GreenGames

Modder
Dec 31, 2018
Hi, you can try to use neural networks to generate the game art, since the drawing is not very complicated I think neural networks will do a pretty good job with it. Or try to train your own model on the game and series arts.

I've seen examples of akabur's style work in his discord server, very decently done.

SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
Hi, you can try to use neural networks to generate the game art, since the drawing is not very complicated I think neural networks will do a pretty good job with it. Or try to train your own model on the game and series arts.

I've seen examples of akabur's style work in his discord server, very decently done.
There's definitely a lot of merit to generating with AI, but polishing it up to a good standard takes a long time, and a good GPU.

There's definitely a lot lower barrier to entry though, so people could "donate" art in a sense. Animating that seems like a bit of a nightmare though, as you don't have art separated into layers like when you make it yourself.

Reactions: Night Mirror

MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019
There's definitely a lot of merit to generating with AI, but polishing it up to a good standard takes a long time, and a good GPU.

There's definitely a lot lower barrier to entry though, so people could "donate" art in a sense. Animating that seems like a bit of a nightmare though, as you don't have art separated into layers like when you make it yourself.
I wonder what it would take for the AI to create the layers for you. I could see it being difficult to request specific areas, but technically possible.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018

I'm just not that impressed with the generative artwork stuff overall. I've spent a bit of time messing around with SD and was underwhelmed by the results I got. I'm sure if I gave it more time it could have improved some, but it was so far off the mark that I don't think it would ever get to the quality I'd want.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

I wonder what you would it would take for the AI to create the layers for you. I could see it being difficult to request specific areas, but technically possible.
I think something like separate layers is well beyond the realm of possibility. And (to me at least) even getting art that is on model (matching Ferdafs style) is a 1 in a billion roll of the cosmic dice, let alone in a pose I might want. And if I want to animate stuff, well, it's a re-draw from scratch anyhow.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
I'm just not that impressed with the generative artwork stuff overall. I've spent a bit of time messing around with SD and was underwhelmed by the results I got. I'm sure if I gave it more time it could have improved some, but it was so far off the mark that I don't think it would ever get to the quality I'd want.
The entire concept is still barely out of its infancy, especially with certain parts of natural language interpretation, plus adequate GPU availability vs. internet access is another significant limitation. It's currently more like the blockchain concept was a few years ago, impressive in limited applications but goddamit, we're gonna cram it into everything before its time anyways! Still, hard to argue with the sophistication curve, regardless of whether it's convolutional, recurrent, or whatever combined monster has supplanted them. But after reading some of the absurd prompts necessary to get at least the convolutional versions (ie, stable diffusion) to output EXACTLY what you want, probably better to wait for something that better utilizes natural language. Like seriously, unless it's at least algebra, you shouldn't need to (put(stuff(in(nested(parenthesis))))).

If anything, text generation for games will probably be bigger, but that's even more limited by GPU availability. At least when you build a subset of images to microtrain image generation, you're only limited by the beefiness of YOUR machine crapping out images for mass publication (legal issues nonwithstanding). You code a game to use neural networks to generate text for conversations, you're also limited to a customer base that can handle it (either adequate customer GPUs or internet access + server farm time).

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
Just out of pure curiosity, since this has been a question that has been in the back of my mind ever since I started playing this game a couple of days ago but... How exactly would Morticia sound like?

Cause, well for me at least, when I read the dialogue of Morticia I basically hear Kristen Schaal (the voice of Mabel Pines and Louise Belcher) doing a Morty impression. Is that a fair assumption to make or does Morticia exactly sound like Morty but with a higher pitch XD

Reactions: ARMARATRON

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Cause, well for me at least, when I read the dialogue of Morticia I basically hear Kristen Schaal (the voice of Mabel Pines and Louise Belcher) doing a Morty impression. Is that a fair assumption to make or does Morticia exactly sound like Morty but with a higher pitch XD
Yep, if I could give the characters voices, Morticia would sound like Mabel. That's the voice I hear when writing or reading lines for her at least (and Mabel has inspired many of her character traits I've added)

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Ran into this error:

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0037.rpy", line 2308, in script
    s "I'm only [summer_age]! I don't want to be like my mom and have a kid before I've even graduated high school!"
KeyError: 'summer_age'
I think summer_age should be mcs.sum.display_age.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Ran into this error:

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0037.rpy", line 2308, in script
    s "I'm only [summer_age]! I don't want to be like my mom and have a kid before I've even graduated high school!"
KeyError: 'summer_age'
I think summer_age should be mcs.sum.display_age.
Fixed! Thanks for the find!

so when is the next Update this Year ?
Release Date: November 2023?
That's the goal, on track for it.

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
As far as I know, as a $1 sub to Ferdafs' Patreon, there is no news one way or the other if the OG game has been dropped. The last Post from them was just after the last game update, and said there would be more dev news soon, but yeah nothing since.

Reactions: kenta16807

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
This question has been answered multiple times but if you're too damn lazy to search for it then I'm too lazy to give you the answer.
i'm not today so let me take care of that brother
Since AWBH is now abandoned, will this also stop getting updates with new content?
yes, this version will continue with the aim to give it an actual ending as soon as possible. if the main game come back things might continue as usual but without scrapping the work he did (at least not entirely) just in case. i believe that's good enough a resume

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
i'm not today so let me take care of that brother

yes, this version will continue with the aim to give it an actual ending as soon as possible. if the main game come back things might continue as usual but without scrapping the work he did (at least not entirely) just in case. i believe that's good enough a resume
heh. imagine if a way home get updated the moment the version of another way home with its ending gets released

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
heh. imagine if a way home get updated the moment the version of another way home with its ending gets released
now i would consider that a conspiracy worthy kinda dick move haha, break the spirit of the guy to ensure that the money "lost" goes right back to you. who knows, i guess it's a possibility along with it just being a coincidence, personally i very much lean on the shadow quitting theory, that's what makes the most sense to me

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
i hope we can get a goodend
Will do my best, hopefully players will like it.

I mean, I'd prefer the game to keep going over coming to an end, so if I have to rollback or put the ending on hold to get more content, that is my preferred outcome. I don't think that will be the case, but I can always hope.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes