quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Currently doing a replay on a no flirt/refusal/avoidance especially with the girls in the past but they play out just like the harem/pursuing sex/interest

eg:

I gave Scarlets necklace to Khloe then after they leave MC sees Scarlet in the distance and calls her over give her the necklace back as if I had chosen the option to refused to give it to Kloe

Or walking out on Jenny and Khloe in the bathroom scene doesn't affect the garage scene with jenny when she says "what about what we did in the bathroom"

So Is it an illusion that we have choices in the game to alter the outcomes of the story dialogue?

PS I am using the walk through mod and not choosing the green highlighted options ( is this the cause ?)
I went back to my saves and gave the necklace to Khloe. Then the MC sees Scarlett and talks to her and tells her he gave the necklace to Khloe. Later at the lake scene he asks if she got it back and Scarlett says no.

I also left the bathroom without doing anything, and nothing was mentioned in the garage scene.

I am not using the mod, so maybe that has bugs.

Edit: I saw this on the mod page: "an option to see multiple scenes/paths at once". So not a bug, perhaps. Intended mod behaviour.

Reactions: pitao

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Probably true. But consider biology: the average guy wants sex 2-3 times a day. The average girl wants it 2-3 times a week. The math works out to a decently sized harem for a guy. The only cockblock is repression in society. Since we're dealing with fantasy pixels, I personally don't see problems with harems in AVNs. But that's me. :cool:
You're definitely low-balling that estimate for average young women's sexual desire.

...60.8 percent of women desire sex three to five times a week. But for some women even that’s not enough! According to the survey, 10.2 percent of women want sex six to eight times a week..

The problem is life, stress, and unsatisfying partners gets in the way for many. :LOL:

As a result, the average couple in their twenty's has sex about 80-110 times per year (every 3-5 days on average). (Multiple sources for this one, easy to find though)

Rez E Dent

May 6, 2024
I went back to my saves and gave the necklace to Khloe. Then the MC sees Scarlett and talks to her and tells her he gave the necklace to Khloe. Later at the lake scene he asks if she got it back and Scarlett says no.

I also left the bathroom without doing anything, and nothing was mentioned in the garage scene.

I am not using the mod, so maybe that has bugs.

Edit: I saw this on the mod page: "an option to see multiple scenes/paths at once". So not a bug, perhaps. Intended mod behaviour.
Yeah could be although i wasn't selecting the "both" options the mode has at certain junctions

I guess the story wasn't written in a way that you can be as dismissive and elusive to people in the past ( which is the sensible thing to do in a time travel scenario) which is shame but I guess it would mean writing two separate stories with one being the cautious time traveller mode where the future women don't remember you all that well, if at all, vs the one we have where many of the women do or feel like they do ( maybe we spill the beans/get called out in the future episodes)

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Yeah could be although i wasn't selecting the "both" options the mode has at certain junctions

I guess the story wasn't written in a way that you can be as dismissive and elusive to people in the past ( which is the sensible thing to do in a time travel scenario) which is shame but I guess it would mean writing two separate stories with one being the cautious time traveller mode where the future women don't remember you all that well, if at all, vs the one we have where many of the women do or feel like they do ( maybe we spill the beans/get called out in the future episodes)
If you mean you have to interact with them, yes. I doubt you have to have sex with any of them. But the interactions are part of the story. It could be written so both are an option, but as you guessed that means two very different stories and we'd have much longer development time.

More significant choice based outcomes can be done but the scope of the story will either be smaller, or you'll find multiple people are making the game, or both. Ripples is as far as I know a one person production.

But I think time travel stories are far more fun when you're not sensible about it. And when even trying to be sensible often runs into problems - you're trying so hard to avoid bumping into person A that you walk around a corner face first into person B, or your attempts to avoid changing an event are exactly what changes it, why not have fun with it?

For the mod: I think it's a consequence of how an "allow all possible paths" mod would need to be written. Say there is a variable stay_in_bathroom. Sets to True if you did, else False. Get to the garage and the check is made, did you stay_in_bathroom? What's the mod to do here? What is the value when you choose "both"? And if you choose no but that could block you from some later scene selection? So in the spirit of offering you the option of all paths, it acts as though you chose whatever gives the most content.

I'm guessing here, but it's a flaw I've seen in that kind of mod before, and from a general developer perspective it makes sense.

The mod for Ripples is in my opinion unnecessary unless you're going for all content. Choices, as far as the girls are concerned, are obvious. Choices for rest of the story are not necessarily inconsequential, but won't dramatically affect the overall trajectory, so pick what you want.

Reactions: pitao

Rez E Dent

May 6, 2024
If you mean you have to interact with them, yes. I doubt you have to have sex with any of them. But the interactions are part of the story. It could be written so both are an option, but as you guessed that means two very different stories and we'd have much longer development time.

More significant choice based outcomes can be done but the scope of the story will either be smaller, or you'll find multiple people are making the game, or both. Ripples is as far as I know a one person production.

But I think time travel stories are far more fun when you're not sensible about it. And when even trying to be sensible often runs into problems - you're trying so hard to avoid bumping into person A that you walk around a corner face first into person B, or your attempts to avoid changing an event are exactly what changes it, why not have fun with it?

For the mod: I think it's a consequence of how an "allow all possible paths" mod would need to be written. Say there is a variable stay_in_bathroom. Sets to True if you did, else False. Get to the garage and the check is made, did you stay_in_bathroom? What's the mod to do here? What is the value when you choose "both"? And if you choose no but that could block you from some later scene selection? So in the spirit of offering you the option of all paths, it acts as though you chose whatever gives the most content.

I'm guessing here, but it's a flaw I've seen in that kind of mod before, and from a general developer perspective it makes sense.

The mod for Ripples is in my opinion unnecessary unless you're going for all content. Choices, as far as the girls are concerned, are obvious. Choices for rest of the story are not necessarily inconsequential, but won't dramatically affect the overall trajectory, so pick what you want.
I love this AVN a lot .

I guess I was hoping for some tangible differences in later scenes during the past or returning to the present if I refused certain moments but its understandable that there is more of a canon path if this title is being made by one person which in itself is impressive considering its quality.

Reactions: quorkboy and pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023

Yeah I agree, even with the last paragraph, I usually use multi mods whenever they are available because I usually aim to get all the content with the least time spent possible.
Not a fan of skipping dialogue and story or scenes either, but I also don't like to be "stuck" on a choice if I'm not certain it is the most correct for my playstyle, usually I pursue all girls unless they have a few kinks i'm not confortable with or a LI have complete fucked up personality lol, so usually harem game or games where you lock in an LI are done near the endgame are my favorite games, with a few exceptions like BaDIK or BW where the quality of the game worth imo play more than 2 or 3 branches and playthroughs/saves.
I also use multi mods for the extra options like extra setting or UI changes and other features that if they are well done they improve the gameplay, one thing that they usually are good is that most features usually have a on/off switch.

Rant about why I use multi mods/WT mods aside :LOL: going to the issue that Rez E Dent encounter, I use the multi mod and don't remember to see the inconsistency mentioned about the giving the necklace to a char or the other (I may have not notice either and the issue was there), I remember I played both options because was curious about the Krystal name change outcome, but maybe I'm wrong. Can it be also a inconsistency because the mod uses the incest patch, and that patch changes dialogue and maybe the issue is there? No idea, gonna check my saves and replay the scene to see if the inconsistency happens.

Yeah time travel stories are much more fun to watch/play if we enter a state of suspension of disbelief or else we gonna question every single action and outcome and then we start to nitpick about everything :LOL:. All you zombies/Predestination is still my favorite time travel story ever because it goes into the extreme paradox outcomes that are actually an infinite cycle/circle, it sets imho the basis on how a time travel story works. Heinlein "All you zombies" must be like a 50s or 60s short story if I'm not mistaken. The movie Predestination that is based on it is awesome btw, advise anyone that loves Ripples to watch it. Have to get some time to watch Dark that people mention several times in the thread, never saw it and I'm the only one to blame in that matter hahaha.

pitao

May 18, 2023
I gave Scarlets necklace to Khloe then after they leave MC sees Scarlet in the distance and calls her over give her the necklace back as if I had chosen the option to refused to give it to Kloe
No idea, gonna check my saves and replay the scene to see if the inconsistency happens.
Hmm dunno what is the issue Rez E Dent, I swear I use LightmanP multi mod that is linked in the OP and when I give Khloe the necklace and when the MC notices Scarlett I got this renders/dialogue. Are you 100% sure you chose the option to give Khloe the necklace? Happens sometimes we think we click an option line and we hit the other.
Edit : To make sure use the keyboard number 1 option instead of click the option with the mouse. One of the neat features we get using a multi mod hehe
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The other scene by walking out the bathroom and then later the scene in the garage I'm too lazy to check it out right now because they don't happen in the same update, too lazy to skip scene and option after scene and option lol. Maybe it was something that wasn't discovered in the test phase because both scenes happen too far apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo-67

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
View attachment 3859431

Random appreciation image while waiting for the update Day 26 -- Week 4: Krystal

PS: This will be my last appreciation image since I got a warning for spam at the Eternum thread and I don't want another one here...thanks for all the likes received (y)
It isn't spam, simply mods are with the radar on that thread due the off-topic non-sense that once was there. Although I understand why, personally I do think they're exagerating, but whatever.

4.80 star(s) 297 Votes