ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
How often does it update? So far it's been 6 months since last update. I know dev had to take off time for personel reasons but out side of that does it update?

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi there,
I have a issu with the game since ep2 part 2. I don't know why but the game randomly and suddenly closes without any traceback file opening so I can't even figure out what's going on
I'm on ep 4 and it seems to be getting worse.
Does anyone have the same problem? and maybe a solution?
And before anyone suggests, my PC is fine and I only have this problem with this game
Ripples [v0.4.1]
Thanks

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
About Ripples [v0.4.1]

Well, I was really hesitant to download this game because the synopsis seemed pretty ordinary to me, I mean, very similar to quite a few other games with the 18-year-old high school boy and all the usual panoply. We looked at each other with my girlfriend and she said "I'm too tired to go out and what are we risking by trying?" So we tried. My first and only criticism will be to tell the Dev to develop the story summary a little more, to better sell his game, because this game is really great. A very well-constructed story, lots of laughs and emotions with a well-balanced science-fiction side and X-file mysteries. And while there's a good amount of it, it's not all about sex ending in some kind of "one dick to rule them all" orgy. Even going the harem route, lots of teasing and anticipation, with a Mc who isn't completely dumb. The graphics are really excellent, but you have to like the manga\anime mix. Only problem encountered as I posted above is the problem of the game closing randomly. There is also the gallery of which all the scenes are not unlocked at the end of chapter 4, although they have been played in the game. These little issues aren't crippling though, and we'll continue to follow this very entertaining game.

Jun 6, 2022
Broutminou
Are you running Ubuntu 22.04, by chance? The OOM-Killer is a bit(very) aggressive, and when I tried 22.04, it killed programs randomly, even with plenty of memory to spare. If you're running Windows, I'd say it's just Windows being Windows. ;p

Last edited:

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Broutminou
Are you running Ubuntu 22.04, by chance? The OOM-Killer is a bit(very) aggressive, and when I tried 22.04, it killed programs randomly, even with plenty of memory to spare. If you're running Windows, I'd say it's just Windows being Windows. ;p
Hey! Don't laugh at my Wincrap
I running a linux os with one of my work's pc, but with games essencially Windows :p
Yeah I know. Windows is known for its little whims, but mine is not an original version. I greatly improved\tweaked its functioning and eliminated a lot of crap, which allows it to run very demanding applications and games without the usual problems. But Windows will remain Windows I guess ^^

Jun 6, 2022
Hey! Don't laugh at my Wincrap
I running a linux os with one of my work's pc, but with games essencially Windows :p
Yeah I know. Windows is known for its little whims, but mine is not an original version. I greatly improved\tweaked its functioning and eliminated a lot of crap, which allows it to run very demanding applications and games without the usual problems. But Windows will remain Windows I guess ^^
While I do enjoy mocking Windows, it's not all bad. :p That being said, I haven't used Windows in 6+ months, and I haven't played Ripples under Windows. I've had no crashes with Ripples. though.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
While I do enjoy mocking Windows, it's not all bad. :p That being said, I haven't used Windows in 6+ months, and I haven't played Ripples under Windows. I've had no crashes with Ripples. though.
It depends on the use I make of it, of course, but Windows is quite flexible. What is strange is that only this game is affected by this problem. The game window closes without warning, whether in fullscreen or windowed mode o_O
I may have the beginning of an answer here
My Windows Version: Windows-10-10.0.19041
The version detected in the game: Windows-8-6.2.9200 :unsure: The only version of Windows that I have never installed on any of my PCs ^^

Jun 6, 2022
Broutminou perhaps it's running in Compatibility mode? Right click the .exe > Properties > Compatibility tab? It really shouldn't, unless you switched it yourself though. Or the .exe was altered, or fixed to run in that mode. Or maybe it's just a Renpy thing.

Last edited:

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
This honey select game title looks interesting, the models are not revolting. Only 4 episodes though, should I wait or the content is plenty?

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Broutminou perhaps it's running in Compatibility mode? Right click the .exe > Properties > Compatibility tab? It really shouldn't, unless you switched it yourself though. Or the .exe was altered, or fixed to run in that mode. Or maybe it's just a Renpy thing.
First thing I checked, but maybe I'll try switching to this mode just to see what happens, who knows. I think it might be the Ren'py version though. But I'm done with ep 4 so I'll wisely wait for the next update

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
for chapter 1 rework does the choices also change? or it's just the render that are improve?
I remember him saying there will be some modifications, and that you should continue from remastered up to chapter 4

I asked him specifically so I could play ch1 only and then go back to my ch4 save, but looks like you'll need to play through the whole thing for those to take affect.

Though to what extent those choices will affect gameplay I don't know

HanBoston

Oct 11, 2021
I remember him saying there will be some modifications, and that you should continue from remastered up to chapter 4

I asked him specifically so I could play ch1 only and then go back to my ch4 save, but looks like you'll need to play through the whole thing for those to take affect.

Though to what extent those choices will affect gameplay I don't know
aight thanks man

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes