Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
We are sneaking up on release here, just the last little bit to go (again, hoping for this weekend), but if you can't wait to know everything that's coming, here is the change log! Keep in mind this is a preview and isn't final as we aren't done yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In addition to the change log, I also have some FAQ notes that are getting updates (either typo corrections or reworks if something has changed), but the big one will be for Android users. While my support for android issues will still be somewhat limited (I just don't have that much control on how the app installs), I am going to expand the note with some possible fixes others have tried, along with details on how to access the log file on android (not final yet):

I honestly am not sure how much this will help, as often player that can't solve these issues on their own don't bother to read the FAQ (and post, "anrdoid doesn't work" which isn't very helpful for anyone).

Anyhow, some (most) of my today is going to be spent re-re-re-re-(etc...)re-re-re-(okay, still going I see...)re-re-re-re-(you get the idea)re-re-playing big parts of the game, looking for issues. I'm mostly just awaiting the last of the revisions, then we can get it done!

Anyhow, as always, thanks for staying awesome!

dgxsu

Jun 5, 2020
We are sneaking up on release here, just the last little bit to go (again, hoping for this weekend), but if you can't wait to know everything that's coming, here is the change log! Keep in mind this is a preview and isn't final as we aren't done yet.

In addition to the change log, I also have some FAQ notes that are getting updates (either typo corrections or reworks if something has changed), but the big one will be for Android users. While my support for android issues will still be somewhat limited (I just don't have that much control on how the app installs), I am going to expand the note with some possible fixes others have tried, along with details on how to access the log file on android (not final yet):

I honestly am not sure how much this will help, as often player that can't solve these issues on their own don't bother to read the FAQ (and post, "anrdoid doesn't work" which isn't very helpful for anyone).

Anyhow, some (most) of my today is going to be spent re-re-re-re-(etc...)re-re-re-(okay, still going I see...)re-re-re-re-(you get the idea)re-re-playing big parts of the game, looking for issues. I'm mostly just awaiting the last of the revisions, then we can get it done!

Anyhow, as always, thanks for staying awesome!
i-need-it-spongebob.gif

BashioManio

Aug 17, 2017
Ngl that's exactly what I was doing. I think if the dev doesn't want this version made it should be honoured. But since he doesn't care it's w.e
And if rick and morty creators dont want their work "parodied" we should honour their opinion? And if the people, topics, and concepts that rick and morty parody don't want it they should honour that as well? Its transformative and a real slippery slope to get onto.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
And if rick and morty creators dont want their work "parodied" we should honour their opinion? And if the people, topics, and concepts that rick and morty parody don't want it they should honour that as well? Its transformative and a real slippery slope to get onto.
While I agree, I think it would be better if we stop the bickering. Last time a mod had to get involved, let's try not to make it a habit.

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
If they © claim it, it becomes canon.

• Haha
Reactions: jman3347

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.8 Progress Report #13 - MAY 21 @ 01:00 UTC (Task List)
Final major revisions have been received and implemented! It has gone back out for review of those changes, and I expect a small set of corrections back soon~ish(tm).

Where does that put things?

We are very close now. The last few steps are:
  • Any additional corrections created from me doing the implementation of Scene 2 revisions.
  • Final BETA Build sends out for review.
  • Both of us review the final beta build and have one last chance to make any (small) changes.
  • Implement those changes.
  • Make Release Candidates #1
  • Upload RC #1 (All versions).
  • Download RC #1 (so that we are literally playing the final version you guys will get).
  • Play RC #1 looking for critical errors such as crashes, missing images, etc... looking for game errors, not typos. This process takes around 1~2 hours (for me).
  • If no crashes, or other major problems, update all the links in the OP along with the patch notes and release!
I know that still seems like a lot (and it is) but we think it is doable by tomorrow (or, I mean, if you're in UTC time, then later today). So our current release window is either later today (Sunday May 21st (maybe?)) or tomorrow (Monday May 22nd (much more likely)) depending on your time zone.

As always, thanks for being awesome!

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes