1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Here's the text from that post:

Dev Update #47
Hello Patrons!

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Everything is good here.
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I don't have much to report other than I've been grinding away at the update. I'm getting close to finishing the scene that I'm on, and then it's to the last part of the update. The last part will focus mostly on one character. It's one long scene broken up into three parts, but depending on your choices in the game, you may only see half of it.

I hoped I'd be further along at this point, but it's always hard to tell how long scenes will take to create. I spent way more time on the last gallery scene than I should have and added a lot more animations than planned. But I created what I wanted to create and didn't restrict myself this time. The scene I'm talking about is my favorite in all of Ripple so far.
Also, I've been adding more After Effects stuff to the animations. It's pretty cool. You'll see the creativity I put into this update when you play it. My animation count is high right now, and there will be much more in the last part. I already have 118 animations done, and I'm sure there will be another 20 or more in the last part. The image count is about 980. It probably would've been much higher if I hadn't used so many animations. Currently, the new lines of code added is about 8000. And once I finish the last part, that will probably jump to about 9k-10k lines. Which would make it the biggest update so far in terms of lines of code added.

Have a great day, everyone!
-Jestur
giphy.gif

Pero95

Oct 17, 2022
Wish the content wasn't so vanilla, otherwise very interesting and fun game.

Getting Twin Peaks vibes for some reason even tho I'm sure the game isn't influenced by it at all.

• Sad
Reactions: Sedaisan and EJW

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

Getting Twin Peaks vibes for some reason even tho I'm sure the game isn't influenced by it at all.
I think Skylar's twin peaks are interesting and fun. :love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I think Skylar's twin peaks are interesting and fun. :love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Twin peaks has an extremely dark under current, it contrast well with the aw shucks vibe the show generally has. Like black coffee with cherry pie.

Reactions: Sedaisan

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018

Love Twin Peaks. The game isn't influenced by it. But well, since I like the show, maybe subconsciously it is. I don't know... :ROFLMAO:

Btw, there will a scene in the next update that isn't so vanilla. I'll probably receive mixed reactions but I love the scene myself.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Love Twin Peaks. The game isn't influenced by it. But well, since I like the show, maybe subconsciously it is. I don't know... :ROFLMAO:

Btw, there will a scene in the next update that isn't so vanilla. I'll probably receive mixed reactions but I love the scene myself.
You could add a side character with a hearing aid who wears a snazzy suit, loves doughnuts, hates watching movies on his phone, and where he is there is always music in the air. Edit: or instead of the log lady.... the pineapple lady:coffee:

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You could add a side character with a hearing aid who wears a snazzy suit, loves doughnuts, hates watching movies on his phone, and where he is there is always music in the air. Edit: or instead of the log lady.... the pineapple lady:coffee:
Just so long as she doesn't hold the pineapple upside down.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

As long it doesn't make the MC a complete douchebag, and his "good heart" remains, then I'm pretty sure most won't complain. The story at this point plays with death so it's normal for something heavy to appear to enhance story telling, not to mention to define who's the good and bad guys.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I‘m super late to the party but I finally managed to get around catch up to chapter 5. Good to hear that the next chapter is right around the corner.
I‘m not completely through chapter 5 yet, but i am blown away at the quality! Absolutely amazing work!

That scene with adult Scarlet where she jumps the MC really cemented her at the top of my list of favourites. Can‘t wait to get involved with her and both of her daughters.
Not to say that the other girls are any less amazing. This is really a great cast of characters and I am eagerly waiting for more of this intriguing story to unravel. Definitely one of the few games where I actually read the text instead of skipping through half the game.

Great job and keep up the good work!

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I‘m super late to the party but I finally managed to get around catch up to chapter 5. Good to hear that the next chapter is right around the corner.
I‘m not completely through chapter 5 yet, but i am blown away at the quality! Absolutely amazing work!

That scene with adult Scarlet where she jumps the MC really cemented her at the top of my list of favourites. Can‘t wait to get involved with her and both of her daughters.
Not to say that the other girls are any less amazing. This is really a great cast of characters and I am eagerly waiting for more of this intriguing story to unravel. Definitely one of the few games where I actually read the text instead of skipping through half the game.

Great job and keep up the good work!
I loved the Scarlett scene!

I think you will enjoy movie night with Tiffany - the popcorn helps to take this movie night to the next level!! ;)

Cheers! :coffee:

4.80 star(s) 296 Votes