4.30 star(s) 35 Votes

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
let me just copy paste the whole thing here from patreon:

LMAO, cant believe you guys really thought I would release on time. Fool me once... Shame on... Well... You know the drill... Rare does it again, you've been duped!

On a serious note:

I dont wanna release an incomplete update etc. From now on I wont say any dates when it comes to future updates, instead I will do some sort of timeline picture for "things to do".

When I was starting with this update, I wanted 5 event scenes etc. - Rn I am nowhere near that I am drawing the 3rd scene and the writing (which I always leave until the end because when faced with choice: fun chill drawing time vs. repetitive clickity click in RPGM, I always chose the fun chill drawing time) is like one event in.

Wagecucking, rl stuff and laziness was goofing me up big time for quite a while now and eventhough I take this whole thing seriously, it still is an hobby that I do after getting out of the wagecage. So as I've stated a couple of times before in case some of you have high expectations:

This thing doesn't pay my bills, I am doing it because I have nothing better to do and I would like to eventually develop it into full time thing instead of just a hobby. I know full well that basically everyone here is chill and all I hear most of the time is "Take it easy man, etc."

But I feel like I have to reiterate one thing, for your dudes sake.

I do not expect to be paid for this hobby of mine until I take it as a full time thing. Please, do treat me like you would treat a hobo on a street, do not sub big amounts and so on. Just the pocket change that you won't be missing.

Those of you who talk to me on discord know full well that even a year ago, when I started I was putting on blast those hgame 2k$+ patreon dudes who make an update once a year and its a one reused hscene. I would not be very happy becoming hypocrite or something. And lately whenever I overpromise ("its gonna be 5 hevents PogChamp") and underdeliver ("yeh... its 3 lmao"), I feel mighty close to something I dont wanna become.

Well now that the bad news is out, some good news:

All the pics since Rina v4 (the standing bust thingy on the side) have been quality wise at a level I feel comfortable sharing. Noice.

Now that the pictures are good enough to look at, all that remains is streamlining it to the point where I am able to mass produce pics. My realistic outlook being about 1 event/week if not bogged down - current source of bog: Wagiecagie. Which brings me to the last point.

I kinda plan on qutting my job and escaping the wagecage sometime at the end of Q1 of 2022. Living off of the stash that I've saved up and working on this full time until it starts paying the bills. - Risky, but I am young and what would I be doing if I wasnt making risky life decisions.

Lastly, so you guys have at least something to look at while skimming through the wall of text.

Here is a decent Rina solo event pic. Something I've wanted to do properly for the longest time, mainly because it is/will be related to a mechanic.

Ah well.. Thats everything I've had on my mind I guess.

Aug 24, 2021
let me just copy paste the whole thing here from patreon:

LMAO, cant believe you guys really thought I would release on time. Fool me once... Shame on... Well... You know the drill... Rare does it again, you've been duped!

On a serious note:

I dont wanna release an incomplete update etc. From now on I wont say any dates when it comes to future updates, instead I will do some sort of timeline picture for "things to do".

When I was starting with this update, I wanted 5 event scenes etc. - Rn I am nowhere near that I am drawing the 3rd scene and the writing (which I always leave until the end because when faced with choice: fun chill drawing time vs. repetitive clickity click in RPGM, I always chose the fun chill drawing time) is like one event in.

Wagecucking, rl stuff and laziness was goofing me up big time for quite a while now and eventhough I take this whole thing seriously, it still is an hobby that I do after getting out of the wagecage. So as I've stated a couple of times before in case some of you have high expectations:

This thing doesn't pay my bills, I am doing it because I have nothing better to do and I would like to eventually develop it into full time thing instead of just a hobby. I know full well that basically everyone here is chill and all I hear most of the time is "Take it easy man, etc."

But I feel like I have to reiterate one thing, for your dudes sake.

I do not expect to be paid for this hobby of mine until I take it as a full time thing. Please, do treat me like you would treat a hobo on a street, do not sub big amounts and so on. Just the pocket change that you won't be missing.

Those of you who talk to me on discord know full well that even a year ago, when I started I was putting on blast those hgame 2k$+ patreon dudes who make an update once a year and its a one reused hscene. I would not be very happy becoming hypocrite or something. And lately whenever I overpromise ("its gonna be 5 hevents PogChamp") and underdeliver ("yeh... its 3 lmao"), I feel mighty close to something I dont wanna become.

Well now that the bad news is out, some good news:

All the pics since Rina v4 (the standing bust thingy on the side) have been quality wise at a level I feel comfortable sharing. Noice.

Now that the pictures are good enough to look at, all that remains is streamlining it to the point where I am able to mass produce pics. My realistic outlook being about 1 event/week if not bogged down - current source of bog: Wagiecagie. Which brings me to the last point.

I kinda plan on qutting my job and escaping the wagecage sometime at the end of Q1 of 2022. Living off of the stash that I've saved up and working on this full time until it starts paying the bills. - Risky, but I am young and what would I be doing if I wasnt making risky life decisions.

Lastly, so you guys have at least something to look at while skimming through the wall of text.

Here is a decent Rina solo event pic. Something I've wanted to do properly for the longest time, mainly because it is/will be related to a mechanic.

Ah well.. Thats everything I've had on my mind I guess.
So there wont be an xmas update?

Reactions: Lakat Lakat

anzy213

Sep 9, 2019
Aye there won't, I really tried to push to make 23rd Dec happen, since its anniversary of 1st Rina playtest. Fuck me, aint happening. I will try to slap it up together asap but considering that I am taking an L after L IRL, I wont tell a date.
Keep up the good work, and its a great game I will wait, cause everyone has a life outside of developing a game. Do you and dont let anyone try to pressure you into something you dont want to do with "YOUR GAME". I will just be sitting here waiting for some more good content. Thank you again for all you do with this!

Aug 24, 2021
Keep up the good work, and its a great game I will wait, cause everyone has a life outside of developing a game. Do you and dont let anyone try to pressure you into something you dont want to do with "YOUR GAME". I will just be sitting here waiting for some more good content. Thank you again for all you do with this!
I agree with you.

Reactions: anzy213

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
Aye, I am gonna do an update tomorrow or the day after. I am fairly sure that I couldve slapped it together whole today or even yday. But decided to take my time with it.

Looking forward to Ghund teaching Rina a bit more ;)
Wanted to plop in a Ghund scene into this update. But fuck me, I was getting big goofs. We cant all be winners.

I should slowly be picking up the pace to some normal production rate. The dark days are over.

Swingman83

Sep 6, 2017
Aye, I am gonna do an update tomorrow or the day after. I am fairly sure that I couldve slapped it together whole today or even yday. But decided to take my time with it.

Wanted to plop in a Ghund scene into this update. But fuck me, I was getting big goofs. We cant all be winners.

I should slowly be picking up the pace to some normal production rate. The dark days are over.
Looking forward to seeing what comes next

Jerchack

Oct 8, 2020

So, today is the day?

RareRirorie

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2020
its updated already. There are like 2 scenes worth looking at ngl. Both are after the ORE mission, they auto trigger, so you gotta go through the ORE mission, there is a save in this thread just prior to ORE stuff happening. Let me find...

which scene you talking about? you mean the one with rat-eye? here is my save
^
This one. I think it should work... (I have not checked the save lmao, but if its before Rina gets fucked by ORE then everything should be alright) I have not been messing up switches too much.

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes