4.30 star(s) 35 Votes

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Another month isn’t so bad – some of my fave games on here take 6 months between updates! ;)

Naturally, RareRirorie doesn’t have to tell anyone of what’s going on behind the scenes, still we all like to wonder;

If I were to hazard a guess at the delay - judging by the content the dev was working on before the delay hit – I’d say that it got a little too spicy :sneaky:.
Now that’s clearly a good thing for us, but the dev uses Patreon as a primary support, and for anyone not in the know, Patreon loves to say they support adult content and yadda yadda – but they don’t. Remember Summertime Saga? Karen’s Prison (when in development)? You either conform or geddout.

That’s fine I guess, their platform and all that, but remember the dev said about creating “donke” scenes? Well, that’s the sort of spicey meatballs just like a’mama used to make, and much too hot for the Patreon Police. If I were a gambling man, and I am it’s a serious problem, I would say that Patreon promptly shat their britches, and now RRR has to effectively build 2 versions of the same game; 1 being censored to Patreon’s liking (but, importantly, NOT to the paying supporters), and then an uncensored version, which the dev can distribute over discord or here, etc.

And that my friends, can lead into a crazy amount of delays with bugs. Events can break entirely if you just gut out the content, so you have to very carefully snip around what you can get away with.

Anyway, I don’t want to put words in the dev’s mouth, this is just what I assume is going on. :whistle:
Whatever the case, I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of Rina soon enough!

Wadowce

May 28, 2017
Another month isn’t so bad – some of my fave games on here take 6 months between updates! ;)

Naturally, RareRirorie doesn’t have to tell anyone of what’s going on behind the scenes, still we all like to wonder;

If I were to hazard a guess at the delay - judging by the content the dev was working on before the delay hit – I’d say that it got a little too spicy :sneaky:.
Now that’s clearly a good thing for us, but the dev uses Patreon as a primary support, and for anyone not in the know, Patreon loves to say they support adult content and yadda yadda – but they don’t. Remember Summertime Saga? Karen’s Prison (when in development)? You either conform or geddout.

That’s fine I guess, their platform and all that, but remember the dev said about creating “donke” scenes? Well, that’s the sort of spicey meatballs just like a’mama used to make, and much too hot for the Patreon Police. If I were a gambling man, and I am it’s a serious problem, I would say that Patreon promptly shat their britches, and now RRR has to effectively build 2 versions of the same game; 1 being censored to Patreon’s liking (but, importantly, NOT to the paying supporters), and then an uncensored version, which the dev can distribute over discord or here, etc.

And that my friends, can lead into a crazy amount of delays with bugs. Events can break entirely if you just gut out the content, so you have to very carefully snip around what you can get away with.

Anyway, I don’t want to put words in the dev’s mouth, this is just what I assume is going on. :whistle:
Whatever the case, I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of Rina soon enough!
Based

RandomBoredGuy

Jun 11, 2017
I don't know if this has been suggested yet or if its planed.
Having the MC get earth based spells from ingesting animal goo.
Something about beasts being more naturally tuned to earth magic.
Could have the MC find out what made the old man really go crazy was a failed experiment with (corrupted) dragon cum. Where he managed to find and milk a dragon attuned to the earth element (or at least he thought it was attuned to earth).

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes