaded the newest version of the game on windows, attempted to run the game and nothing happens. other renpy games work but this ones does nothing when attempt to load. I am running windows 10. using a new computer, old computer needs new power cable so not sure if just issue with this new computer, anyone else have this issue?
Not enough for me to go on. Did you get a log.txt file in the main directory (where the exe file is)? That usually has some clue as to what is going wrong. If there is no log file, that tells me the game isn't running at all, in which case I'd recommend downloading it again, or see if an anti virus program is incorrectly flagging it.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Sry to ask again, I had this problem again with morticia and the "rape" but since is roleplaying that counts as love right?

All good.
Yeah, I mean, roleplay is roleplay. There’s some real rape and some pretend rape in the game. How you feel about it is your own decision.
The game doesn’t care either way, play how you want, you’re ultimately getting to the same place. From what I recall in the story if you’re talking about Day 13 and the Gravity Falls roleplay during the Halloween event, Morticia is just playing along to your fantasy, which could be rape centric fantasy. So, not an example of real rape (she makes this clear with her whispers to herself). If however you decide to NOT roleplay as Dipper and still choose rape, then that is real rape (very different tone).

• Red Heart
Reactions: randomguy6516265165

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
All good.
Yeah, I mean, roleplay is roleplay. There’s some real rape and some pretend rape in the game. How you feel about it is your own decision.
The game doesn’t care either way, play how you want, you’re ultimately getting to the same place. From what I recall in the story if you’re talking about Day 13 and the Gravity Falls roleplay during the Halloween event, Morticia is just playing along to your fantasy, which could be rape centric fantasy. So, not an example of real rape (she makes this clear with her whispers to herself). If however you decide to NOT roleplay as Dipper and still choose rape, then that is real rape (very different tone).
didnt see the real rape choice hmmm well thanks for the proper answer

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 (again) What and When!

It's been a few days since the update went out and with only a minor issue (a frustrating one, that people will now fill pages with that the day is constant Sunday...) so far, it's that time to once again to talk about what the future holds! What is next and when (mabye) you can expect it!

As always, let's start with the when first. This is the trickiest one because as of the past year~ish Ferdafs has been all over the place with updates. From 3~4 months on average, and recently a lot less scenes per update (due to medical issues). My guess continues to be every three months, so... May? June? Maybe?

When it does come out, we'll do our best to bring it over in as timely a manor as we can, while adding in extra little things to try and enhance, improve, and match the experience in this game.

Onto the what. While the primary content as always will come from Ferdafs, I do have two (three?) additional scenes in the works. While I'm not ready to go into very much detail about any of them just yet, I will say one is a larger scene that is being collaborated on. I might assist with the art, but I'm not the one drawing it, so it is up to the artist on the pace they want to work on the (free) content. There is no promise this will be ready for the next update (there is no need to rush, it gets done at the speed it gets done), but it is in good shape right now, so it is possible it may be ready for the next round of content.

The other scene is MUCH smaller, and I expect it to only be 3~4 images (with expressions and some very light frame animation) to add in Morticia's missing sleep molest scene. I've been looking for art for it for a while and I think I have enough to make the few shots I need. Unlike other scenes of this type, there will be an option to roleplay it as well, since she is into it, as well as an option not to take part, that isn't a (skip). I've already written/coded the scene, but, as always, art is really the hard part for me.

There is also the chance of a 3rd scene, but this one is more... tricky? Spoilers for the latest scene, and I guess very minor spoilers about this scene below, skip if you want to stay spoiler free.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Beyond that, no plans for additional game systems tampering, but I am (after this post is done) going to add yet another section to the Request/Contributions post, which is "BugFixes" so that you can all see what bugs have been found and fixed. While I doubt this will deter people from telling me there is the same bug over and over, it will put them in one easily accessible place I can link to so that everyone can see them (instead of searching dozens of pages).

And that's about it. As always, we'll be working on an off on the game (trying to find the strength to finish the blinks) while we await the next update. I hope you enjoyed the latest content, even if it was short.

Thank you everyone for staying awesome!

Sommion

Apr 13, 2018
r3.8 (again) What and When!

It's been a few days since the update went out and with only a minor issue (a frustrating one, that people will now fill pages with that the day is constant Sunday...) so far, it's that time to once again to talk about what the future holds! What is next and when (mabye) you can expect it!

As always, let's start with the when first. This is the trickiest one because as of the past year~ish Ferdafs has been all over the place with updates. From 3~4 months on average, and recently a lot less scenes per update (due to medical issues). My guess continues to be every three months, so... May? June? Maybe?

When it does come out, we'll do our best to bring it over in as timely a manor as we can, while adding in extra little things to try and enhance, improve, and match the experience in this game.

Onto the what. While the primary content as always will come from Ferdafs, I do have two (three?) additional scenes in the works. While I'm not ready to go into very much detail about any of them just yet, I will say one is a larger scene that is being collaborated on. I might assist with the art, but I'm not the one drawing it, so it is up to the artist on the pace they want to work on the (free) content. There is no promise this will be ready for the next update (there is no need to rush, it gets done at the speed it gets done), but it is in good shape right now, so it is possible it may be ready for the next round of content.

The other scene is MUCH smaller, and I expect it to only be 3~4 images (with expressions and some very light frame animation) to add in Morticia's missing sleep molest scene. I've been looking for art for it for a while and I think I have enough to make the few shots I need. Unlike other scenes of this type, there will be an option to roleplay it as well, since she is into it, as well as an option not to take part, that isn't a (skip). I've already written/coded the scene, but, as always, art is really the hard part for me.

There is also the chance of a 3rd scene, but this one is more... tricky? Spoilers for the latest scene, and I guess very minor spoilers about this scene below, skip if you want to stay spoiler free.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Beyond that, no plans for additional game systems tampering, but I am (after this post is done) going to add yet another section to the Request/Contributions post, which is "BugFixes" so that you can all see what bugs have been found and fixed. While I doubt this will deter people from telling me there is the same bug over and over, it will put them in one easily accessible place I can link to so that everyone can see them (instead of searching dozens of pages).

And that's about it. As always, we'll be working on an off on the game (trying to find the strength to finish the blinks) while we await the next update. I hope you enjoyed the latest content, even if it was short.

Thank you everyone for staying awesome!
Dude....we don´t deserve you...you are a gift

Zee-kun 7

Jan 18, 2023
Umm a little help, to go to the next dialogue by clicking the screen most of the times it doesn't respond readily but if you click twice it skips more than twice...
So any help on how to fix this is much appreciated

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes