pagotoknut

Feb 20, 2020
Alright, I've changed the pause to auto advance after 5 second on android (and also put in the 1.1 bug fixes). I'm reuploading to the file hosts now, but the Mega link is live if you want to give it another go.

Thanks again for the heads up, hopefully this works for you! Let me know if you encounter any other issues and I'll do my best to resolve them.
I just launched the game on android and the screen was skipped like you said after few seconds, but now when I'm in menu I clicked on start but nothing happens. I tried also with all other option like load etc

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
what are the benefits of renpy ?
Technically, everything renpy can do, Unity could in theory implement as well. But, here are the top upsides this version has over the Unity implementation:
  • Save anywhere at any time
  • Multiple save slots
  • Roll back to see previous text or make different choices
  • Skip past text you don't want to read
  • More flexible for translations
  • Open to fan mods/user editing
And while not renpy related, this version is also much smaller, under 1GB down from 2.5GB.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I just launched the game on android and the screen was skipped like you said after few seconds, but now when I'm in menu I click on start and each other options and nothing happens
I'm not sure what else I can do here, it works on both my Galaxy S10 and my simulation, that's all the android testing equipment I have. It sounds like the game isn't getting input from touch for some reason.

Sadly there doesn't seem to be a lot of support information for renpy android, I'll keep looking to see what I can find but I don't know how to solve an issue I can't replicate.

What device are you trying it on?

Reactions: pagotoknut

Hazchadim

Sep 20, 2019
As someone who plays the game since it came out, i can say it's an immense pain playing the game on unity, everything is so slow and buggy. Nicely done bro, i will try this out.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
How do yall get it to run? After I extract I usually get a notification to install through all but I get nothing.... all I have is just the folder unzipped
For android the file isn't uploaded as a zip, it's just an APK, so it should install like any side loaded app.

Using my data cable, I connect it to my computer, drag and drop the file into a folder on my phone (downloads in this case), navigate to the folder and tap the icon, then keep clicking the "yes I fucking want to install this" button over and over as android panics that the app didn't come off google play.

Then it works like any other app.

I also dug my old s6 out and tried it there and it works as well. I don't have access to an s10+ but I'll see if I can find an emulator for one.

Thioigg7

Aug 12, 2020
For android the file isn't uploaded as a zip, it's just an APK, so it should install like any side loaded app.

Using my data cable, I connect it to my computer, drag and drop the file into a folder on my phone (downloads in this case), navigate to the folder and tap the icon, then keep clicking the "yes I fucking want to install this" button over and over as android panics that the app didn't come off google play.

Then it works like any other app.

I also dug my old s6 out and tried it there and it works as well. I don't have access to an s10+ but I'll see if I can find an emulator for one.
Ik it's an apk but nothing happens lol usually I have something to click on. Also I downloaded it directly to my phone. I have files but nothing happens so idk

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Ik it's an apk but nothing happens lol usually I have something to click on. Also I downloaded it directly to my phone. I have files but nothing happens so idk
Yeah... sorry, I just don't know. I've spent most of my day working on this and can't find any support on it.

I hadn't really intended to publish this game on android and its not a platform I develop on so I don't have a lot of tools to work with it. And without being able to replicate the issue, I have no idea where to even start fixing it. There is no error for me to work off, google searches have turned up nothing about the issue, and round trip of build/upload/wait for someone to say it didn't work just isn't viable.

So, I'm not sure what else I can do here. Sorry, I guess it just wont work on S10+ for some strange reason?

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
Night Mirror
You are great man!
I be you mostly loayl follwer, if you do not drop this Project... Cus all hate Dev's, who usues Unity to create VN!

I have ask... You say you up Project to current* version, but current is 3mb, and i do not know... WTF mean 3mb lol

P.S. Also i already modifited GUI like fonts or textbox, and now it loking more nice even Default Setting :)

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Sure, I don't know how much detail you want, just ask about anything you specifically want to know more about. I used a bunch of different things to get the parts I needed for the game.

(. . .)
Wow, this is fascinating! Thanks a lot for writing all of this.

I was really hoping it would let me grab the dialogue, but, nope.
I wonder where the dialogue is stored then; it'd help with keeping this port updated (less things to worry about). I personally don't have experience ripping Unity games, I'll give it a look, but I'm not hopeful.

pagotoknut

Feb 20, 2020
So, I'm not sure what else I can do here. Sorry, I guess it just wont work on S10+ for some strange reason?
Yeah thats pretty weird, if this working for you and we use the same version this should work for all of us. It's look like system don't see "touch button" just a text, I think so at least

Beast8

Jul 23, 2019
First post after being a long-time lurker... Thanks so much for this! A way back home is one of the best pieces of animated smut in existence, but it's a tragedy it's so hard to play. Much respect to Ferdafs but this is truly icing on the cake.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror
You are great man!
I be you mostly loayl follwer, if you do not drop this Project... Cus all hate Dev's, who usues Unity to create VN!

I have ask... You say you up Project to current* version, but current is 3mb, and i do not know... WTF mean 3mb lol

P.S. Also i already modifited GUI like fonts or textbox, and now it loking more nice even Default Setting :)
3.9mb is the MindBlower version of the Unity game. Ferdafs sometimes releases as a "b" version beta, and an "mb" version mindblower (or additional replay gallery options). 3.9b and 3.9mb are content identical as near as I can see though.

is there a way to use the old saves for the new version?
This is the first version so... there are no old saves? If you're talking about the Unity game, that's not compatible. Sorry. This is a remake of that game, I'm not associated with it at all. Saves should work in future version... I hope...

how do you add the bugfix?
For Android, you'll have to download the apk to get r1.1.

For all other platforms, download the patch file, and extra the contents into the main fold, (where the exe files are). Choose overwite and that's it.

I wonder where the dialogue is stored then; it'd help with keeping this port updated (less things to worry about). I personally don't have experience ripping Unity games, I'll give it a look, but I'm not hopeful.
I think the dialogue is in the attribute fields of the mono scripts for Fungus (specifically the flowcharts). There are lots of these fields, but sadly, the decompile process leaves them blank. So, it doesn't seem like there is a way to get it back, at least not that I could find.

Also, as of version 3.9 I can't decompile it anymore, so even if it could get the dialogue, going forward it wouldn't help.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I don't understand the downloads on the first page.

PC and MAC only has v1.0... but there's a bugfix for 1.1.
Android has v1.1.

Was the bugfix supposed to say update? As in update to 1.1?

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
There's a mistake in the time order. Morty, on his way to visit Unity, the car shows him the visuals needed to masturbate. One of these is a picture Tricia hasn't sent yet.

Reactions: Jeancul
4.90 star(s) 97 Votes