Votes: 1,186 57.0%
  • Ruby

Votes: 492 23.7%
  • Jade

Votes: 401 19.3%

• Total voters

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
Yeah the game is probably abandonned, a shame it had potential.
Most likely event is that the dev had a sudden RL event fuck him over. Everything I've read says this dev was very good about communication before he disappeared, so I don't believe it was abandoned.

Just unsubscribe if you weren't already and wait. If he comes back, he comes back. I'm just hoping he's alive at this point.

_user

Jan 16, 2022
Most likely event is that the dev had a sudden RL event fuck him over. Everything I've read says this dev was very good about communication before he disappeared, so I don't believe it was abandoned.

Just unsubscribe if you weren't already and wait. If he comes back, he comes back. I'm just hoping he's alive at this point.
There aren't that many rl events short of death or a coma that can stop you from updating your fans. There's internet everywhere, including the hospital.
Odds are he's milking or has poor work ethic. Neither are good for the game's future.

DiddlyDuncan

Feb 27, 2018
There aren't that many rl events short of death or a coma that can stop you from updating your fans. There's internet everywhere, including the hospital.
Odds are he's milking or has poor work ethic. Neither are good for the game's future.
I doubt you can work on a game if it happens that he's indeed Russian and having to go to the front lines.

berzervan

Feb 27, 2019
When life gets in the way, less important things take the backseat. While we'd prefer otherwise, this game was NOT their primary source of income, it's a hobby. So while they gave near-weekly updates and have since gone radio silent, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, tbh.

Sometimes shit slips through the cracks, and as good as the game is, and as much as I'd like an update, I'd understand if some IRL shit happened and this fell through the cracks.

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
Ok. And? He is not contractually obligated to finishing this game regardless. You are not entitled to his time or his personal life.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

_user

Jan 16, 2022
Riggght going to your possible death i am sure going to worry about clowns on the internet about the VN i am making
Updating the projects I care about would be the first thing on my list before going "to my possible death". If the dev doesn't consider the game a priority, that's ok, real life does get in the way and priorities shift, I'm just saying it doesn't bode well for the game's future.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

dagoldwolf

Nov 21, 2021
Why do people always defend these devs that go dark with 'oh, it's his business' and 'you're not entitled to their personal life,' 'they're doing this as a hobby'

No, they aren't doing this as a hobby. This particular dev has a $50 payment tier on his Patreon.

Everyone, even in Russia, has a cell phone these days or access to the internet. It takes probably ten minutes at worst to either log on to Patreon or Discord and say 'I'm ok.'

I really don't get why y'all defend grown ass adults in lieu of the obvious; dude has peaced on his project, at least for now. Peace on your investments, too.

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes