wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
It's called 'Bickering until next release'

If we weren't to bicker, we'd go mad :p
There is some "bickering", but I think most of it, in the last day or so, has just been a bit of fun banter on things we like and perhaps hope for in the future. Yea, we did have a bit of a go at people that like to complain, but the irony of doing that is quite delicious.

... we'd go mad
Speak for yourself. :p

"Wibble!"

Reactions: genericbutcoolname

gambit87

Dec 27, 2017
As always, until Ferdafs makes the first move here, we just have to wait on Beth finding out about her kids fucking each other. I do have a good idea of how I think she should react, but the final implementation will depend on what we get from Ferdafs.

I... don't really like pateron as a platform. *very long rant deleted* But this is my biggest worry, that some righteous group of assholes will target the game to remove it.

Well, that is why you can set Morty(and by extension Morticia)'s age right at the start. And with the next release, you'll be able to tweak all (well, most) character ages to your liking! (even if not all of them are actually brought up in game). That is why I put the age feature in, so players could choose whatever they are comfortable/enjoy.
I'm guessing Beth will be shocked at first, but then she'll be sexually aroused as well. But that will also be embarrassing for her.
Things get really exciting when Beth realizes that Morty may have gotten Summer (one or both) pregnant.
We better not even talk about the non-family relationships, especially Tricia, and possible pregnancies there.
But of course wait and see when Ferdaf makes a scene like that.
In addition, there may also be a scene added to this game (Good Morty - Bad Morty). Then maybe the dialogues would have to vary a bit.

But that's for the future.

gambit87

Dec 27, 2017
i mean, yeah. she definitely does like morty, considering that she's had sex with him on numerous occasions and masturbates to him (and she gets jealous when he talks to jessica, implying she has romantic feelings for him as well as sexual). i'm not denying that. but i think tricia likes both men and women, as she seems pretty into summer (and maybe morticia?)

of course, this is just my personal headcanon lol. im not saying my opinion is fact, it's just fun to think about the girls' backstories/motivations imo
I think all of the major female characters here are more or less bisexual.

Morticia is clearly more into Jessica and also somewhat into both Summers

Summer also clearly has sexual feelings for Tricia (although she doesn't really admit it yet). The same goes for Wild Summer and Morticia.

Although Beth has sex with another woman once, she clearly still lacks the right female partner here.
That's why I'm still hoping for Space Beth. The two would make a hot couple too. Alternatives would be Nazi Beth or Keara.

Tricia is clearly into Summer. But she doesn't want to say it or admit it to herself just yet

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020

Summer also clearly has sexual feelings for Tricia (although she doesn't really admit it yet). The same goes for Wild Summer and Morticia.

Although Beth has sex with another woman once, she clearly still lacks the right female partner here.
That's why I'm still hoping for Space Beth. The two would make a hot couple too. Alternatives would be Nazi Beth or Keara.

Tricia is clearly into Summer. But she doesn't want to say it or admit it to herself just yet
I really wanna see Space Beth enter ... erm come ... err be part of the story. She is obviously "adventurous" and would likely be up for some kinky fun. I came across some fan art (oh stop it!), showing Space Beth has been having fun with all sorts of aliens (and their weird shaped penises), when she's not killing them.

I also found some Summer fan art that made me chuckle. After the recent Chud story, Summer is searching Beth's underwear drawer, and makes a shocking discovery!. o_O

f944297e0441bb7cd454e7a003f8f33e.jpg 4424989 - Beth_Smith Rick_and_Morty SlashySmiley Summer_Smith.jpg

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
i'm really looking forward to the new update ! any estimates on when it will be done?
As I said in my What and When Post, my guess is late June or (late) July for the next Unity drop date. I don't put out standalone updates (other than bug fixes), I only post new releases when there is new content from Ferdafs.

Bug in day 15 when Summer go to date... Instead of Summer, Morticia speaks.
o "The fake date to make Ethan jealous you dummy!"
o "The thing I let you use my boobs so you'd agree to do it!"
Ha, I've watched this scene dozens of times and never caught that! I guess that is an issue with having their name colors be so similar. Anyhow, fixed for the next update, thanks for the find!

Jan 24, 2022
As I said in my What and When Post, my guess is late June or (late) July for the next Unity drop date. I don't put out standalone updates (other than bug fixes), I only post new releases when there is new content from Ferdafs.

Ha, I've watched this scene dozens of times and never caught that! I guess that is an issue with having their name colors be so similar. Anyhow, fixed for the next update, thanks for the find!
sorry i forgot to clarify, i wanted to ask about the age modification update/character descriptions and the like. do you know when you can expect to be done with those?

Jan 24, 2022

hell yes, i love this take/analysis !

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
sorry i forgot to clarify, i wanted to ask about the age modification update/character descriptions and the like. do you know when you can expect to be done with those?
In the next update (r3.6). The majority of the implementation is completed already, I just have some additional testing and clean-up on the pages to go. I might also do a bit more age inserting throughout the game for some characters as well (but that one is a maybe)

Jan 24, 2022
Backstory: a couple of days ago, I realised that the script/dialogue files for "Another Way Home" were accessible, and immediately used it to dick around (for instance, I made Jerry say "I'm a stinky poo poo head" for no reason at all other than me being a mature and responsible individual).

However, I then realised that I could make serious edits. (I tried to make a joke "Gravity Falls" edit for a friend I play the game with, but nothing came out of that). So I've been using the scripts to basically write long, unnecessarily plotty "Another Way Home" fanfiction, adding characterization and arcs that I think would be fun to explore.

My points are as following:

1. Coding is really, really hard, even if you're a dimwit who is making only dialogue edits exclusively for her own entertainment.

2. I'm now working on incorporating Summer's insecurity further into her "I need to impress Ethan" plotline (as I feel it would have been interesting to be used more). In it, I also wrote this semi-funny joke I feel some of you would appreciate.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Backstory: a couple of days ago, I realised that the script/dialogue files for "Another Way Home" were accessible, and immediately used it to dick around (for instance, I made Jerry say "I'm a stinky poo poo head" for no reason at all other than me being a mature and responsible individual).

However, I then realised that I could make serious edits. (I tried to make a joke "Gravity Falls" edit for a friend I play the game with, but nothing came out of that). So I've been using the scripts to basically write long, unnecessarily plotty "Another Way Home" fanfiction, adding characterization and arcs that I think would be fun to explore.

My points are as following:

1. Coding is really, really hard, even if you're a dimwit who is making only dialogue edits exclusively for her own entertainment.

2. I'm now working on incorporating Summer's insecurity further into her "I need to impress Ethan" plotline (as I feel it would have been interesting to be used more). In it, I also wrote this semi-funny joke I feel some of you would appreciate.
I mean... that is this whole project in a nutshell (to more than a few people's dismay), taking something that already existsed and writing my own twisted fan-fic into it... :p (although, getting it out of unity was considerably more work)

But, yes, I intentionally left the script files easily accessible so that people can modify them and write in/change whatever they wanted to.

While not as helpful as I would like it to be, here is my cheat sheet for poses:
expression_sheet.png
It is missing a few new ones, doesn't show arm or clothing options, but is very useful (for the most part). I do wish I had made some different choices with a things (such as having all characters face the same direction, and being WAY more strict on similar expressions in similar spots (i.e. summer's smile being slot 5 instead of slot 1 like mostly everyone else)), but live an learn.

Anyhow, there are LOTs of examples in the code as to how to use them in poses (and if you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to explain), so have fun, make something awesome!

Reactions: genericbutcoolname
Jan 24, 2022
I mean... that is this whole project in a nutshell (to more than a few people's dismay), taking something that already existsed and writing my own twisted fan-fic into it... :p (although, getting it out of unity was considerably more work)

But, yes, I intentionally left the script files easily accessible so that people can modify them and write in/change whatever they wanted to.

While not as helpful as I would like it to be, here is my cheat sheet for poses:
View attachment 1784104
It is missing a few new ones, doesn't show arm or clothing options, but is very useful (for the most part). I do wish I had made some different choices with a things (such as having all characters face the same direction, and being WAY more strict on similar expressions in similar spots (i.e. summer's smile being slot 5 instead of slot 1 like mostly everyone else)), but live an learn.

Anyhow, there are LOTs of examples in the code as to how to use them in poses (and if you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to explain), so have fun, make something awesome!
oh my god seriously thank you !!! i was actually struggling a lot with the facial expressions. i didnt understand what the numbers meant and why some parts of faces changed but not others omg. this is a godsend seriously tysm <3

Jan 24, 2022

View attachment 1784104

oh also : does this have morticia's anywhere, or are they the same as morty's haha

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
oh also : does this have morticia's anywhere, or are they the same as morty's haha
Almost identical to Morty's. Brow 6 is different (and looks ugly as heck when used on Morticia). Mouth 2 is the only one with a completely different part, and all her mouths are slightly smaller but the same part otherwise. Also note that because her head is also different (mostly eye shape), some expressions will look odd on her.

Also, I've now spent hundreds of hours on posing work, and I still find it really, really, really tedious. It is by far one of the slowest parts of updates, since I mostly try to match the ones from the unity version... one at a time, line by line...

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
This is another post about the slicing progress, as always feel free to skip if you don't care. I know it's not really that exciting, but it's what I'm working on at the moment (I see sliced images in my nightmares...), so I'm gonna talk (well write) a bit about it.

I've made some very good progress into slicing (slower than I wanted it to be, but what can you do?) and I'm closing in on finishing up the first major leg of the process, the actual image slicing. When I started I was trying to do all the steps in order for each scene (slice, draw blinks, declare, and display images), but that was really slow and made it hard to get into the flow, since I kept switching tasks.

So, I've mostly just focused on slicing this past week, and with the new script I wrote to help auto slice stuff, it has been much faster. The script doesn't always work, and I get some horrid results sometimes, and I often have to do a lot of clean up by hand, but when it works, it is amazingly fast! More complex images take multiple slicing passes to work, but still faster than doing it all by hand.

Looking at the total images, I'm at about the half way point~ish (9500~ish sliceable, I've processed about 5000~ish of them). And the project size (just the images part) has dropped significantly (before compression). The original size of all sliceable images in game was 6GBs of images, not counting things like backgrounds, characters, or thumbnails, which can't really be sliced. The current size is ~4GB (again, not counting video files, or non sliceable images), with the remaining items left to slice making up about 3GB of that.

Looking at size reduction so far, I'm expecting that 3GB to come down to about 500-600MB, which means, when this is all done, all image files, uncompressed will be roughly around 2GBs.

Anyhow, this has taken an insane amount of time and energy, and I'm still a LONG way from finishing it. While it has helped me spot some errors (and correct them) in a few images, as well as add minor additional animations here and there (nothing major, just some extra hand movements and such), I'm still not sure if this whole thing was/will be worth it. As I'm sure no matter how small I get the game, someone will always complain it's too big... And I'm not sure anyone except me really cares about any of this (it is certainly not as exciting as new scenes or features).

And on that note, I also wanted to share one of the bizarre images (of many) that came out of the auto script. I had to fix it by hand and the second image is the cleaned up result. But I get weird shit like that all the time.
wtf.png 15.png

Anyhow... thanks for reading.

Reactions: PussMaster

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
So, wait, are you saying you hit the skip button on RL Tricia?! How will you ever get enough points to go home a this rate?!
I'm still not sure if this whole thing was/will be worth it.
The real home all along wase the points we made along the way.
I guess doing something no matter how uncertain you are about it is one way to prove your assertiveness. . . maybe.

also blshornoblsh!?
i like blush
: p
Screenshot (316).png Screenshot (317).png

Jan 24, 2022
This is another post about the slicing progress, as always feel free to skip if you don't care. I know it's not really that exciting, but it's what I'm working on at the moment (I see sliced images in my nightmares...), so I'm gonna talk (well write) a bit about it.

I've made some very good progress into slicing (slower than I wanted it to be, but what can you do?) and I'm closing in on finishing up the first major leg of the process, the actual image slicing. When I started I was trying to do all the steps in order for each scene (slice, draw blinks, declare, and display images), but that was really slow and made it hard to get into the flow, since I kept switching tasks.

So, I've mostly just focused on slicing this past week, and with the new script I wrote to help auto slice stuff, it has been much faster. The script doesn't always work, and I get some horrid results sometimes, and I often have to do a lot of clean up by hand, but when it works, it is amazingly fast! More complex images take multiple slicing passes to work, but still faster than doing it all by hand.

Looking at the total images, I'm at about the half way point~ish (9500~ish sliceable, I've processed about 5000~ish of them). And the project size (just the images part) has dropped significantly (before compression). The original size of all sliceable images in game was 6GBs of images, not counting things like backgrounds, characters, or thumbnails, which can't really be sliced. The current size is ~4GB (again, not counting video files, or non sliceable images), with the remaining items left to slice making up about 3GB of that.

Looking at size reduction so far, I'm expecting that 3GB to come down to about 500-600MB, which means, when this is all done, all image files, uncompressed will be roughly around 2GBs.

Anyhow, this has taken an insane amount of time and energy, and I'm still a LONG way from finishing it. While it has helped me spot some errors (and correct them) in a few images, as well as add minor additional animations here and there (nothing major, just some extra hand movements and such), I'm still not sure if this whole thing was/will be worth it. As I'm sure no matter how small I get the game, someone will always complain it's too big... And I'm not sure anyone except me really cares about any of this (it is certainly not as exciting as new scenes or features).

And on that note, I also wanted to share one of the bizarre images (of many) that came out of the auto script. I had to fix it by hand and the second image is the cleaned up result. But I get weird shit like that all the time.
View attachment 1784845 View attachment 1784847

Anyhow... thanks for reading.
that image is hilarious. another way home: existential horror edition.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes