Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r4.1 - What and When?
Apart from a minor missing images problem in one scene, it seems like no major game breaking bugs. So it's once again time to talk about the next update. Specifically, when it might arrive, and what will be in it.

As always, lets start with with the when. And as always, this is just a guess.

Looking at how things have gone this year, here are the dates to extrapolate from. The first release was Jan 31st. The announcement for 4.0 was March 22nd (so maybe we get the announcement for 4.1 next month?), and the release for 4.0 was June 22nd. That is (roughly) 5 months from 3.9 to 4.0.

If I had to guess (and, obliviously, I do), I don't think the next release is 5 months out. It is likely 3~4 months? So, my guess is on the high end and I'd say, maybe end of Oct? Which would more than likely put the renpy version in Nov. Who knows though, it could always come sooner, or later. When it does drop, I'll turn it around quick as I can.

Onto the what. While I never know what Ferdafs is going to do, I'm pretty sure it will be more vindicators. Re-reading the March post, he seems to be hinting that more vindicators are coming and will go in whenever they get finished. Whatever it turns out to be, I'll fit it in (that's what she said).

From my end, Part 7 is the next item up. It is already in (very early) production (mainly script and image sourcing). If the update is 3+ months away, it should (knock on wood) be ready for that. But, if the update comes sooner, it most likely won't be. As always I'll keep you all in the loop as best I can.

Beyond that, I have no other content plans (the conclusion take pretty much all my extra time and will power).

Next, I want to talk a bit about the future of this project. What my "short" and long term plans for it are. In the short term, I am going to work towards completing the conclusion. And I think I'm going to keep putting out the conclusion (as opposed to holding it back), with Unity updates (and not on their own). Continuing the conclusion has some negatives to it that I don't like, but I think the positives outweigh them.

The biggest negative on moving forward with the conclusion is incompatibility. Of which I'm already aware there are going to be some. While these are not major plot points, it does mean at some future date I will have to Brett Khan Retcon some elements. For example: I'm fairly sure Morty will end up having sex with Space Beth, which changes some of the context and dialogue in part 6. So, that sort of sucks (not the sex part, the changing stuff part).

But, also, people really seem to be enjoying the conclusion, and leaving it as a cliffhanger for a decade feels like a bad way to go about things. So, working towards finishing it up. Not quickly, but working towards it.

That's the "short" term plan (short in quotes because who knows how long the unity updates will take, and I don't plan to release conclusion parts on their own). The long term plan is to go back to what I was doing before. If Ferdafs keeps putting out content, I keep planning to bring it over. I still find that very enjoyable to do.

Lastly, I've had more than a few people ask/suggest I do my own game, but having spent a lot of time with the conclusion stuff, it just re-affirms how much I don't enjoy the rest of the creative process (espeically the art). While I have no plans to abandon this project, I continue to not have plans to persue my own either.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome!

Mar 13, 2023
r4.1 - What and When?
Apart from a minor missing images problem in one scene, it seems like no major game breaking bugs. So it's once again time to talk about the next update. Specifically, when it might arrive, and what will be in it.

As always, lets start with with the when. And as always, this is just a guess.

Looking at how things have gone this year, here are the dates to extrapolate from. The first release was Jan 31st. The announcement for 4.0 was March 22nd (so maybe we get the announcement for 4.1 next month?), and the release for 4.0 was June 22nd. That is (roughly) 5 months from 3.9 to 4.0.

If I had to guess (and, obliviously, I do), I don't think the next release is 5 months out. It is likely 3~4 months? So, my guess is on the high end and I'd say, maybe end of Oct? Which would more than likely put the renpy version in Nov. Who knows though, it could always come sooner, or later. When it does drop, I'll turn it around quick as I can.

Onto the what. While I never know what Ferdafs is going to do, I'm pretty sure it will be more vindicators. Re-reading the March post, he seems to be hinting that more vindicators are coming and will go in whenever they get finished. Whatever it turns out to be, I'll fit it in (that's what she said).

From my end, Part 7 is the next item up. It is already in (very early) production (mainly script and image sourcing). If the update is 3+ months away, it should (knock on wood) be ready for that. But, if the update comes sooner, it most likely won't be. As always I'll keep you all in the loop as best I can.

Beyond that, I have no other content plans (the conclusion take pretty much all my extra time and will power).

Next, I want to talk a bit about the future of this project. What my "short" and long term plans for it are. In the short term, I am going to work towards completing the conclusion. And I think I'm going to keep putting out the conclusion (as opposed to holding it back), with Unity updates (and not on their own). Continuing the conclusion has some negatives to it that I don't like, but I think the positives outweigh them.

The biggest negative on moving forward with the conclusion is incompatibility. Of which I'm already aware there are going to be some. While these are not major plot points, it does mean at some future date I will have to Brett Khan Retcon some elements. For example: I'm fairly sure Morty will end up having sex with Space Beth, which changes some of the context and dialogue in part 6. So, that sort of sucks (not the sex part, the changing stuff part).

But, also, people really seem to be enjoying the conclusion, and leaving it as a cliffhanger for a decade feels like a bad way to go about things. So, working towards finishing it up. Not quickly, but working towards it.

That's the "short" term plan (short in quotes because who knows how long the unity updates will take, and I don't plan to release conclusion parts on their own). The long term plan is to go back to what I was doing before. If Ferdafs keeps putting out content, I keep planning to bring it over. I still find that very enjoyable to do.

Lastly, I've had more than a few people ask/suggest I do my own game, but having spent a lot of time with the conclusion stuff, it just re-affirms how much I don't enjoy the rest of the creative process (espeically the art). While I have no plans to abandon this project, I continue to not have plans to persue my own either.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome!
I'll fit it in (that's what she said).............. LMAFO ................... Whatever your choices are ...........WE LUV FOR THE HARD WORK And the time your taking in putting into this game that is not you're own .................................. Just can't wait for the day for whatever games you put out to say

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes