4.30 star(s) 35 Votes

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
What a confusing design. Guess it's a parody of some sort.
Perhaps it's meant to be art, you know the type where you're not trying to appeal to people at all.
gross.png

• Angry
Reactions: drone4of2

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Perhaps it's meant to be art, you know the type where you're not trying to appeal to people at all.
View attachment 1265550
Notice how the game has 6 5-star reviews? And 22 pages of people enjoying it?

That means people like it, but it's fine if you don't. Doesn't mean you have to be rude about it though.

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
View attachment 1265550
What do you mean? If its about the tits, I've touched them up a bit like yesterday or something so they are bit more appealing, though only slightly since if I were to redraw Rina whole, I would probably get stuck redrawing everything that I am not ok with, basically all the early drawings, the later ones.. aka Ghund, Ol' Rat Eye, the small gobbo GOR are much higher quality comparatively, but getting stuck redrawing stuff is something I don't want to happen, its better to just continue and draw new event imho. As for the rest of the game.. Ive mentioned whats what many times here already.

Though if you have some critique, I am listening, one doesn't get better without hearing it out once in a while.

Reactions: Yank00

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
What do you mean? If its about the tits, I've touched them up a bit like yesterday or something so they are bit more appealing
What's the process that led to that design in the concept phase? I'd assume preference for female proportions is pretty innate and you'd use your imagination to come up with acceptable end result that resembles a human female.
Then a thing to do would be use some reference for target body, which obviously wasn't used.
I mean the assumption I get from seeing that design is you're not trying to appeal to male gaze in the first place since it's so out of the norm. What is the goal of it?

• Angry
Reactions: drone4of2

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I mean the assumption I get from seeing that design is you're not trying to appeal to male gaze in the first place since it's so out of the norm. What is the goal of it?
You expect anyone to take you seriously when you're using phrases like that? This isn't Twitter.

Also, you can be critical without being an ass, you know that, right?

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
What's the process that led to that design in the concept phase? I'd assume preference for female proportions is pretty innate and you'd use your imagination to come up with acceptable end result that resembles a human female.
Then a thing to do would be use some reference for target body, which obviously wasn't used.
The goal was to draw a girl with massive firm tits, arched back, thicc ass and long legs. I was very much trying to appeal to any gaze.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The goal was to draw a girl with massive firm tits, arched back, thicc ass and long legs. I was very much trying to appeal to any gaze.
Thats the wrong order though. Goal being to appeal you'd do "what is appealing" research and make character designs based on that.
A process to get there would be draw a normal fit young woman, draw 1 level of extra appeal to each body part, eg change proportions slightly in face, torso, thigs. Then removing some of the unappealing parts like wrinkles or irrelevant lines, or add strategic faults since humans are like that, faces are asymmetrical, moles exist and so on.
Then do a 2nd version where things are 2 levels extra, up to eleven.
Then ask around for which people think is most appealing to them, since you're incapable for determining the maximum appeal yourself. Tally up results and voila theres a generalized sellable body type you can presume to sell.

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
Thats the wrong order though. Goal being to appeal you'd do "what is appealing" research and make character designs based on that.
A process to get there would be draw a normal fit young woman, draw 1 level of extra appeal to each body part, eg change proportions slightly in face, torso, thigs. Then removing some of the unappealing parts like wrinkles or irrelevant lines, or add strategic faults since humans are like that, faces are asymmetrical, moles exist and so on.
Then ask around for which people think is most appealing to them, since you're incapable for determining the maximum appeal yourself. Tally up results and voila theres a generalized sellable body type you can presume to sell.
Well I am not selling first of all. Second, with the faults of body, beauty and so on.. I think you will be well happy to know of the existence of Ol' Rat Eye. He seems to be more of your type. Moles, asymmetric, wrinkles. I will be sure to include an event of Ol' Rat Eye getting anally drilled by an orc in due time.
ZORE_C.png

Jun 30, 2017
i think he mean the face of MC is, well not a good design combine with the body make it a confusing design......or something like that..............0.0

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
All I get from your comment is that you, personally, like a fit looking young woman, with asymmetrical faces, and moles. And again, personally, dislike the proportion of Rina's face, torso and thigh.
Nothing in your comment says why Rina's design is objectively confusing or bad and need readdressing.

Reactions: phantomz and Xill

rlgrlg

May 14, 2018
Well I am not selling first of all. Second, with the faults of body, beauty and so on.. I think you will be well happy to know of the existence of Ol' Rat Eye. He seems to be more of your type. Moles, asymmetric, wrinkles. I will be sure to include an event of Ol' Rat Eye getting anally drilled by an orc in due time.
View attachment 1266135
For a moment i thought you were actually wasting your time with a guy that thinks of himself as " capable of determining the maximum appeal ". Your art is lovely, of course there's room for improvement (is there a single piece of art that doesn't?) but it's good as it is. And you're one of the most active and responsive devs around here. Please, don't let this kind of people discourage you, you're doing great with the game and how you respond to real criticism. That's rare around here.
Looking forward for the next version!

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
I have actually decided to redraw Rina standing thing. I wont redraw rest of the pics. I've wanted to introduce wardrobe in the next update, which I will do anyways, since the code doesnt care what pic it shows. But that means I wont do any new clothes for her since I would be redrawing them anyway.

The reason behind this is quite stupid actually, I've recently lvled up drawing skill big time and at least Rina standing pose has to match the quality of the other pics that will come after this big drawing lvl up. This drawing lvl up has also shrunk down the time needed per pic by like... Well, like this: If one pic took me 8+ days at least before, I am actually confident I could draw (and mainly colour) much better one in like 3days maximum. Now that I've unlocked this ancient technique known as "watercolours" in the circles of wizards and mages of yore, I can say that everything Ive drawn so far will pale in comparison quality wise with everything that will come from this point on. I will redraw Rina standing pose once I can say that I am very comfortable using this ancient technique.

In short: Everything I will draw from now on will be much much higher quality and will take me so much less time to draw...

Edit: I really did think that brushes (water colour, oil etc.) is some high level technique that I had no chance of getting right, but after drawing the Alchemy Teacher using water colour brush for colouring, I've found out its so incredibly easy and so much faster... and so so so so much better drawing quality wise. I ain't gonna lie, I don't feel like very smart person rn.

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
I have actually decided to redraw Rina standing thing. I wont redraw rest of the pics. I've wanted to introduce wardrobe in the next update, which I will do anyways, since the code doesnt care what pic it shows. But that means I wont do any new clothes for her since I would be redrawing them anyway.
Not sure how it'll turn out. Hope it's going to be good. I personally like Rina's design so far. All the best to you.

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
Not sure how it'll turn out. Hope it's going to be good. I personally like Rina's design so far. All the best to you.
Ye tbh the quality difference is big between what I did before and what I am able to do rn.

Reactions: Xill
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes