SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
The art here seems like a great candidate for AI. Especially if it's drawn over or just used as a guide. There's definitely some quality issues with the original art produced just for the night mirror version, but I'm really glad you're trying. Thanks!

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
The art here seems like a great candidate for AI. Especially if it's drawn over or just used as a guide. There's definitely some quality issues with the original art produced just for the night mirror version, but I'm really glad you're trying. Thanks!
If anyone could get a working model that would be amazing… I’ve definitely looked into it but it’s proved beyond me (months ago).

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
I'm very pleased it's coming together well enough, now it's getting intense and i love the trifecta of standoffs between everyone! I just like the ending #1 side of things, reminds me of Phantom Liberty. The other one? Totally wasn't expecting that! The loose end getting tied off was pretty sweet. I can't wait for the next installment.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Nope, sorry. The script fix didn't work. Neither did the patch or re-downloading. 3.8 works just fine, it's just 3.8P2 that starts then instantly crashes right after the loading screen finishes. Thanks for the help though, and great job keeping the game going. I applaud your work.
Alright, I have one last possible suggestion. It seems like something in the engine update might be the problem? (I mean again, no error so, hard to really know... it didn't happen to make an error.log file by chance? Same place as the log file if it did.) But this is slightly more of a hassle...

Option 1 is to not take the engine update. In this case, if you still have a copy of r3.8, download the "Patch Only" file, and instead of using the whole thing, unzip ONLY the "game" folder contents, this will keep you on Renpy 8.0.3. You do have to do one more minor step, and that is getting rid of the only file not compatible with the previous version.

Once more go into "../RMAWH-r3.8-pc/game/scripts/" and delete these two files: "tts_subs.rpy" and "tts_subs.rpyc" and try running the game. You'll miss out on the amazing power of auto-advance and self voicing working together... but that's about it.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Alright! A few days after release, and for the most part, things don't seem to have exploded... I haven't had to make a bugfix (knock on wood), so that's always a big plus. Over the next few days, a new status post will go up for details on Part 3, and I'm going to do some open testing for the new Mind Blowers to get some player feedback, so keep an eye out for that if it's something your keen on trying.

But, before any of that, I want to ramble (like, ramble, ramble...) a bit about Part 2. If you don't care about the behind the scenes stuff, this is your moment to dip out. But if you want a sneak peek behind the curtain (no future content spoilers, all (mostly) about Part 2 development (so... I suggest having played Part 2 before looking at spoilers about it)), then hold on tight because here we fucking GOOOOOO!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyhow... I hope you have enjoyed this extra peek into a bit of my madness, and that Part 2 was fun (I mean, it's all doom and gloom, so maybe "fun" is the wrong word... liked it?... didn't hate it with all your heart?). I know the art quality isn't the same as Ferdafs... but I mean, I'm doing the best I can with the skills I have. It was never, ever, my intent to work on the project the way I am now, and the only reason I am at all is because you guys are fucking amazing!

Thanks for playing, thanks for reading, thanks for being awesome!

SZer0D

Jan 13, 2022
Alright, I have one last possible suggestion. It seems like something in the engine update might be the problem? (I mean again, no error so, hard to really know... it didn't happen to make an error.log file by chance? Same place as the log file if it did.) But this is slightly more of a hassle...

Option 1 is to not take the engine update. In this case, if you still have a copy of r3.8, download the "Patch Only" file, and instead of using the whole thing, unzip ONLY the "game" folder contents, this will keep you on Renpy 8.0.3. You do have to do one more minor step, and that is getting rid of the only file not compatible with the previous version.

Once more go into "../RMAWH-r3.8-pc/game/scripts/" and delete these two files: "tts_subs.rpy" and "tts_subs.rpyc" and try running the game. You'll miss out on the amazing power of auto-advance and self voicing working together... but that's about it.
Dude, WAY above and beyond. That worked! Thanks again. You're the best.

SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
If anyone could get a working model that would be amazing… I’ve definitely looked into it but it’s proved beyond me (months ago).
I looked into it today myself also. There are some existing things which are of okay quality, it's probably possible to improve. However to actually get anything meaningfully NSFW (especially since ferdafs changes the proportions A LOT in his scenes) it would need to be trained on the game art, which there just isn't enough of. Kind of sad, but that's probably the result. The technology isn't quite there yet.

Reactions: cooties69

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I'm getting a black screen on almost every H-scene in the game
First guess is most likely a render issue. With the game open, press "Shift+G". By default the game usually uses GL2, try switching to ANGLE2 and restarting. If you're still encountering issues, see if there is a log or error file in the same directory as the .exe, it can often have error info in it to help troubleshoot.

BigYutaKun

Jan 15, 2019
First guess is most likely a render issue. With the game open, press "Shift+G". By default the game usually uses GL2, try switching to ANGLE2 and restarting. If you're still encountering issues, see if there is a log or error file in the same directory as the .exe, it can often have error info in it to help troubleshoot.
Oh thanks, its working like normal now

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Alright, YOLO! We're doing it now! (I mean... if you want...)
mb_beta1.png

I am looking for some players who are up for giving feedback on this new system (or, really anyone who want's to fuck around with it).

Attached is a small patch to change the gallery of the existing game over to the new Mind Blower system. This also contains a way to roll it back too, so if after tying the new one, you think, this is horrible, I need my sexy Nancy model back, you can just drop in the files and put it back the way it was.

I am looking for a few things here (feel free to give me more (or... less if you just want to try but don't want to help)). Biggest one is missing tags. There is limited space for tags, but some might more more/less important, I haven't fully checked every tag just yet. So let me know if scenes are missing tags, even ones not listed.

Also want to know what you think overall of it. Is it better? Worse? Any feedback is welcome!

Lastly, this is not set in stone as a for sure thing. And it might (will) go through several iterations of tweaks and improvements before release.

Smudgey

Nov 7, 2017
Hey NM I haven't played the update yet but I just downloaded a fresh install along with the mindblower patch and selecting any button on the new menu causes a renpy crash for me.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 233, in execute
    screen gallery():
    screen gallery():
  File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 236, in execute
    python:
  File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 257, in <module>
    if has_all_filters(i[3], gallery_sel_filters):
TypeError: has_all_filters() missing 1 required positional argument: 'gallery_sel_filters'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 605, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 605, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen gallery():
    screen gallery():
  File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 236, in execute
    python:
  File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 257, in <module>
    if has_all_filters(i[3], gallery_sel_filters):
TypeError: has_all_filters() missing 1 required positional argument: 'gallery_sel_filters'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home (r3.8 Part 2) r3.8P2
Wed Nov  8 14:53:10 2023

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey NM I haven't played the update yet but I just downloaded a fresh install along with the mindblower patch and selecting any button on the new menu causes a renpy crash for me.
I checked it a bunch of times this morning and, naturally, it never threw and error, because why would it...

I see the bug, fixed it, and put up a new rar file with a correction. Thanks for spotting this!

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
I love this Renpy version so much and I am thankful for any continuation/ending provided to the game if Ferdafs abandoned the game, but to be honest I was underwhelmed by this first part.

Anyway, just felt like sharing some feedback. Unusually negative this time, sorry about that. This game (which I've exclusively played on the Renpy version) remains one of my favorites. Thanks for the work of love Night Mirror! I look forward to the future updates!

Smudgey

Nov 7, 2017
Okay so mindblowers is working now, but Day selector is also crashing.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/day_selector.rpy", line 914, in execute
    screen doover_day_select():
  File "game/scripts/day_selector.rpy", line 917, in execute
    use game_menu(_("Day Selector")):
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 543, in execute
    screen game_menu(title, scroll=None, yinitial=0.0, submenu=None, subpage=0):
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 549, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 552, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 558, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 561, in execute
    if scroll == "viewport":
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 592, in execute
    transclude
  File "game/scripts/day_selector.rpy", line 918, in execute
    $ check_day_select_version()
  File "game/scripts/day_selector.rpy", line 918, in <module>
    $ check_day_select_version()
NameError: name 'check_day_select_version' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in interact_core
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Smudgey\Desktop\RMAWH-r3.8P2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 549, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 552, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 558, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 561, in execute
    if scroll == "viewport":
  File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 592, in execute
    transclude