Yewholurks

Feb 7, 2021
I didn't hit ignore because I thought it wasn't going to be necessary. It's a shame nobody can't take criticism here, though, so I might as well.
Not that I would agree with you, but how would you fix the problems with ferdaf's port? Like you say that it's the bare minimum now i won't agree nor disagree. But what would you do differently? Cause there's a big subsect of people who frequent the original and come away with having problems

1) i.e infinite loops off of continuations
2) text cannot be skipped nor can it easily be back traced
3) or for what should be an "open world" a lot of that world is pointless and only has use for one section than is never needed again (i.e money you just get infinite money and maybe have to use it once).

Tl;dr i'm just curious what you would do to help alleviate the ports problems? Well have a nice day hope you can give a detailed response back : )

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
The second thing I want to do is some reworking of the "Do Over" menu. It's... passable in it's current state, but not great, especially on small Android devices where, holy shit, it is almost unusable (sorry android users :cry:). So I'd like to take another pass at making it visually more robust (and functionally the same or similar). The thing holding me back is that I don't know what that change looks like. I've tried a couple different designs for it, and I hate them all.
What do you think of having all of the girls' do over menus having their own screen per girl, like Mind Blowers? As for age and name settings, give Morty an entry too?
do over catcept.png

Oh, and merry happy holidays.
: p

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
What do you think of having all of the girls' do over menus having their own screen per girl, like Mind Blowers? As for age and name settings, give Morty an entry too?
Yep, that is the plan/goal. Do Over with stats is the general idea I'm working towards. I've toyed around with about a dozen different layouts for it but don't like the way any of them work/function. The biggest upside is that it allows more than five characters (and includes (Rick and) Morty and his stats) and would let the user change/customize multiple things. The downside is that there is an extra click to change pages to each character. It's mostly at the early concept step right now of trying to find a design I like (and decide if it's honestly something I want the game to have at all).

Have been pretty busy the last week and haven't been able to spend any time on the project. Most likely won't do anything until Jan (or the Tricia update suddenly drops).

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
Hi, Night Mirror. I'm one of your first supporters. I haven't been able to access this site for a long time due to a computer malfunction and my college exams. When I logged in, the first thing I did was download a new version of your game. And I have to say, you've done a great job. After playing the game, I wanted to look at this thread, and I got angry when I saw that another dev called you lazy. I know it's over and it's been a while. But I still want to tell you that you are not lazy and that you are a good dev who does his best to make the players happy. I mean, you didn't have to do everything you've done so far, but you did. That's mean you're too far from being lazy. And we, as players, have loved and continue to love what you have done from the very beginning. I mean, no dev has ever added extra scenes and dialogues to the game for me before. And this makes sense to me. Just know that you're my favorite dev. Btw, I hope it's not ridiculous and weird that I'm writing this things. Because I'm a little drunk right now.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hi, Night Mirror. I'm one of your first supporters. I haven't been able to access this site for a long time due to a computer malfunction and my college exams.
Glad to see you back again! Your roommate popped in a while back to say you were having account troubles, so good that you got it sorted out. (and I certainly do remember you, you have scene credits in the game (under information > credits))

When I logged in, the first thing I did was download a new version of your game. And I have to say, you've done a great job.
Happy to hear that you enjoyed the update, I worked my butt off to get it turned around and flesh it out some (and ended up adding WAY more scenes than planned). I've reviewed it a couple times since to see if I might have added anything else/done something different and I'm mostly happy with the way it went (minus the number of bugs that still managed to slip past!).

After playing the game, I wanted to look at this thread, and I got angry when I saw that another dev called you lazy. I know it's over and it's been a while.
Yeah, have to say it didn't feel super great reading those posts. I do try to listen to all criticism I get (because it's very hard to tell if something I think is fine actually works for other people), and often players do have great suggestions to make the game better (like the scene requests you gave me). Of course, at the end of the day I have to make the game I want to play, so there are just some things I'm not gonna change, and I try to be as honest as I can when I don't think something will work.

I don't want to spend a lot of words going over it again, so I'll be brief. Being called "lazy" was/is pretty frustrating, when I've put more than 2000 hours into a passion project. But, I think the intent (if not the words) was "spend more time making things look pretty" like a custom UI or a better fitting story or different gameplay, rather than the insult they came across as.

I've already talked extensively about some of the unevenness of the story, so it is something I'm aware of (although, again, I don't agree with this posters particular examples). But I haven't really talked about the UI much. Again, I'll try and be as brief as I can (failed) but, I really like the base renpy UI. I like it's simplicity and ease of use. I like it's color (readability) and layout. And I sort of hate when games build elaborate custom main menus where I can't find the fucking buttons, or they move menu to menu. So the UI design is preference, I like the way it looks. And again, not everyone will, but I didn't make the game for everyone, I made it for me.

(also, also, it's the internet, I just sort expect people to hate on me by default and I'm more surprised when people like my stuff)

But I still want to tell you that you are not lazy and that you are a good dev who does his best to make the players happy. I mean, you didn't have to do everything you've done so far, but you did. That's mean you're too far from being lazy. And we, as players, have loved and continue to love what you have done from the very beginning. I mean, no dev has ever added extra scenes and dialogues to the game for me before. And this makes sense to me.
Thanks! That really means a lot of me (seriously, it does). It's always good to hear that people are enjoying the work I do. The support from this thread has been pretty awesome for the most part and certainly drives me to keep doing more.

Just know that you're my favorite dev.
Aww, now you're makin me blush!

Btw, I hope it's not ridiculous and weird that I'm writing this things. Because I'm a little drunk right now.
Nah, you're fine. Post like these are my favorite!

PussMaster

Jul 23, 2021
WatsonTouya a bit late but I just found out that you contributed a lot to the artwork and scenes in the latest update. Your improved Day 12 Morticia additional scene, as well as the hug artwork is beautiful mate. Just wanted to request that, if you ever feel like it, and have time, please improve the rest of the other Moticia scenes as well (that NightMirror improvised at the time), since she doesn't get much love from Ferdafs.

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
Glad to see you back again! Your roommate popped in a while back to say you were having account troubles, so good that you got it sorted out.
Thank you.

(and I certainly do remember you, you have scene credits in the game (under information > credits))
I can't believe I haven't noticed this so far. It's great that my name is included in a game! Thank you so much for this.

So it was you who drank my tequila?! :mad:
Nope. I'm pretty sure it was someone else :whistle:

Kananartans

Dec 19, 2019
What kind of Tequila gets you only a little drunk ?
You don't know this guy... He's my roommate, and I've seen him drink a lot of times. But no matter how much he drinks, he can't get completely drunk. We once played a game where the first person to get drunk would lose. This game had simple rules. When your opponent drinks a glass, you have to drink too, if you don't drink, you will be disqualified. If you vomit, you will be disqualified. He first defeated his first opponent. Then he played with two other opponents without even a break and decisively won. To make sure that he was not drunk, we walked him on a straight line and asked some questions. He walked on the line quite neatly and answered all our questions in a normal way. But I'm pretty sure he was a little drunk because when we did these tests on the others, he had some pretty funny laughs. It was really funny to watch his opponents, only one of them was able to walk in a straight line, but he also gave funny answers to our questions.

Reactions: Kane_Freeman

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
What I get for trying to be funny...

You don't know this guy... He's my roommate, and I've seen him drink a lot of times. But no matter how much he drinks....
That's a useful party piece...in all seriousness though, you might wanna get that checked.

Had a buddy in college, big guy, could drink loads - never looked it.

He had something wrong with his stomach, didn't end well...and I kind of miss him...

Not to freak you out though, could be very good discipline/self control ;)

I had to give it up, took the booze ages to find my two braincells - but when they were found, pure kaos ensured...

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
What I get for trying to be funny...

That's a useful party piece...in all seriousness though, you might wanna get that checked.

Had a buddy in college, big guy, could drink loads - never looked it.

He had something wrong with his stomach, didn't end well...and I kind of miss him...

Not to freak you out though, could be very good discipline/self control ;)

I had to give it up, took the booze ages to find my two braincells - but when they were found, pure kaos ensured...
I've had this checked before. The doctor said I didn't have a problem, I just had a high alcohol tolerance. I think he say it was about genetic reasons. I used to drink maybe a little too much, but I don't drink that much anymore so that it doesn't cause any health problems. But as my roommate mentioned, I can never get fully drunk, and this can sometimes be an annoying situation. I mean, if I can't get drunk, what's the point of not drinking? But there are also pluses in this. For example, because you are always sober, you can have fun seeing the funny things of your drunk friends who drink with you because you are sober, and you can have more fun telling them what they do when they get sober. And as the only one who's sober, you can shepherd a herd of drunks. By the way, you're right the last time you said it. Because I am a good self-controlled and disciplined (and maybe a little egoistic :cool:) person.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I never handled my booze well. My dad used to joke that it only took my mum two rum and cokes before she became tired and emotional. I must have taken after her a bit in that department. I'm Scottish, too, which just goes to prove the "No true Scotsman" fallacy. I gave up drinking quite young and would take other things instead. I also worked in bars for a bit, which made me realise I hate being sober around drunk people. There's only one drunk I like these days ...

1704513 - Beth_Smith Friday_the_13th Jason_Voorhees Morty_Smith Rick_and_Morty Shadman crossover.jpg

AXE2501

Dec 6, 2019
I never handled my booze well. My dad used to joke that it only took my mum two rum and cokes before she became tired and emotional. I must have taken after her a bit in that department. I'm Scottish, too, which just goes to prove the "No true Scotsman" fallacy. I gave up drinking quite young and would take other things instead. I also worked in bars for a bit, which made me realise I hate being sober around drunk people. There's only one drunk I like these days ...

View attachment 1568293
Don't feel bad, I can handle whiskey and tequila but I cant even tolerate a single drop of vodka with out getting ill. I guess each person has something they can tank better than others.

Human15651

Oct 16, 2017
Don't feel bad, I can handle whiskey and tequila but I cant even tolerate a single drop of vodka with out getting ill. I guess each person has something they can tank better than others.
Vodka is good but i hear terrible rumors of it being mixed with other inferior liquids such as "juice"

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes