DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
The most unbelievable thing about time travel is the spacial aspect. If you travel back or forward in time, you'd have to have a machine that doesn't just travel through the fourth dimension, but through the third, because the Earth won't be in the same place as when you left. (At least the TARDIS gets points for that one.) But that does lead to my theory that UFOs aren't actually alien craft, but time travelers entering space before making their journeys in order to come out someplace where there won't be anything in their way.

Reactions: criestoomuch

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
Why would he have to explain anything? A few strands of hair, lipstick on a glass, or any number of things could be gathered surreptitiously for testing. The real problem for the MC would be financing the tests. But he doesn't have to explain squat to the testers. In fact, Ancestry.com will sell those test kits to you, so you can do the testing yourself.
Just bring back some Surge and sell it on eBay.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Why would he have to explain anything? A few strands of hair, lipstick on a glass, or any number of things could be gathered surreptitiously for testing. The real problem for the MC would be financing the tests. But he doesn't have to explain squat to the testers. In fact, Ancestry.com will sell those test kits to you, so you can do the testing yourself.
<MC checks Ancestry test instructions>

"Hey, Darci - spit in this vial."

"Er, why?"

"Well, I want to jack off later and like your lube!"

<MC ducks as Darci throws a shoe at him>

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
It wasn't a serious answer. Yeah, it could be done, but it would be boring.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
The real problem for the MC would be financing the tests. But he doesn't have to explain squat to the testers. In fact, Ancestry.com will sell those test kits to you, so you can do the testing yourself.
He has a safe full of money, I don't think finance is a real worrg. He could order the kits in bulk from a number of places.

Explaining it? Well, if he doesn't hide what he's doing, the most obvious thing is to lie about it. Claim he's doing it for fun and wants them to join him, or that he's worried his father was a whore, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Ripples' time travel rules/logic appear to be based on Causal Loop. It is the same concept of time travel in Harry Potter (excluding the Cursed Child). MC cannot change the past, everything is already predetermined and his travelling to the past fulfils his role to establish the present.

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
The most unbelievable thing about time travel is the spacial aspect. If you travel back or forward in time, you'd have to have a machine that doesn't just travel through the fourth dimension, but through the third, because the Earth won't be in the same place as when you left. (At least the TARDIS gets points for that one.) But that does lead to my theory that UFOs aren't actually alien craft, but time travelers entering space before making their journeys in order to come out someplace where there won't be anything in their way.
Well, if I remember rightly, in Dark, which was a strong inspiration for Ripples, you could only move back and forward 33 years, because that is the time for the Earth's rotation and orbit to come back into sync. Of course, that's only relative to the Sun, and takes no account of the galaxy's rotation etc. I always thought it was a slightly weak premise, but for any sci-fi you need a certain amount of suspension of disbelief to enjoy the story.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
... But that does lead to my theory that UFOs aren't actually alien craft, but time travelers entering space before making their journeys in order to come out someplace where there won't be anything in their way.
Fun theory, but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

... for any sci-fi you need a certain amount of suspension of disbelief to enjoy the story.
This (y)

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

greygoose21

Oct 20, 2017
Great game, can't wait for the next chapter. Simple, good take on the MC that you don't really see his face. Great renders and characters.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
Not really. That's kind of like saying an automobile needs to affect travel in three dimensions, not one.

Net force = mass * acceleration. Constant motion is assumed within a system, lest seemingly inexplicable forces materialize. Plus, the concept of absolute position is murky, given we don't know how the universe might be changing, how it's shaped, and what its frame of reference might be.

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
only relative to the Sun, and takes no account of the galaxy's rotation etc. I always thought it was a slightly weak premise
I've long believed this is one of the major reasons we have not yet discovered/invented/developed time travel. Without some sort of spacetime (or extra-spacetime???) reference/localizer beacon, will we really end up where we expected? This beacon would essentially have to be able to operate/manipulate gravitational lensing to peer into the past (it would only be a one-way trip).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then again, I suppose this implies that relative reference frames might be possible? I dunno. ‍♂‍♂‍♂

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
Does anyone know what mods or plugins that the developer uses to make the renders's and animations that good?

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
well, the obvious answer is one the dev won't give us, and as is tradition, the MC is too stupid to consider doing first: Time to run DNA tests on all those girls you plan to start banging in the present to figure out if you had their mothers.
Since when banging a lot of cute girls, including his own family members and even travelling time to not miss an hole is being stupid?

I won't ever call someone stupid when he can make 3 cute redheads fall in love with him, and all on the same house.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Since when banging a lot of cute girls, including his own family members and even travelling time to not miss an hole is being stupid?

I won't ever call someone stupid when he can make 3 cute redheads fall in love with him, and all on the same house.
If you missed the point of my statement any harder you might come near the broad side of a barn. Try again.

4.80 star(s) 296 Votes