RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Ok, finally playing, and I had to stop and ask:

Is "Doug" really one of those cartoons where you had no childhood if you didn't watch it? Like, I doubt anyone is going go "You haven't seen Doug?! We have to fix that, bro!".

• Haha
Reactions: AnonW123

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
yes... The "_mods folder" goes into the game folder.
That mod gives some slightly misleading information from one screenshot you posted.
jennyIgotyournumber and Scarlettflag1 are set true in the next scene which happens regardless of your choice with Khloe and Jenny making out.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021

Is "Doug" really one of those cartoons where you had no childhood if you didn't watch it? Like, I doubt anyone is going go "You haven't seen Doug?! We have to fix that, bro!".
Well, a lot of kids did watch Doug. Unfortunately, I wasn't usually in charge of the remote, and my older siblings weren't into it. It's been my greatest regret in life that I didn't fight harder against this oppression. It's taken me years of therapy to get over this shameful past of mine.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021

Said by someone who clearly never watched Doug, :ROFLMAO:

Well, a lot of kids did watch Doug. Unfortunately, I wasn't usually in charge of the remote, and my older siblings weren't into it. It's been my greatest regret in life that I didn't fight harder against this oppression. It's taken me years of therapy to get over this shameful past of mine.
I'm so sorry you had to go through that, :cry:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
That mod gives some slightly misleading information from one screenshot you posted.
jennyIgotyournumber and Scarlettflag1 are set true in the next scene which happens regardless of your choice with Khloe and Jenny making out.
I normally use the URM tool as well as Universal Choice D mod together to compare the data behind each of the choices. As URM can sometimes provide more information.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I honestly would say so far it works better without an incest patch. Incest really doesn't make much sense in the game.
This is one of the biggest kaps I've ever read. there are several points where the dialogue does not make logical sense or falls entirely flat without the patch.
I dont even need incest to be in it...i just want the version that makes the most sense and losing composure over "roommates" being in a relationship or the MC popping a boner while doing yoga with his "landlady" is utter rubbish.

May 26, 2020
This is one of the biggest kaps I've ever read. there are several points where the dialogue does not make logical sense or falls entirely flat without the patch.
I dont even need incest to be in it...i just want the version that makes the most sense and losing composure over "roommates" being in a relationship or the MC popping a boner while doing yoga with his "landlady" is utter rubbish.
Without the incest patch, I took it as Tiffany took in MC after his father died. To me the incest patch made no sense, but hey that's probably just me.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Really? Because it feels really stilted and nonsensical without it to me.

For a major example: Jessica and MC watch an anime together, The Fruit of Grisaia, and in particular, a scene involving incest between a brother and sister. Jessica goes on to ask the MC what he thinks of those type of relationships, and answering that he is okay with it is actually what starts that route. Jessica goes on to be really glad that he is okay with that type of relationship, but thinking that her mom wouldn't approve. Mc has the thought "She was thinking about relationships between roomates?". Which makes absolutely no sense. The anime relationship in question was incest, not roomates. It is also not a social taboo to be in a relationship with someone you are roomates with. This scene only makes sense if the MC and Jessica are brother and sister, giving context to Jessica's question in relation to the incest scene in the anime.
Well, I didn't follow Jessica's route and it's been a while since I played the beginning. I think for example that Tiffany's behavior makes a lot more sense if she isn't the MC's mother. If he just another young man she is supposed to take care off it makes sense that she is attracted to him on one side but also things it is kinda wrong because he is so much younger and in her care.

Her being the MC's mother on the other hand makes it very unbelievable that she would even develop some sexual desire for him and that is a hurdle the game even with a patch can't jump over for me. Now if your suspension of disbelief doesn't suffer that much from incest in games like this or you even looking for incest...by all means, that is what the patch is for. I'm glad I have the option and can opt out of it.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Well, I didn't follow Jessica's route and it's been a while since I played the beginning. I think for example that Tiffany's behavior makes a lot more sense if she isn't the MC's mother. If he just another young man she is supposed to take care off it makes sense that she is attracted to him on one side but also things it is kinda wrong because he is so much younger and in her care.

Her being the MC's mother on the other hand makes it very unbelievable that she would even develop some sexual desire for him and that is a hurdle the game even with a patch can't jump over for me. Now if your suspension of disbelief doesn't suffer that much from incest in games like this or you even looking for incest...by all means, that is what the patch is for. I'm glad I have the option and can opt out of it.
To me, this is the problem. There are some logical issues cleared up the patch, like the timeline of their backstory and early childhood years. But the characters' feelings about their relationships are too unbelievable with the patch.
A woman who has known an 18 year-old almost his entire life and raised him since he was a 3rd grader is going to become flustered over him popping wood in close contact with her, maybe even more than if she were his mother. A step parent, guardian, or an estranged parent might not have the same instinctive repulsion that a full biological, custodial parent would have. If she's his mom, having any sexual thoughts about him are so foreign that she doesn't even recognize them as such. If she's a guardian, then it feels wrong, but possible.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
To me, this is the problem. There are some logical issues cleared up the patch, like the timeline of their backstory and early childhood years. But the characters' feelings about their relationships are too unbelievable with the patch.
A woman who has known an 18 year-old almost his entire life and raised him since he was a 3rd grader is going to become flustered over him popping wood in close contact with her, maybe even more than if she were his mother. A step parent, guardian, or an estranged parent might not have the same instinctive repulsion that a full biological, custodial parent would have. If she's his mom, having any sexual thoughts about him are so foreign that she doesn't even recognize them as such. If she's a guardian, then it feels wrong, but possible.
Yeah, the basic question is how believable or not is incest for you?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Without the incest patch, I took it as Tiffany took in MC after his father died. To me the incest patch made no sense, but hey that's probably just me.
My first time playing I forgot to install it and it makes more sense imo without it. Which is funny cause most games that has that type of content it makes less sense without because of the whole roommate / landlady thing. While this one makes sense as they are more like a adoptive family without it.

Meabe37

Mar 9, 2023
My first time playing I forgot to install it and it makes more sense imo without it. Which is funny cause most games that has that type of content it makes less sense without because of the whole roommate / landlady thing. While this one makes sense as they are more like a adoptive family without it.
Seriously? I started without it (didn't know about it back then) and was really confused about the relationship with Tiff and her daughter, something felt really off. It didn't make sense to me but as soon as i installed and understood they were was supposed to be our mom and sister, there behaviours started to make sense and the backstory too. Incest is not really my thing and i prefer games without it but it would bother me even more without the parch here since it's clearly how it's suppose to be imo. Also i despite censure so...

4.80 star(s) 314 Votes