bob_bit123

Dec 3, 2020
Night Mirror. Quick renpy question. I like using the self voicing on the mac to read the story back, but for some reason it won't work with the auto forward dialogue button. It would be cool if you could have the auto forward work along side the self voicing. Is this possible?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror. Quick renpy question. I like using the self voicing on the mac to read the story back, but for some reason it won't work with the auto forward dialogue button. It would be cool if you could have the auto forward work along side the self voicing. Is this possible?
Huh, no idea why that doesn't work, but I'll look into it an see if I can do anything about it.

Edit:
Looks like was opened as an issue back in 2019, with no resolution yet. So, sorry, not sure I can do anything about it.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 Additional Feature (Rename)

While I continue work on stuff (*cough* need a break from slicing), I found time to slip in a bonus feature I've been mulling over for a while now. This one's not fully finalized yet (although the major aspect is implemented). It still needs some tweaking (and a whole lot of testing), but this felt like a good time to get it done (since I am resetting saves anyhow with r3.6, and this would for-suresies make them explode).

wip_3.6_doover_beth_2.png wip_3.6_doover_beth_3.png
With the next update (and as part of the Do Over 2.0 improvements), you will have the ability to rename any of the characters listed in the Do Over menu (so if a character has an icon in the image above, they can be renamed (first name only)). This will not be an "in-story" input. That means you won't be prompted during game play to change Morty (or anyone elses) name and name changes will have no impact on the story. You can only change character names from the edit button on the Do Over menu.

I'm not sure if I'm going to change any dialog where names are a focus (like Summer and Summer, how the characters keep pointing out that them having the same name is confusing). Thus, changing the name of one won't change the dialog about their names being the same (even if you make them different). I may play with it later when I need another break from slicing.

This is intended more as an extra feature rather than a main game mechanic. You don't have to change any names if you don't want, but the option will be there for anyone that wants it.

Additionally, two new extra name fields have been added for some characters (Beth, Summer, and Morticia (I'm not sure if their alternate versions will have their own)). There are two fields: Nickname and Petname. These will be setable via prompt in-story (the same way Beth prompts you about "sweetie" early on). I'm still working out when/where the prompts will go (most likely spread out).

Nickname is what others will sometimes call you (again, like Beth does now). And Petname is what you will sometimes call them. The idea here is to help break up some repetition in the dialog, and add some additional customization (if desired). This whole system will be layered in with "Relationships", so if you want different main names, and "Bro/Sis" stuff, plus "nickname/petname" you can do that. Or, if you only want "nickname" for one character, you can do that too. And if you don't want any of it, you'll be able to just use default names.

Again, the idea here is choice. If you like the current way names are presented in the game, you can keep using that with no extra hassle.

Anyhow... thanks for reading! Thanks for playing! Stay awesome!

Jan 24, 2022
r3.6 Additional Feature (Rename)

While I continue work on stuff (*cough* need a break from slicing), I found time to slip in a bonus feature I've been mulling over for a while now. This one's not fully finalized yet (although the major aspect is implemented). It still needs some tweaking (and a whole lot of testing), but this felt like a good time to get it done (since I am resetting saves anyhow with r3.6, and this would for-suresies make them explode).

View attachment 1788433 View attachment 1788434
With the next update (and as part of the Do Over 2.0 improvements), you will have the ability to rename any of the characters listed in the Do Over menu (so if a character has an icon in the image above, they can be renamed (first name only)). This will not be an "in-story" input. That means you won't be prompted during game play to change Morty (or anyone elses) name and name changes will have no impact on the story. You can only change character names from the edit button on the Do Over menu.

I'm not sure if I'm going to change any dialog where names are a focus (like Summer and Summer, how the characters keep pointing out that them having the same name is confusing). Thus, changing the name of one won't change the dialog about their names being the same (even if you make them different). I may play with it later when I need another break from slicing.

This is intended more as an extra feature rather than a main game mechanic. You don't have to change any names if you don't want, but the option will be there for anyone that wants it.

Additionally, two new extra name fields have been added for some characters (Beth, Summer, and Morticia (I'm not sure if their alternate versions will have their own)). There are two fields: Nickname and Petname. These will be setable via prompt in-story (the same way Beth prompts you about "sweetie" early on). I'm still working out when/where the prompts will go (most likely spread out).

Nickname is what others will sometimes call you (again, like Beth does now). And Petname is what you will sometimes call them. The idea here is to help break up some repetition in the dialog, and add some additional customization (if desired). This whole system will be layered in with "Relationships", so if you want different main names, and "Bro/Sis" stuff, plus "nickname/petname" you can do that. Or, if you only want "nickname" for one character, you can do that too. And if you don't want any of it, you'll be able to just use default names.

Again, the idea here is choice. If you like the current way names are presented in the game, you can keep using that with no extra hassle.

Anyhow... thanks for reading! Thanks for playing! Stay awesome!
holy shit that's so cool ! super excited omg

Jan 24, 2022
i need the update so baaaadd literally i hate this waiting period

(i know night mirror can't do anything about this because we're waiting on a way back home, and also that game development takes time. i'm not blaming anyone at all lol, i'm just impaaatieeenttt)

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
i need the update so baaaadd literally i hate this waiting period

(i know night mirror can't do anything about this because we're waiting on a way back home, and also that game development takes time. i'm not blaming anyone at all lol, i'm just impaaatieeenttt)
Me too? I mean, I'm excited to share the next big update.

Also, as a fun side note, I'm using the distribution build of r3.5 to ensure scene match with the new sliced images, as I have to line-by-line update the "show" code for each image (the same way I usually do it with the Unity version). And every time I re-open r3.5, I notice missing features from r3.6 and get a little frustrated. Which is a good sign that some of the changes should be good quality of life improvements.

Jan 24, 2022
Me too? I mean, I'm excited to share the next big update.

Also, as a fun side note, I'm using the distribution build of r3.5 to ensure scene match with the new sliced images, as I have to line-by-line update the "show" code for each image (the same way I usually do it with the Unity version). And every time I re-open r3.5, I notice missing features from r3.6 and get a little frustrated. Which is a good sign that some of the changes should be good quality of life improvements.
yayyy im so excited !! this isn't really relevant to the discussion so sorry but thank you so much for how hard you work on this game for literally no money at all. making funny little dialogue edits took me an hour of screaming "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING DID I FORGET A QUOTATION MARK WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME" so i can't imagine how hard all that other coding stuff i'll never understand is haha

Soup_Man

Oct 23, 2018
Okay, weird question, what allows a scene to get a skip option, I feel like sex scenes always have the option to skip, but sometimes minor actions like a handjob or a blowjob sometimes do, sometimes don't get the option to skip, so if I way ask what's the rule for something to get the skip option, unless of course it just by request.
-Love, Soup.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Okay, weird question, what allows a scene to get a skip option, I feel like sex scenes always have the option to skip, but sometimes minor actions like a handjob or a blowjob sometimes do, sometimes don't get the option to skip, so if I way ask what's the rule for something to get the skip option, unless of course it just by request.
-Love, Soup.
No real rule too it, they are sprinkled where they felt most... obvious, natural? The general goal is to give players the option to bypass content they aren't interested in. I do try not to overdo them, and sometimes the minor sex acts just get overlooked (especially if it's not a scene I replay often).

If players have requests for skipable scenes, I'm happy to consider putting it in (that's what she said), as well as additional skip ahead spots for Replays (those get added whenever I'm annoyed with how long a scene is taking to get to the sex part in replay).

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

eddk

Dec 2, 2017
at this point im mostly just making conversation to distract myself from longing for an update but im genuinely curious. do any of you guys have a fav character in the game? im a huge morticia fan myself (also wild summer, i love her sm)
Beth and Tricia for me, with Beth having a slight lead. Fingers crossed for a scene with both of them at some point

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
do any of you guys have a fav character in the game?
When I first experienced the Unity game (in the long, long ago) I was mainly interested in it for Summer (still hard to find any good sexy content of her in general). But then I found myself surprised by how much I liked Tricia's expanded personality. Morticia was alright (again, in the Unity version), but I'm very happy with her changes here. I'm also excited to see where we go with Wild Summer as well (hopefully into a three way with Summer classic). And while I enjoy Beth too, I wouldn't say she is my favorite of the main cast.

I think Summer (Classic) still tops my list (as her scenes are the ones I tend to replay the most (*cough* for testing... yeah... that's totally the reason... (at the moment it actually is the main reason, damn you slicing!))), but Morticia is a close second for me as I'm a sucker for the twin thing (since, I mean, I forced that aspect into the game in the first place), with Wild Summer (because more Summer...) as near third.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes