Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Remaster for Mac please?
You can update it yourself, dl the PC version unzip it take the game folder and drag it in the autorun folder of the Mac version, were the old game folder is located ( erase or drag that out of the autorun folder before doing so)
The path is: Right click on the game icon/Shoz Package Contents ( in the pop menu that will appear)/Contents/Resources/Autorun. :)

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Heya everyone, just had a question that I can't find the answer for so I thought I'd ask. I just started playing the newest release, the Remaster, and for some reason both my mother and sister are no longer my mother and sister even with the patch installed.

Is this part of the "Remaster" or is something else going on?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Heya everyone, just had a question that I can't find the answer for so I thought I'd ask. I just started playing the newest release, the Remaster, and for some reason both my mother and sister are no longer my mother and sister even with the patch installed.

Is this part of the "Remaster" or is something else going on?
No, the patch should restore the relationship so something is not working, did you put the patch inside the game's game folder? :)

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Remaster for Mac please?
You can update it yourself, dl the PC version unzip it take the game folder and drag it in the autorun folder of the Mac version, were the old game folder is located ( erase or drag that out of the autorun folder before doing so)
The path is: Right click on the game icon/Shoz Package Contents ( in the pop menu that will appear)/Contents/Resources/Autorun. :)
Mac player here. Normally this would work fine. But in this particular case, doing this will cause errors; due to Jestur rewriting a bunch of code. So first thing I would recommend is to support Jestur ;) but this is a pirate site after all so I would recommend following the advice of this thread - https://f95zone.to/threads/you-can-play-pc-only-renpy-games-on-mac.94804/

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Mac player here. Normally this would work fine. But in this particular case, doing this will cause errors; due to Jestur rewriting a bunch of code. So first thing I would recommend is to support Jestur ;) but this is a pirate site after all so I would recommend following the advice of this thread - https://f95zone.to/threads/you-can-play-pc-only-renpy-games-on-mac.94804/
Mac user as well and yes, that could be done, but I didn't have any issues and the game work properly. :)
And I agree with you about supporting Jestur, he deserve it. ^_^

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
No, the patch should restore the relationship so something is not working, did you put the patch inside the game's game folder? :)
Yep, I did. I reopened the previous version I had, 4.0, and it works fine. But with this version when I'm with my mother at the kitchen counter after seeing her doing the first workout session, she says that she invited my father and I over. In the 4.0 version that never gets said.

I unzipped the patch and put it in the Game folder as usual. I tried with the Walkthrough mod and with just the patch and both did the same thing.

Guess I'll try it again.

Edit-I just looked at the zipped script files for the 4.5 patch and the 4.5 walkthrough mod and they both have that change to the conversation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both the patch and the walkthrough have that as the script. The 4.0 version that I have patched goes like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I guess this is a permanent change to the story then? That Tiffany and Jessica aren't your biological family any more even with the patch? I'm just not sure why it would be changed even in the patch. Kinda takes the point of patch away.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Naxos

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yep, I did. I reopened the previous version I had, 4.0, and it works fine. But with this version when I'm with my mother at the kitchen counter after seeing her doing the first workout session, she says that she invited my father and I over. In the 4.0 version that never gets said.

I unzipped the patch and put it in the Game folder as usual. I tried with the Walkthrough mod and with just the patch and both did the same thing.

Guess I'll try it again.
Hope everything will go well, my version is working that's why I asked, let's hope for the best. :)

mandc

Jan 5, 2019
Well, I've just completed the reworked Episode 1 and I like it a lot.

I feel the characters are better set up for the future story.

Good work dev. and I can't wait for a new update in the story's progression...loving it so far and it's definitely in my top five games.

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Hope everything will go well, my version is working that's why I asked, let's hope for the best. :)
How is your version working and mine isn't? The scripts in the downloads for the patch and the walkthrough are the same for me and both have Tiffany saying that she's just your step-mom. I edited my previous post to show that.

I don't understand. I guess I'll delete the copies I have downloaded, re-download them, and try again. Don't really know what else to do.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
How is your version working and mine isn't? The scripts in the downloads for the patch and the walkthrough are the same for me and both have Tiffany saying that she's just your step-mom. I edited my previous post to show that.

I don't understand. I guess I'll delete the copies I have downloaded, re-download them, and try again. Don't really know what else to do.
I'm unable to understand why, I just put the patch in my game folder like always and it worked, nothing fancy.
The only difference is that I'm playing the Mac version ( I assume you have the PC) but this means nothing. :)

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018

Re-downloading it won't fix it, it is indeed in the patch but I think it's just an oversight.

Probably line in there that shouldn't be and a word or two change and it still all makes sense with her being the mom. It can still be the story how the mom met his dad, just before he was born.

The rest of it should still make it so she is his mom, just that one scene is off.

I'm not going to change anything though, as I don't and won't mess with dialogue or change anything in the wt, other than highlight the choices.

Edit. This is why people should wait for the public releases and not play leaked beta's that are still being tested for these kinds of things. :WeSmart:

kisame83

Oct 1, 2019
Why do these devs use months to do these remasters over and over again?
You're playing an unfinished game in active development. For free, since you're here and and all. Why complain like this? If you don't like the game being updated in certain ways, wait for full release. I bought Baldurs Gate 3 in "Early Access" and have spent almost two years just watching them tweak act 1
But the game was in Early Access, so I knew when I got it that it was incomplete and going to be mainly testing new things. That's the same scenario as most games posted on here, but people act like every game is an episodic stable release and get mad when devs do "development" stuff like this.

Irishboyo

Aug 29, 2018
I am both delighted and sad

Delighted to see this game moving again, because i have fallen hard for this story and some of the characters really moved me.

Sad because its not a big chunk of new story! I wanna know how some things play out damnit! xD

Reactions: travin213

Noddy4000

Dec 29, 2019
So is there a time line for the actual story content update going to happen.?
Or is it a case of remaster all current EP's then updates for story.?

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
You're playing an unfinished game in active development. For free, since you're here and and all. Why complain like this? If you don't like the game being updated in certain ways, wait for full release. I bought Baldurs Gate 3 in "Early Access" and have spent almost two years just watching them tweak act 1
But the game was in Early Access, so I knew when I got it that it was incomplete and going to be mainly testing new things. That's the same scenario as most games posted on here, but people act like every game is an episodic stable release and get mad when devs do "development" stuff like this.
So you can only comment if it is to throw flowers? You can't criticize a pirated game in a pirate web thread, so where? That they are not even criticizing the game itself, that everyone is liking it, but it bothers them that the story is left aside to restart the game from 0.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
So you can only comment if it is to throw flowers? You can't criticize a pirated game in a pirate web thread, so where? That they are not even criticizing the game itself, that everyone is liking it, but it bothers them that the story is left aside to restart the game from 0.
You can't say anything negative or critical about something i like, even if you like it yourself!

At least from my understanding the dev is not planning on remastering the whole thing, which is what i previously thought. Il continue playing it the next update .

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Mac user as well and yes, that could be done, but I didn't have any issues and the game work properly. :)
And I agree with you about supporting Jestur, he deserve it. ^_^
Hmmm, not sure why it didn't work for me then. I tried merging it (which is my usual go-to) and that caused errors. Tried replacing the game file and that caused errors too (not sure if it was the same error). Tried re-downloading the game and repeating and it just didn't work for me so I figured Jestur reworked it enough to need a download of the new build. Glad it worked out for you though, hopefully the link I provided can help others if they're experiencing similar issues as me.

Reactions: Dylan741
4.80 star(s) 294 Votes