DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Not great renders? :KEK:

Are you blind or drunk?
While I don't exactly agree with him, I can understand where he's coming from.
The models surely aren't focused on realism. It's a very distinct artstyle that you either "get" or you don't.
Looking at the games in your signature, you clearly get it, but he might not.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
You're not a fan of the renders? Great; different people like different art.

Not for you? Cool! Again; different people like different things. No big deal

But this???? How did you even manage to type this part???
i will stick to VN`s that dont take years to complete
I literally lol'd, scared the hell out of the cat sleeping on my desk, and couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes.....hell; I am still chuckling everytime I reread it.

I just wanted to thank you for the laugh. Good luck on your search.

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
Someone needs to tell Darci that using jam as lube would be a great way to get a yeast infection. You really don't want to put sugar down there.

I'm a little surprised that nobody has mentioned the Starless reference. I'm going to assume it's referring to the ero VN/anime and not the King Crimson album/song(s) that both it and Bible Black (same creator) took their names from.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HanBoston

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Someone needs to tell Darci that using jam as lube would be a great way to get a yeast infection. You really don't want to put sugar down there.
Heh, this reminded me of a "scene" in the Shinmai Maō no Testament LN/Manga/Anime where Basara uses maple syrup as "lotion" on Mio at Maria's urging. I was like "No, oh God no dude, don't do that. Author, you've clearly never even SEEN maple syrup in real life."

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Its a discussion forum. The same can be said for every single post in this thread. The thread does not need to be one big circlejerk - criticizing certain aspects of the game is not a crime. People should be allowed to talk about things they dislike (if it does not contain toxicity/personal insults) without an army of people essentially bullying them into deleting their posts.
Could you point at said bullying for those of us blinder please? Cuz all I see (unless a bunch of comments were THANOS SNAPPED) are 5 pretty tame messages that address said comment.

He had a funny (in my opinion) take and people had a laugh and moved on.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Could you point at said bullying for those of us blinder please? Cuz all I see (unless a bunch of comments were THANOS SNAPPED) are 5 pretty tame messages that address said comment.

He had a funny (in my opinion) take and people had a laugh and moved on.
I agree but I guess they did maybe take offence because their comment is gone for me now it seems. So they either got their comment deleted (unlikely?) or they blocked me because I made a joke about what they said. :HideThePain:

edit (3 of them because I'm a dumbass) - I just checked on a different browser while not logged in and I still can't see their original post so I guess they deleted it and weren't so upset as to block people. I still guess they were unhappy with the response though. I'm sorry if I contributed to making anyone feel uncomfortable. It was just too strange of a statement to not poke fun at. I couldn't resist. I'm a bad person sometimes.

Last edited:

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
So a remake of Ep. 1 is coming soon? Damn. What a terrible time to have just started. :LOL: I guess I really should have checked to see what was in the pipeline.
A remake huh? The game already had some of the best scene crafting. Use of angles, attention to detail is definitely a differentiator.
So remaster of Episode 1 is next update?
This game was on my list for long time and when I finally decided to play it we get remaster.
There not a single day without remake/remaster, even for AVN games. :ROFLMAO: It has become too common.
It's just the 1st episode. Then it's back to where I left off. Not only is the art going to be remastered, but the dialogue is going to be touched up and some scenes will be extended. And a couple of scenes are very different. (The core story isn't going to change though.) So it will be worth the replay even for returning players. There are also going to be some QOL features that players have been asking for a long time.

Its a discussion forum. The same can be said for every single post in this thread. The thread does not need to be one big circlejerk - criticizing certain aspects of the game is not a crime. People should be allowed to talk about things they dislike (if it does not contain toxicity/personal insults) without an army of people essentially bullying them into deleting their posts.
I agree with what you're saying. And even if I don't agree with the original poster (except my ep1 renders are pretty rough. I agree with him on that. :ROFLMAO:), I believe people should be able to post opinions good or bad. I just hope they are constructive criticism. And that's fine. Ripples is not for everyone. There are plenty of games on this site. I'm glad they gave it a chance at least.

Haha! I am aware of how bad that would be to use Jam. Darci doesn't aways think before blurting out something. :KEK:

I'm a little surprised that nobody has mentioned the Starless reference. I'm going to assume it's referring to the ero VN/anime and not the King Crimson album/song(s) that both it and Bible Black (same creator) took their names from.
why-not-both-linus-both.gif
It is a reference to the VN, one of the first ones I played and boy was I in for a shock! :KEK:
Japanese visual novels have made me desensitized to western made VN that most people play on this site.
Japanese visual novels have some of the best stories I've ever read.
But I am a fan of the song. King Crimson is a great band and I love that Gavin Harrison is now drumming for them.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Wait so it's now 5 months since the last update, and the next update will only be a remake?.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Wait so it's now 5 months since the last update, and the next update will only be a remake?.
Yeah, I had surgery and other personal things happening and had to take some time off or I would have already been working on the next episode 5. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'm hope you will still check it out. I've worked hard on it.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It is a reference to the VN, one of the first ones I played and boy was I in for a shock! :KEK:
Japanese visual novels have made me desensitized to western made VN that most people play on this site.
Ah thanks for bringing up good memories with that game :KEK:
That was a surprise for me too...and a black lilith titel Taimanin Asagi i think...once and never again :sick::sick:
But at least i learnd to always check vndb for the tags in the game :HideThePain:

True there good jpn vn's, but most of what get's translated is either standart pure vanilla school story u have read 100 times before or ntr/monsters/ugly dudes and even worse....i found it in the recent years rather hard to find good translated jpn vn's which have a good, interesting story.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah, I had surgery and other personal things happening and had to take some time off or I would have already been working on the next episode 5. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'm hope you will still check it out. I've worked hard on it.
Yeah, no that's fine, I understand these things happen, just wanted to see if I understood things.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Sure, but telling me you're moving onto other games literally contributes nothing to the discussion. No one cares.

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
Part of me really wants to think Darci is the Shit-Ninja doing some time travelling. Except for one thing. Shit-Ninja has a LN / Manga stuffed into her belt.

Let's see...who do we know that likes to read those...hmmm...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bringing it up from loooong ago, but I'm pretty sure it's a phone, not a book. Except that further fits with the time travel theory since we've seen that phones have something to do with opening the portal.

View attachment 1934819
But I am a fan of the song. King Crimson is a great band and I love that Gavin Harrison is now drumming for them.
Did this just become the best VN ever? :D

Eh, no worries here. Just playing through it I thought that episode 1 was pretty seamless, but I'm curious to see how it's been updated.

The one concern I do have is how slowly things are progressing. There's a lot of stuff being set up but not advancing yet. Not just in terms of story, but also sex scenes. It's a little too common to get scenes where things are progressing rapidly and then... "Oops, look at the time!" and once again you're just left there with a tease or foreplay and nothing else. Sometimes it feels like the focus is people who like being edged. Yes, there are a few early scenes that get right down to it but it also feels like that's declining later on rather than increasing as we get to know characters better. If we look at the Gallery as an example, the number of scenes where the MC actually gets off are less than half, and that ratio drops pretty quickly after the first page.

A lot of VNs have the problem that things end up getting in the way. It takes a long time and a lot of work to get out new chapters and many don't make it all the way there. Or the author changes enough in the process that it goes off somewhere else. Slow burn isn't inherently bad and I certainly don't have anything against a more realistic approach, but keeping practical factors in mind is also a good idea. It's similar to running an RPG. Lots of people want to make a big epic, but if your group falls apart before you get to resolve it, it's going to be unsatisfying. Finished is almost always going to be better than perfect.

And as a final, more personal note, cliffhangers aren't great when you don't have a clear, set short-term window for the next installment. If it's coming out next week? You'll be excited to see what happens and looking forward to it. If it's a few months, like TV shows that have an end of season cliffhanger? You're likely to forget what you cared about so much at the time. Without a regular and relatively short update schedule it's probably better not to end on cliffhangers. It's just going to cause more frustration than anticipation. A satisfying conclusion will make people feel more like they got something out of it in the short term. They'll still want to see where the story keeps going, but they'll feel sated for the time being and more willing to give the next installment time to complete.

Ultimately, just like with the remake, you need to do what you're going to enjoy. Passion is infectious and makes for a much better product than just going through the motions for someone else.

More than anything, hope you're feeling better. As much as any of us want to see a new episode, your health and well-being is far more important.

Last edited:

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
I just played Ripples last night and finished it in one go. I love it. You have a commitment to quality, a trait I and I'm sure many others can appreciate. Every main love interest felt like a real person to me. I particularly enjoyed Skylar and Darci the most, but all of the girls have something special they put forth and I can't wait for more.

While I'm not exactly enthusiastic about a chapter 1 remake, I'll withhold judgement until I've seen it. I'm sure many others feel similarly mainly due to wanting to know more about the plot because you've done a spectacular job of keeping us intrigued and in suspense.

I've noticed the recent comments about the slow update schedule and I'd like to stress that it's important to keep that balance between self-care and your release schedule. I understand the frustrations of your patreons since they are your 'bosses' who want to see results, but at the same time, I do hope you take care of yourself.

Many adult game creators burn out due to community backlash and lack of internal motivation, so I sincerely wish that you take good care of yourself and prioritize your own mental health first.

Hope to hear more from you soon, take care and keep up the great work.

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes