Apr 25, 2021
This is one of the very few games - like Color of My Sound - that i play almost purely for the story even though the sex scenes are well done. Extremely impressive seeds planted from the get go while not hiding things too much to retcon later. great great storytelling. Good luck to the dev. Definitely a fan.
Couldn't agree more. Except that the sex scenes are just as epic as the story. There hasn't been a single scene which has been 'meh' in my book which is very surprising. All scenes have length and feel rewarding. Together with the story and the animation it's just unbelievable how lucky we are to be blessed with this. What a gem man. This game is truly underrated.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I took my time playing the latest rev of Ripples and I started back in EP 3 for the immersion.

This was a great rev!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm really looking forward to the next rev and I'm hoping that, even with a major focus on Skylar, Tiffany, Alyssa (Scarlett) and Jessica will also get enough 'screen' time to advance their stories.

Thanks to Jestur for the great update!!

Reactions: Jestur

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The videos seem to use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. It did have a seg fault with Jessica's poke video (worked 2nd time), but it seemed fine otherwise. I did not replay the entire game with it. YYMV.

Linux users need to rename Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/renpy to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/Ripples.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/Ripples.exe.
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs [Linux/Win]

Download (28 meg)

Otherwise, you can transcode the videos to 30 FPS - VP8 - lower bitrate *.webms (also convert the 10-bit color videos) or . I may have been chasing some double animations so the quality level & bitrate could likely be a bit higher (depending on CPU).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

30 FPS - reduced bitrate animations

Download (756 meg)

SHA256:
66a7f238dba4a7788be937304d3d994b24f4c995ebea9bd228ee0caf4d8dbac8 30fps_low-br.zip
86ce883a6c9ee7c3e84a27c414d0fbe7e142e88ccf2482a9dedfd54fffc82149 renpy-8.0.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip
Hi, my antivirus McAfee detected a virus from the first link. May you upload it again to another hosting site please?

buff

May 29, 2017
Digging the game, but I have no idea why this game has a "lesbian" tag (unless it was because of a couple of quick makeouts). Hopefully that will change at some point-- those redhead twins or the Mom+Aunt would make an amazing threesome.

Reactions: gojira667

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
It's an Approved File Host. The page works with only the base HTML, scripting disabled, or try with one of them adblockers. With that said I added a Transfer.sh link to the post.
Thank you, now my AV didn't detect a virus. Now the problem is other, some games where the animations don't run smoothly are still in Python 2.7 and not 3.9 as the file you uploaded. Is it possible to make a file for those games too? For example, in the previous version of Freshwomen the animations run perfectly, but in the new one (still Python 2.7 but an updated renpy version) those same animations are laggy.

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Now the problem is other, some games where the animations don't run smoothly are still in Python 2.7 and not 3.9 as the file you uploaded. Is it possible to make a file for those games too? For example, in the previous version of Freshwomen the animations run perfectly, but in the new one (still Python 2.7 but an updated renpy version) those same animations are laggy.
It's not that simple as py2- or py3-. It needs to be built against a compatible Ren'Py version as well (e.g. changes to modules in Ren'Py version X.x) otherwise it crashes.

To do this properly and not have to hack out parts of the build I would need the (Android NDK is a simple download). However I'm not going to do the sign-ups just to be able to download their SDKs...

Reactions: ashitanojoe

sabishiiryuu

Dec 20, 2018
Hands down one of the best shit that I've ever played. It's just that you can't act on your own so... But overall, good shit.
When the story is so well-written, it's really hard to deviate and branch it out. While it definitely is possible, it would require a fuckton more time and effort with multiple writers to get a huge branching story. Maybe it's that the bar is so low, or maybe it's just that damn good. Either way I agree that Ripples' main plot is head-and-shoulders above every other VN on this site bar a select few.
I don't play these games on F95 for the story - as I usually just want a quick fap - but in every media form that I consume, the story is the most important to me and the fact that Jestur has had me hooked on the story rather than the sex - which I might add is of the higher quality here - speaks leaps and bounds about how well-cooked it is.
I just truly hope the seeds that I've seen planted with the small hints that were given from the get-go weren't just throwaways and actually play a role towards the end.

4.80 star(s) 293 Votes