NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
It's true in both my 0.9.1 "Looking for Trouble" saves, but false in the "Chapter 6 - Drinks with Eleanor" save at the "you are mine/it was just play" choice.
Ah, look at that. Only one of those options was supposed to set the Ch6EnslavedEleanor flag to true, but both were doing it. I knew I had added a way to get out of that route somewhere, fixed that now if you don't choose "You are mine" you get out of the slave route. Still doesn't explain the last scene not showing up though.

zero987

Apr 13, 2019
I'm not really finding anything wrong in the code and it's all working on my end... Ya'll sure you started the romance with Eleanor? You don't get this scene if you're dating Lena for example. The event where you can start dating Eleanor, for both routes, happens right after you come back from the first expedition to the north. On the slave route there's also a scene where she gets branded with a slave tattoo after that, you got all those scenes? You can also check these two flags for me on the saves, Ch8DatingEleanor and Ch8SlaveGirlfriend.
Weird but on my Save both of them are false "Ch8DatingEleanor":false,"Ch8SlaveGirlfriend":false

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
By the way how old is Kyo?
The oficial answer is, "in the prime of her life", better not to enquire any further than that.

Does the romantic slave elanor route block other sex scenes and romantic routes? Does countinuing Marius story block other content cause it seems to be leaning toward marriage...
Yes, starting the romance route with Eleanor blocks all other scenes, though the slave route will be more lenient. Marius route is not blocking anything at the moment, but once it gets oficialized it will.

Man, sometimes the choices in this game bug me. Like, often they're fine and make sense but sometimes it's like... i wouldn't go with any of those options. Like the latest one, guard/greens/barbarians... why not all 3 as different units within the legion? The guard unit can harass on the flanks or be sent on sabotage missions, train the green newbies into the bulk of the legion and bring the barbarians in to be a blunt hammer to throw at certain things... it just seems like a bad idea to not take what help is on offer but i get it, it's a game, the dev is limited in how many variables they can write/code for but it leads to a natural situation of trying to guess where the dev is going with these choices rather than considering the choices themselves. I can see the variables in the writing, barbarians will take out some key figure out but then they'll cause problems with not being trained for fighting in rank and file leading to probably flanking issues, the greens will buckle at some point, the guard probably make the most sense but no doubt they're need for retraining will cause something else to become a problem that wouldn't for the other two.

I dunno, i'm not really bitching about it, it's just one of those observations i've made as this game goes on and experience teaches me the game's formula, three choices will beget three variants each with a boon and loss in some future content and instead of really considering the story i'm just trying to figure out where Necro might go with things.
Don't worry too much about it, just choose what you find more interesting. These only define the initial stats of the legion and will add some special options down the line to deal with some events. But the rationale behind it is simply, there is not enough supplies and space to take everyone with you, a larger force would be too slow and unwieldy to do what it needs to be done, so you need to prioritize when it comes to recruitment and training. On the natives route the legion will use all three options for recruits, but the choice is which one should get priority, thus making the bulk of the recruits.

Hey, how come I've never discovered Kyo's scene?
There seemed to be a problem with the ForgaveKyo flag never being set to true way back, I'll just paste here the answer I gave another person about the situation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0.9.2 (Mac) gets stuck at "We'll go with the raw recruits" if that option is selected. The other two choices appear to be able to make progress.
This happens on the PC version as well. If you select raw recruits, it just freezes up and won't let you go any further. You have to select the others to progress the story.
Fixed already, will be working properly on the bugfix I'll be uploading soon.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
hmm it seems maybe my relationship with lena maybe stops this scene but the status is open relatioinship and elenaors is just slave
Yes that route is mutually exclusive with Lena's romance route. She is ok with Catherine sleeping around, but if she starts getting seriously with someone else there is going to be blood.
I do intend on allowing Catherine to have some slave Eleanor scenes in some romance routes regardless, and I can even see Lena being ok with it, but I'll need more time to get everything sorted out.

EDIT
I'll be uploading a bugfix in a bit, Eleanor's scenes are going to be in the scene gallery, so you can always use the cheat menu to unlock the scenes and play them from there.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm mainly on Lena's route. I know it's open relationship but trying to limit who I do.

I don't mind having a bit of fun with the Angels, nothing serious will come of that. A few nights with Kyo because it's hard to say no.

Purely because it's a wholesome teacher/student relationship not because I want to see hot steamy leasbian sex.

Ele i'm not sleeping with on my main run. I'm gonna do a romance run with her for the second playthrough once it's complete.

I don't know who else out of the women are going to be actual romance options. I mean full relationship not just sex so I don't know who else I can get into Cats bed without it possibly ruining the innevitable day I put Lena in a wedding dress and make her an honest murder Elf.

Friendzoned all the guys though so they aren't a problem.

Can't help but feel that if I was a straight girl i'd totally be shipping Marius and Cat. They do make an adorable couple but I am a vagetarian so they will have to settle with being future besties that talk about black nail polish and shit.

As much as I do adore Kyo, especially after the forgiveness stuff, I honestly don't see a full on relationship working between them. I don't really see Kyo as the settling type. Could be wrong, she did seem tired of the spy game in recent conversations but I don't know, just don't see her as the white picket fence, cats and Ovaltine before nightly cuddles type.

Neither is Lena really but not giving her a choice. She will one day be talking about the old ball and chain ... literally .... because i'd attach one to stop her disappearing constantly.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Phew! Fixed everything that was reported and took some extra time to double check everything.
Everything should be working properly now (though I did have to do some surgery to get to the previous build state, so I'm crossing my fingers). Let me know if you find any other problems.

Jun 2, 2022
Picking recruits now worked with the 0.9.2b build (Mac). I'm pretty sure I'm on the Eleanor slave path (relationship book says Slave), but it's still at 5/5 scenes for her, and what's more, even with the scene gallery unlocked, clicking on that last thumbnail (Eleanor ass handprint) doesn't do anything. The Kyo thumbnail to the left of it replays just fine.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Picking recruits now worked with the 0.9.2b build (Mac). I'm pretty sure I'm on the Eleanor slave path (relationship book says Slave), but it's still at 5/5 scenes for her, and what's more, even with the scene gallery unlocked, clicking on that last thumbnail (Eleanor ass handprint) doesn't do anything. The Kyo thumbnail to the left of it replays just fine.
You also need to be romancing her and not be in a romance with Lena. Also the relationship screen hasn't been updated in a while because I just now remembered it exists. :oops:

will there will be KYO route or not
Probably not.

• Sad
Reactions: Asmodeus34

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Android version isn't working
It hasn't been for a while on the newer versions of android. They did some changes to the security requirements and I can't save the game anymore without building the game natively for android, I can make the game work by removing saving altogether but with a game of this size who would even bother playing it then? But it was brought to my attention today that there is an app for android called Parallel Space, and running the game through it actually gives the game the proper permissions and it can save again. I tested it on my device and it worked like a charm, so you could give that a try.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Hello NecroBunny!
First of all i'd like to express my gratitude for your generosity to share your game (perhaps a bit unwillingly, considered this a pirate forum, but nonetheless) and your active role in this community.
I have just begun to play RotWF and like to ask a few questions:
  • are there any kinks or routes associated with the card colours? is it rather recommended to to stick primarily to one colour or should we mix them?
  • for what use are our attributes, are they pure flavour or do they serve a purpose?
  • how to unlock kinks? are they card-colour related or NPC related?
  • from the few scenes (2 or 3) i unlocked, it looks like this game is supposed to be played as lesbian or futa. Is this impression correct?
  • since i am a straight guy those scenarios are of lesser interest to me. Let me assure you there is no judgement at all, since games geared towards especially the lesbian audience are quite rare, so it's fine if this should be the main focus. However i'd like to ask if there is substantial F/M content or do we need to go futa, if we want to actually bang this fine line-up of female NPCs?
To conclude i'd like to wish you best of luck and may your game find the audience it deserves, because even if your answers should show RotWF is not meant to be 'my' game, i can tell there is much love and hard work poured into it. Thanks!

• Red Heart
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
perhaps a bit unwillingly, considered this a pirate forum, but nonetheless
I'm not unwilling to share it at all! The more people play my game the happier I become. I only charge on patreon because, you know, bills to pay and all that.

are there any kinks or routes associated with the card colours? is it rather recommended to to stick primarily to one colour or should we mix them?
Card colors are just to help give a general idea of what's coming with that option, because don't you hate when you pick a dialogue options and it's the complete oposite of what you thought it would be? I certainly do! It goes like this:
  • Gold - Neutral, mostly used for opnions about events and general stuff.
  • Blue - Friendly, just Catherine being nice to people and friendzoning them.
  • Pink - Flirting and sex.
  • Black - Aggresive options, generally involve Catherine throwing a fit and being mean.
for what use are our attributes, are they pure flavour or do they serve a purpose?
Just flavour.

how to unlock kinks? are they card-colour related or NPC related?
Those kinks are also just flavour, but they unlock when you find out people's kinks... And I don't forget to add it there... :oops:

from the few scenes (2 or 3) i unlocked, it looks like this game is supposed to be played as lesbian or futa. Is this impression correct?
There is a heavy focus on lesbian and futa at the beginning of the game as the male romance interests take a little while to be introduced. But there are plenty of F/M scenes in the game.

since i am a straight guy those scenarios are of lesser interest to me. Let me assure you there is no judgement at all, since games geared towards especially the lesbian audience are quite rare, so it's fine if this should be the main focus. However i'd like to ask if there is substantial F/M content or do we need to go futa, if we want to actually bang this fine line-up of female NPCs?
There is plenty of futa content but also F/M content, thought the male characters are usually banging Catherine on these ones.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Neither is Lena really but not giving her a choice. She will one day be talking about the old ball and chain ... literally .... because i'd attach one to stop her disappearing constantly.
Hahahahaha! Can't wait to hear your opinion on the Lena scene we added on v0.9.3

Aight! Rebuilt everything one more time and fixed the problem on the scene gallery. v0.9.2.c is the charm I can feel it! .

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes