Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
what's the patch? It is mentioned in the game description
Currently no patch needed at the moment. That is for when I have to do bug fixes (which I did for r1.0). I just don't want to keep deleting and putting the text back.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.0 - What and When?

First the when. As I've said, content updates are only gonna happen when the Unity version adds it. Ferdafs has been pretty consistent with updates so my guess for the Unity version is the end of June. It takes me about a week to integrate that new content (I get it when everyone else does, from this very site), so mostly likely early July for r3.0

Now the what. I've been very subtle about it, so you might not realize this, but I am not an artist (a huge reason I didn't make my own game). So, unless there is an artist out there that can imitate the style and wants to work for free (message me if you can and do), no new scenes. But I am going to do new extended sequences. These are the extra options that pop up in some existing scenes, such as the choice to finish in or out, or remove a condom, or have sex in a scene the original game doesn't.

I can't make extended sequences for everything, not all scenes need it, and not all scenes are doable (that's what she said) with my limited art ability. But there are more I wanted to add. I just needed to draw a line somewhere for first release, or it would never be done.

For the moment, I'm just gonna talk about the one ext seq I've settled on first. Mr. Meesex. Enough people (in this thread and the Unity game thread) have expressed their discontent with a lack of an option to exclude the Meesex from this scene. So, that's what I'm gonna do, an alternate scene with even more Meesex! No, wait... the opposite. Yes, there will be a way to have Morticia all to yourself. If you want to know more about why I decided to add this (after I've said it's unlikely), just ask and I'll be (MORE than) happy to elaborate, but I want to keep this post short... ish...

I also want to do a bit more expansion of some plot elements, namely the assertiveness app, which the Unity game sort of drops and just mentions offhandedly. Nothing big, just a larger role in the story than it currently has. Also some more bumpers for some scenes, to make things flow less abruptly. One of my goals is to reduce the time players are looking at black screen, instead of images.

I'm not going to talk about the other scenes I want to do because I am still deciding which ones I can/want to do. But if you have a favorite scene that you think needs just a bit more, feel free to leave me a comment and I will give it serious consideration.

Last edited:

VelocityRyuga

Feb 15, 2020
r3.0 - What and When?

First the when. As I've said, content updates are only gonna happen when the Unity version adds it. Ferdafs has been pretty consistent with updates so my guess for the Unity version is the end of June. It takes me about a week to integrate that new content (I get it when everyone else does, from this very site), so mostly likely early July for r3.0

Now the what. I've been very subtle about it, so you might not realize this, but I am not an artist (a huge reason I didn't make my own game). So, unless there is an artist out there that can imitate the style and wants to work for free (message me if you can and do), no new scenes. But I am going to do new extended sequences. These are the extra options that pop up in some existing scenes, such as the choice to finish in or out, or remove a condom, or have sex in a scene the original game doesn't.

I can't make extended sequences for everything, not all scenes need it, and not all scenes are doable (that's what she said) with my limited art ability. But there are more I wanted to add. I just needed to draw a line somewhere for first release, or it would never be done.

For the moment, I'm just gonna talk about the one ext seq I've settled on first. Mr. Meesex. Enough people (in this thread and the Unity game thread) have expressed their discontent with a lack of an option to exclude the Meesex from this scene. So, that's what I'm gonna do, an alternate scene with even more Meesex! No, wait... the opposite. Yes, there will be a way to have Morticia all to yourself. If you want to know more about why I'm decided to add this (after I've said it's unlikely), just ask and I'll be (MORE than) happy to elaborate, but I want to keep this post short... ish...

I also want to do a bit more expansion of some plot elements, namely the assertiveness app, which the Unity game sort of drops and just mentions offhandedly. Nothing big, just a larger role in the story than it currently has. Also some more bumpers for some scenes, to make things flow a less abruptly. One of my goals is to reduce the time players are looking at black screen, instead of images.

I'm not going to talk about the other scenes I want to do because I am still deciding which ones I can/want to do. But if you have a favorite scene that you think needs just a bit more, feel free to leave me a comment and I will give it serious consideration.
I think the fact that people wanted Morticia to themselves in the MeeSex scene should be a big enough indication of what we want really. Obviously there are going to be others with other preferences, but personally (and I honestly think for the majority of us), I (we) would just like to see more content with Morticia! Whatever it might be, masturbating together or spying on their mom for example together would all be really great to see.

I really love your game and what you've done with it, your hard work is insane. That being said, the scenes that REALLY got me were the ones with Morticia. The scenes with Summer in the alternate dimensions were interesting, sure. But ultimately I think just having Morticia around more would make this game even better for me.

So that's my feedback - more scenes with her would be absolutely amazing, but even involving her more in (any of) the existing scenes would be just as good. Having played the original game, I've noticed you've already added her to more of Morty's every day activities and that was great. If you could build this up more, not on one specific scene but literally any of them and somehow add more involvement with Morticia to it could fill up that emptiness that these scenes seem to "need just a bit more". Hope I made some sense, once again thank you again for your brilliant game.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I think the fact that people wanted Morticia to themselves in the MeeSex scene should be a big enough indication of what we want really. Obviously there are going to be others with other preferences, but personally (and I honestly think for the majority of us), I (we) would just like to see more content with Morticia! Whatever it might be, masturbating together or spying on their mom for example together would all be really great to see.

I really love your game and what you've done with it, your hard work is insane. That being said, the scenes that REALLY got me were the ones with Morticia. The scenes with Summer in the alternate dimensions were interesting, sure. But ultimately I think just having Morticia around more would make this game even better for me.

So that's my feedback - more scenes with her would be absolutely amazing, but even involving her more in (any of) the existing scenes would be just as good. Having played the original game, I've noticed you've already added her to more of Morty's every day activities and that was great. If you could build this up more, not on one specific scene but literally any of them and somehow add more involvement with Morticia to it could fill up that emptiness that these scenes seem to "need just a bit more". Hope I made some sense, once again thank you again for your brilliant game.
I really tried to add a lot more of her presence into the game (and expand her personality a bit too) as she is very much a side character in the original. And, I'm going to continue giving her more when I can. For, example in the new Summer scene, she gets her own bumper sequence with Morty when he gets back, that isn't really there in the unity version, I also included her at the dinner table, when she is again absent in the original.

She's also the only character to get new scenes in the remake (pumpkin dance (a reskin of another scene), and shower with Summer (technically a bumper, but a naked one)).

I personally want more scenes with her too (that's one of the reasons I worked to increase her presence in the game). But again, I'm not an artist. There are LOTS of new scenes I'd love to add (Morticia and otherwise), but I can't draw them. So, the best I can manage where "more" scenes are concerned will be in mostly non-sex stuff (extra dialogue and bumpers) or extended sequences, like in the scene "foot fucker" which doesn't have sex options in the original, or with Mr. Meesex (which I'm doing right at this moment), well, I mean, technically without him, since that's the point.

So, short answer (too late), yes, I will continue to try and boost her presence where it makes sense.

Kushiro

Mar 23, 2018
I don't have the android SDK stuff installed so I wasn't planning on it. But I'll take a look and see if I can make it happen.

Edit: Nope, I spent most of the day trying to get it to build to Android but sadly it fails with an error message that tells me nothing about what's wrong. So at the moment, sadly no android version.

Edit 2: BAM! Got it to work, it only took all day and I had to jump through some hoops but android versions posted!
Dude, you're awesome

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
r3.0 - What and When?

For the moment, I'm just gonna talk about the one ext seq I've settled on first. Mr. Meesex. Enough people (in this thread and the Unity game thread) have expressed their discontent with a lack of an option to exclude the Meesex from this scene. So, that's what I'm gonna do, an alternate scene with even more Meesex! No, wait... the opposite. Yes, there will be a way to have Morticia all to yourself. If you want to know more about why I decided to add this (after I've said it's unlikely), just ask and I'll be (MORE than) happy to elaborate, but I want to keep this post short... ish...

I also want to do a bit more expansion of some plot elements, namely the assertiveness app, which the Unity game sort of drops and just mentions offhandedly. Nothing big, just a larger role in the story than it currently has. Also some more bumpers for some scenes, to make things flow less abruptly. One of my goals is to reduce the time players are looking at black screen, instead of images.

If you do this, please add a "this sex scene was an addition" either at the start or the end of the things that you add. That way we can appreciate your work more.

May 8, 2021
This is one that I'm either going to LOVE if its done well, or HATE if it's not, so I gotta ask. Did the author manage to maintain the quirky balance of off-the-wall-comedy and sudden existential terror that makes the show the glorious absurdity we know and love?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
If you do this, please add a "this sex scene was an addition" either at the start or the end of the things that you add. That way we can appreciate your work more.
That feels a little too immersion breaking, so unlikely. Plus it's all sort of mixed together with original and remake. Also, I don't care too much about credit (I'd rather most of it continue to go to Ferdafs anyhow). I care more that people have something they can enjoy.

This is one that I'm either going to LOVE if its done well, or HATE if it's not, so I gotta ask. Did the author manage to maintain the quirky balance of off-the-wall-comedy and sudden existential terror that makes the show the glorious absurdity we know and love?
Uh... maybe? (I made the renpy remake, so obviously I'm biased here)

First, this is a remake of the unity game: Rick and Morty - A Way Back Home [Ferdafs], so much of the dialogue (and pretty much all of the art) has come from there. There are absolutely parts that feel like they could belong in the show, but other segments that obviously can't.

Characters aren't exact copies of their show counterparts either. Some of that you can chalk up to them technically being different version in an alternate dimension from the show. I feel for the most part, they are fairly similar.

It won't feel like episodes from the show. No harmon story circle here. The original game is a sandbox, where events just kind of happen whenever so they are loosely tied together at best. In the remake, I've tried to give them a bit more cohesion, but they are still separate events that just sort of happen, rather than a larger narrative driving a plot forward.

If you're unsure, I'd say give it a try. It costs you nothing but a bit of time. And it might be something you very much enjoy. I'm a HUGE Rick and Morty fan, I fucking love this game, so much so that I spent six months remaking it in renpy just so more people could experience it (and so I didn't have to deal with issues in the unity version (and also, also, so I could modify things in the unity game that bugged the fuck out of me)).

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
r3.0 - What and When?

So does that mean you're responsible for the scene when you're sleep molesting summer where if you do any of the other options besides fuck her you can still put you tip in and cum inside her? Because if so, THANK YOU SO MUCH! That kind of thing is something I've really wanted in games like this for a long time, and I would love it if there were more chances to switch to their pussy to cum in from doing other things. (I know it doesn't work in all situations, but where it makes sense)

Reactions: Night Mirror

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I am deeply uncomfortable with how much I enjoy this game.

Also, was it just me who got kinda emotional at the end of the v-day date? Like, yea morty finally got a genuine romantic moment with jessica, you go man!

Edit: also, it kinda feels like morty is ignoring morticia a bit around this point, like there were a couple scenes now where she wanted to do stuff and he didn't seem into it.

Reactions: Kane_Freeman

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So does that mean you're responsible for the scene when you're sleep molesting summer where if you do any of the other options besides fuck her you can still put you tip in and cum inside her? Because if so, THANK YOU SO MUCH! That kind of thing is something I've really wanted in games like this for a long time, and I would love it if there were more chances to switch to their pussy to cum in from doing other things. (I know it doesn't work in all situations, but where it makes sense)
Yes, the option to "cum inside" during Summer's sleep scene is an extended option not in the original that I added on. If I can put the option in more places, I will. If you have a specific scene in mind, let me know and I'll put it in my review list for the next updated.

Edit: also, it kinda feels like morty is ignoring morticia a bit around this point, like there were a couple scenes now where she wanted to do stuff and he didn't seem into it.
Yeah, I kinda feel that way too. The problem is the original game just doesn't have that many Morticia scenes. Summer for example appears in more than 30 scenes, while Morticia only gets like 15ish, including the ones I added.

I boosted her presence a lot, but again I'm limited in new scenes I can add to the game, cuze my art sucks. After day 17 Morticia only has 6 more scenes, two very short scenes, three that are shared with Summer, and one shared with Mr Meesex. Vs Summer who has 15 in the same period, and appears in other peoples scenes, including some of Morticia's.

That being said, as part of my next update I plan to include at least 2 Morticia scenes. One is an alternate path to the Mr. Meesex scene (which I just finished today), the other will be a morning blowjob scene that I am in the very early stages of finding art for (but I'm pretty sure I can do). I'd also like to add a sleep molest scene for Morticia as well, but I'm not sure I can. It's in the idea only stage at moment.

It has been a while since Ferdafs gave us a new Morticia content, so I'm hoping for at least one in the next update... but I'm always hoping for more of her...

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Yes, the option to "cum inside" during Summer's sleep scene is an extended option not in the original that I added on. If I can put the option in more places, I will. If you have a specific scene in mind, let me know and I'll put it in my review list for the next updated.

Yeah, I kinda feel that way too. The problem is the original game just doesn't have that many Morticia scenes. Summer for example appears in more than 30 scenes, while Morticia only gets like 15ish, including the ones I added.

I boosted her presence a lot, but again I'm limited in new scenes I can add to the game, cuze my art sucks. After day 17 Morticia only has 6 more scenes, two very short scenes, three that are shared with Summer, and one shared with Mr Meesex. Vs Summer who has 15 in the same period, and appears in other peoples scenes, including some of Morticia's.

That being said, as part of my next update I plan to include at least 2 Morticia scenes. One is an alternate path to the Mr. Meesex scene (which I just finished today), the other will be a morning blowjob scene that I am in the very early stages of finding art for (but I'm pretty sure I can do). I'd also like to add a sleep molest scene for Morticia as well, but I'm not sure I can. It's in the idea only stage at moment.

It has been a while since Ferdafs gave us a new Morticia content, so I'm hoping for at least one in the next update... but I'm always hoping for more of her...
I just closed the game, but off the top of my head; almost any of the anal with trisha one's would be perfect for a rapey version of that. Generally any anal scene seems like a good place, at least it makes the most logical sense for having the opportunity to switch; depending on who it is and how far along you are with them it might even be able to be done in a consensual way.

That's a shame about morticia, thanks a lot for all of your hard work.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I just closed the game, but off the top of my head; almost any of the anal with trisha one's would be perfect for a rapey version of that. Generally any anal scene seems like a good place, at least it makes the most logical sense for having the opportunity to switch; depending on who it is and how far along you are with them it might even be able to be done in a consensual way.

That's a shame about morticia, thanks a lot for all of your hard work.
Yep, Tricia is for sure in my short list to add expanded sequences for. The only thing really holding me back is her current story progress. Since she is still a virgin in the original and that is a big-ish part of her narrative, having Morty taking it early might cause problems with a her future scenes. Still, I'll prolly do it anyhow, because that's the kind of monster I am.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying the remake!

Reactions: Kane_Freeman

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Yep, Tricia is for sure in my short list to add expanded sequences for. The only thing really holding me back is her current story progress. Since she is still a virgin in the original and that is a big-ish part of her narrative, having Morty taking it early might cause problems with a her future scenes. Still, I'll prolly do it anyhow, because that's the kind of monster I am.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying the remake!
That was actually why I instantly thought of her when you asked for specific places. It's a way to get our cum inside her without taking her virginity

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I've already previously stated that I love this updated Renpy version, but I want to elaborate slightly. I LOVE every single change that Night Mirror has made, and I hope it long continues. The tweaks and improvements to the text, the extra alternative choices, extra images, and fixing continuity issues, and other stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, as a couple of others have said, I love Morticia (I think she is the perfect embodiment of the pervy female Morty), and thus I love the extra bits that have been added in this version. Respect to Ferdaf for producing a great VN to start with, but extra kudos to Night Mirror for making it much better. So ... thanks again Night Mirror. (y)

gambit87

Dec 27, 2017
As some have already written, I have to say that the original game is good, but your version is even better. It's just better to play. There are no problems with the saves or a confusing quest list.
But above all that you can theoretically impregnate important women. The topic has not yet been addressed in the original game, with the exception of the secondary characters.
The scenes with Summer and Beth (no matter which version) are the best. But I hope that there will be scenes with Tricia, Jessica and Reka soon, where you can theoretically get them pregnant. No matter if voluntary or as a rapey version. Both versions are always very good!
However, you would still have to have a scene with Reka, where you can clarify the issue of birth control with her. I also hope that at some point there will also be scenes where it is said (and maybe also shown) that Summer, Beth, Reka, Jessica and Tricia are now pregnant. Corresponding scenes with them, perhaps with them at an advanced stage of pregnancy, would also be great.
A few more scenes with Jessica, Reka and Tricia would also be great.
I know it depends on the original game by Ferdafs. Nevertheless, I wanted to say what I still hope for from this great remake.

All the best and I'm looking forward to the next great part!

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes