Mushybird

Sep 17, 2021
So great to see this get updated Night Mirror. I'll echo other's sentiments when I say that everyone here appreciates your dedication to seeing this project through.

I'll do my best to not criticize the art, which I know is your biggest fear, but I'll be honest? It looked good if not great to me. The new scenes didn't feel supremely out of place, and while the pacing is definitely rushed (for obvious reasons) it was a great start to the finale of this game.

Do you know about how long you think it'll take to finish? I can't imagine this going into 2025, but do you think you'll have it wrapped up by spring, or are you just doing each update as it is and it'll be done when it's done? Either way, we really do appreciate all you do, and the fact that you've done it all for free is nuts. I would highly recommend at least getting a coffee profile or paypal to let us throw you some money when all is said and done, you've more than earned it.

That said, I do still have a pipe dream where Ferdafs just pops up out of the blue, says "Hey, here's 3.9, see you again in 6 months." and leaves with no explanation lol. But at this point I don't wanna bet on pipe dreams.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
So great to see this get updated Night Mirror. I'll echo other's sentiments when I say that everyone here appreciates your dedication to seeing this project through.

I'll do my best to not criticize the art, which I know is your biggest fear, but I'll be honest? It looked good if not great to me. The new scenes didn't feel supremely out of place, and while the pacing is definitely rushed (for obvious reasons) it was a great start to the finale of this game.

Do you know about how long you think it'll take to finish? I can't imagine this going into 2025, but do you think you'll have it wrapped up by spring, or are you just doing each update as it is and it'll be done when it's done? Either way, we really do appreciate all you do, and the fact that you've done it all for free is nuts. I would highly recommend at least getting a coffee profile or paypal to let us throw you some money when all is said and done, you've more than earned it.

That said, I do still have a pipe dream where Ferdafs just pops up out of the blue, says "Hey, here's 3.9, see you again in 6 months." and leaves with no explanation lol. But at this point I don't wanna bet on pipe dreams.

Hey, kid....

Opens his raincoat

Wanna buy some Dreams ?

Reactions: Hicks

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
@Night Mirror: Seriously, it's just amazing that you plan to bring this to a conclusion.
Your Ren'py-Version was amazing from the get-go. For me, a real improvement on the Unity Original.
No matter how much you put out in the end, I will already be thankful for you attempting to give this a proper ending.

If I could wish for one thing (apart from Ferdafs continuing his work, so that you can continue doing your conversion), it would be that you get to Part 2 of your plans.

BobaFatter

Feb 15, 2021
I don't understand, why is NM not open to receiving tips? Does he feel scared that Ferdaf will get jealous and abandon indefinitely, or does he feel guilty because he thinks Ferdaf should receive all the credit? I have supported Ferdaf and I would like to add an extra contribution to NM too, it's not like tipping NM would reduce my subscription to Ferdaf. Plus your work counts as a Game Tester, so it does deserve some form of monetary compensation.

Reactions: Night Mirror

MrPles4nt

Dec 25, 2022
Yo I wouldn't mind trying this game but the idea of playing Morty in an adult game sounds awful coming from just seeing the show lol

Is the MC a pushover or actually somewhat competent

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I don't understand, why is NM not open to receiving tips?
I've touched on this before, but briefly here are the main reasons I'm not accepting money for this project:
  • It feels really fucking scummy (to me) to profit off someone elses work.
  • Not everyone has the choice to support multiple creators, and at least while he was active I preferred people give to Ferdafs.
  • This is a project for fun. Not a job. Once I take money for it, even tips, it's a job, and the expectations change.
But mainly, I just don't want it. Money isn't an incentive for me to keep working on this, it's the great people that enjoy the game that keeps me wanting work on it.

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
I've touched on this before, but briefly here are the main reasons I'm not accepting money for this project:
  • It feels really fucking scummy (to me) to profit off someone elses work.
  • Not everyone has the choice to support multiple creators, and at least while he was active I preferred people give to Ferdafs.
  • This is a project for fun. Not a job. Once I take money for it, even tips, it's a job, and the expectations change.
But mainly, I just don't want it. Money isn't an incentive for me to keep working on this, it's the great people that enjoy the game that keeps me wanting work on it.
Hey NM, don't listen to him, just do your great work, I appreciate everything you do :KappaPride:

Reactions: cooties69

BobaFatter

Feb 15, 2021
Don't see it like that, we're not subsribed to you, we just want to contribute a dollar or two as a token of appreciation for all the work that you've done, not as a promptive action to guilt trip you if you ever stop working on this project. There's a difference between patreon and buy me a coffee, in which i highly recommend you in opening an account in the latter.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes