Soup_Man

Oct 23, 2018
Found a small graphical bug, where Rick spit sort of floats inside his mouth when a burping animation plays. This happen right in the begining of the game where Rick leaves Morty, and so on, In addition right after choosing your perfered displayed age and before day 1 starts. I dont know if this is already known or that O.G Back Home also has it and has been ported over. Anyways thought I tell you.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Found a small graphical bug, where Rick spit sort of floats inside his mouth when a burping animation plays. This happen right in the begining of the game where Rick leaves Morty, and so on, In addition right after choosing your perfered displayed age and before day 1 starts. I dont know if this is already known or that O.G Back Home also has it and has been ported over. Anyways thought I tell you.
Fixed for the next version! Thanks for the catch.

villany

Dec 8, 2018
That's just sad. Morty and Beth secretly cuddling with a blanket over, and watching a movie with Jerry, in a dark room is one thing. But this is a whole another level of cucking and humiliation.
Come on, it's not like some people here wouldn't want to make Jerry cry. Hell, the show, especially the first half of the third season loved to make him even more pathetic than he usually is.

Anyway, unrelated pic

2182301 - Hunger_Games_Summer Morty_Smith Rick_and_Morty Summer_Smith xxxx52.png

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
A reminder (to everyone) to stay on topic of the game. I know there isn't much to do while we wait on the next update (well, I have stuff to do...) but this isn't an art blog, so try and keep art and topics not related to the game to a minimum.
Was thinking of saying similar, but you say it better. Like you've previously said, I try not to over do posting images. If I do, it's occasionally, and I try to make it topical.

P.S. It's possible, my posting has made others think they can do it randomly, if so, apologies.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It's been a while since I did a long rambling thoughts post as I've been pretty busy here. So now that I have a moment I thought I'd share a couple things!

First up in my running conspiracy theory of "Does Ferdafs know this exists and is adding stuff for me?!" got some gas poured on it once more. There are a couple things that jumped out at me during the last update to fan the flames. (and yes, this is mostly me being silly and having fun, and it not really supposed to be taken very seriously (and mostly me seeing connections in coincidences))

I've said more than a few times that I really enjoy Morticia and that I want more of her for a while. Wow, did we get more of her! She is in all but two of the new scenes, which was awesome! Of course, her inclusion could also be because we haven't really had a new scene with her for a LONG time now (I think the meesex scene was the last time she showed up, more than a year ago).

We also got this scene which, while not identical by any means, feels very similar
bj_sidebyside.jpg
Both with other people around them and hiding under the blanket giving a BJ. I'd like to think I inspired that new scene... so I will :p

We also had a moment with Beth talking about how she is ovulating. Talk that hasn't really come up in the unity version before but that I've pushed pretty hard in renpy. And while in the unity game there is no option to finish inside, I hope it's a sign that we are moving towards knocking up the girls!

Speaking of which, there are three things I see get asked for frequently: an unaltered port, sound/music, and pregnancy content. I'm going to skirt around the first two and talk a little bit about the third, and what the heck is taking so long with just confirming someone is preggers.

For anyone reading every page, my answer won't be much of a surprise, but there are like 89 pages, so I doubt many people have read every post (or will read this post). The reason no main characters have told you they're pregnant, is that the Unity game needs to do it first. But, why? Why not just blunder forward with it now instead of little re-occurring bits of "Oh no, he might have just got me pregnant... again?".

The answer: I don't want to write stories that might conflict with the future scenes.

This may seem silly, considering the level of things I've changed/added to the game already. A small line of text or minor interaction to say "Morty, I'm pregnant" doesn't seem that big a deal, and maybe it's not. I may just be overly cautious in this case. But despite my changes, I've tried my best not to paint myself into any corners, and this feels like painting myself to the edge of a cliff.

But, why? Surely, I could write around it (or climb down the cliff in this analogy now spiraling out of control). Let's take Summer as an example. Let's say that in the very next update I had her tell you that she is pregnant (assuming you've gone that route). Awesome! That was ease! Except, in the Unity game, you haven't even cum inside her yet. And what if she comes back and tells you she's pregnant with Jerry's baby?!

The point is, this aspect feels like a possible major plot element (which it might not be), but as with so much else, I don't know where it's headed. I don't want to make a whole bunch of stuff that comes into major conflict with future scenes, or requires me to exclude new scenes. I'm fine with things that have a low/no impact on future Unity scenes (like the Summers Spying scene I added in the last update, which is it's own subplot not in the Unity game), but big stuff sadly just has to wait until I know more about where we are headed. Hopefully, not off a cliff...

Anyhow, thanks for making it this far, I hope you had fun reading, I had fun typing! There is no real major progress to report on my end at the moment, as again, I've been busy with actual work (that pays me) and family (that I pay for), so I haven't had much game time. Will start looking over scene requests this next week and see if I can fit anything in (that's what she said) as well as put in some more design time on Do Over 2.0.

alala123

May 11, 2021
Not enough info. What Op system? Any error messages?

It is most likely an issue with Renpy in conflict with something (operating system, video driver, video codec, etc...), so most of the answers I'll have for you would be google searches around whatever error message you post.
thats the problem, i dont have a erro menssage, the game just dosent open, i click on the exe, then its loads for on sec and nothing happens,
I already tried to open 32bits and 64 both in normal mode and in administrator mode, I even tried to open it with compatibility mode but it didn't work, I don't know what happened,
now I'm waiting for an update on windows to see if it solves the problem

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
thats the problem, i dont have a erro menssage, the game just dosent open, i click on the exe, then its loads for on sec and nothing happens,
I already tried to open 32bits and 64 both in normal mode and in administrator mode, I even tried to open it with compatibility mode but it didn't work, I don't know what happened,
now I'm waiting for an update on windows to see if it solves the problem
Someone else did report a similar issue a few pages back and here is my response. Although, again, I'm not sure how much I can help here. The game starting up and stuff is all the Renpy engine which I'm using stock. And without an error message or log file there isn't much for me to go on.

Edit:
Also, also, here is a site search of the topic of renpy games not launching and possible steps to fix it: https://f95zone.to/search/164843432/?q=renpy+not+starting&o=relevance

Last edited:

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Happy to hear that we're getting more Morticia content, and I wouldn't be surprised if your work has influenced ferdafs to some degree! I get the position you're in as the adaptor of source material, of course you have to be careful with your "filler" (hate using this word in this context). Don't sweat being careful, just keep fleshing stuff out the best you can and if things break you can always circle back around to fix them later on. Keep kicking ass.

alala123

May 11, 2021
Someone else did report a similar issue a few pages back and here is my response. Although, again, I'm not sure how much I can help here. The game starting up and stuff is all the Renpy engine which I'm using stock. And without an error message or log file there isn't much for me to go on.

Edit:
Also, also, here is a site search of the topic of renpy games not launching and possible steps to fix it: https://f95zone.to/search/164843432/?q=renpy+not+starting&o=relevance
I managed to solve it, all I did was move the game folder from the desktop to disk c: , and it worked, thanks for the help

Sommion

Apr 13, 2018
It's been a while since I did a long rambling thoughts post as I've been pretty busy here. So now that I have a moment I thought I'd share a couple things!

First up in my running conspiracy theory of "Does Ferdafs know this exists and is adding stuff for me?!" got some gas poured on it once more. There are a couple things that jumped out at me during the last update to fan the flames. (and yes, this is mostly me being silly and having fun, and it not really supposed to be taken very seriously (and mostly me seeing connections in coincidences))

I've said more than a few times that I really enjoy Morticia and that I want more of her for a while. Wow, did we get more of her! She is in all but two of the new scenes, which was awesome! Of course, her inclusion could also be because we haven't really had a new scene with her for a LONG time now (I think the meesex scene was the last time she showed up, more than a year ago).

We also got this scene which, while not identical by any means, feels very similar
View attachment 1584824
Both with other people around them and hiding under the blanket giving a BJ. I'd like to think I inspired that new scene... so I will :p

We also had a moment with Beth talking about how she is ovulating. Talk that hasn't really come up in the unity version before but that I've pushed pretty hard in renpy. And while in the unity game there is no option to finish inside, I hope it's a sign that we are moving towards knocking up the girls!

Speaking of which, there are three things I see get asked for frequently: an unaltered port, sound/music, and pregnancy content. I'm going to skirt around the first two and talk a little bit about the third, and what the heck is taking so long with just confirming someone is preggers.

For anyone reading every page, my answer won't be much of a surprise, but there are like 89 pages, so I doubt many people have read every post (or will read this post). The reason no main characters have told you they're pregnant, is that the Unity game needs to do it first. But, why? Why not just blunder forward with it now instead of little re-occurring bits of "Oh no, he might have just got me pregnant... again?".

The answer: I don't want to write stories that might conflict with the future scenes.

This may seem silly, considering the level of things I've changed/added to the game already. A small line of text or minor interaction to say "Morty, I'm pregnant" doesn't seem that big a deal, and maybe it's not. I may just be overly cautious in this case. But despite my changes, I've tried my best not to paint myself into any corners, and this feels like painting myself to the edge of a cliff.

But, why? Surely, I could write around it (or climb down the cliff in this analogy now spiraling out of control). Let's take Summer as an example. Let's say that in the very next update I had her tell you that she is pregnant (assuming you've gone that route). Awesome! That was ease! Except, in the Unity game, you haven't even cum inside her yet. And what if she comes back and tells you she's pregnant with Jerry's baby?!

The point is, this aspect feels like a possible major plot element (which it might not be), but as with so much else, I don't know where it's headed. I don't want to make a whole bunch of stuff that comes into major conflict with future scenes, or requires me to exclude new scenes. I'm fine with things that have a low/no impact on future Unity scenes (like the Summers Spying scene I added in the last update, which is it's own subplot not in the Unity game), but big stuff sadly just has to wait until I know more about where we are headed. Hopefully, not off a cliff...

Anyhow, thanks for making it this far, I hope you had fun reading, I had fun typing! There is no real major progress to report on my end at the moment, as again, I've been busy with actual work (that pays me) and family (that I pay for), so I haven't had much game time. Will start looking over scene requests this next week and see if I can fit anything in (that's what she said) as well as put in some more design time on Do Over 2.0.
yeah, from that, Im with you about the pregnancy, I would love see it already, but is best wait if Ferdafs includes it officially in the game, if he finish the game and he doesnt include it, then you have green card there to add it. About Morticia, Im also want more Morticia stuff ^^

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
yeah, from that, Im with you about the pregnancy, I would love see it already, but is best wait if Ferdafs includes it officially in the game, if he finish the game and he doesnt include it, then you have green card there to add it. About Morticia, Im also want more Morticia stuff ^^
I am hoping we do start to get pregnancy content sooner rather than never. But, yeah, if we never get it I will go back and include it throughout (yeah, I know backtracking is a pain in the butt, but not much I can do about it, behold the bane of early access adaptation).

Sadly, I think it's unlikely we get more Morticia with the next main update from Ferdafs (although I always hope for more of her). We just got a big section with her and in the unity game she is more of a background character, so in general she tends to get less content. If she is missing, I will try and sneak her in (when possible) along with Wild Summer (again, when possible).

Soup_Man

Oct 23, 2018
Found a graphical error this time. This happens on day 17 after you get back from the citadel for mega seeds w/ mortica, and during the option to peep on summer masterbating, this is seven lines in after the option to choose. There yoy can find two "m"'s in the word "my". Picture for refrance. Thank You.

Edit; went back to see if any sex option effect this line, and it does, (Condom path)

Side Note; Even though you can skip the sex scene w/ summer, she still has the lines as if you two had unprotected sex which was weird and dosent really makes sence there. Anyways idk if you want to do something with that info.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Found a graphical error this time. This happens on day 17 after you get back from the citadel for mega seeds w/ mortica, and during the option to peep on summer masterbating, this is seven lines in after the option to choose. There yoy can find two "m"'s in the word "my". Picture for refrance. Thank You.

Edit; went back to see if any sex option effect this line, and it does, (Condom path)

Side Note; Even though you can skip the sex scene w/ summer, she still has the lines as if you two had unprotected sex which was weird and dosent really makes sence there. Anyways idk if you want to do something with that info.
Thanks for the spot! Just a typo from the new family toggle (honestly I expected a lot more of them to slip through (that's what she said?) since I changed something like 30,000 lines). Easily fixed and will be in for the next update.

So, "skip" pretty much always means you the player are choosing not to see content, but the scene still "happens". There is reminder text that pops up about it the first time you skip a scene (and I double checked this one does have it), that says "Skipping does not have a story impact".

For some "skip" options I have added flavor text (instead of a cut to black), which is what I think is causing the confusion in this case. However, I have said before, this isn't really a branching game. Making full paths for every choice is WAY beyond the scope of what I can do for this project. Most choice only have minor dialog callbacks later, or give you different sex options during the scene.

So, yeah, it is a bit odd, but the "skip" option is more of an avoidance tool than a gameplay choice. It's not a branch path, it's a "NOPE" button.

Reactions: PussMaster

villany

Dec 8, 2018
If pregnancy gets implemented in the game, do you think we will just hear them say "I'm pregnant with your baby" at the end, or we will see them developing full on pregnant bellies and then cut to them holding Morty's baby?

Reactions: ohcmonrest
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes