dakilladj

Feb 21, 2018
Cath will most definitely get to have some revenge on the alpha macho man. :sneaky:
Earlier on, you mentioned designing specific dialogue based around traits. There are quite a few and all of them seem to be unique with no duplicates among the 1st 4 stat sheets. They'll change how the player interacts with the world and vice versa. To what extent will this be? Will they be prerequisites for dialogue, quests or even some scenes with specific characters? Could they even influence the ending?

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Earlier on, you mentioned designing specific dialogue based around traits. There are quite a few and all of them seem to be unique with no duplicates among the 1st 4 stat sheets. They'll change how the player interacts with the world and vice versa. To what extent will this be? Will they be prerequisites for dialogue, quests or even some scenes with specific characters? Could they even influence the ending?
I'm not sure yet. We had to scratch a few of our plans as we realized that if we implement everything we planned, this game would never end. That said, we're almost done with chapter 4 and we intend for chapter 5 to be a mechanics update, we will revamp a few things and revisit all of our ideas to see what we will implement and what we're going to cut.

About the traits, they were going to be tied to a quest system that we are most likely going to save for another game. I wanted to use those traits on the dialogues too, but in Catherine's case, I'd rather just have dialogue options for the player. In the other character's case, there are a lot of instances where they react to your actions and I fully intend to have even more of that going forward. I'm not sure how much I am going to change their traits as the story progresses but we do have the hidden kinks that can be discovered and I want to do more with that.

Last edited:

Amitiel

Feb 17, 2020
Really liking the art and writing and actually quite surprised this doesn't have more support on Patreon (frankly seen significantly worse with much better support) - definitely decided it was worth backing. Only thing that really detracted was running into typos/grammatical errors. Is there an easy/best way to flag these? Due to the branching it's a bit difficult to catch everything and 200k+ words is obviously quite a lot, but if there's a simple way of running through and flagging things I wouldn't mind spending a bit of time flagging those issues.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Really liking the art and writing and actually quite surprised this doesn't have more support on Patreon (frankly seen significantly worse with much better support) - definitely decided it was worth backing.
Thank you so much for your support! :giggle: And we're really glad that you are enjoying the game!

To be completely honest, I did figure we would have a bit more support by now. Not that I can really complain or anything, we are extremely grateful to everyone that supports us and it actually humbles us that there are so many people out there willing to give us money so that we can continue our work on our games. And, we're being able to make ends meet now, so I figure that we just need to keep being consistent, keep improving the quality of the game, and putting out good updates, and eventually we're going to get there! But really, thank you for your support, it means a lot to us! :giggle:

Only thing that really detracted was running into typos/grammatical errors. Is there an easy/best way to flag these? Due to the branching it's a bit difficult to catch everything and 200k+ words is obviously quite a lot, but if there's a simple way of running through and flagging things I wouldn't mind spending a bit of time flagging those issues.
Ah, the typos/grammatical errors. My mortal enemies!
Tbh, the only easy way there is to check those is by going over the documents themselves. But, might just be me being paranoid, but I am extremely afraid of sharing them with people that I don't know. That being said, I just had an idea, I've never seen this in a game before, so you guys tell me if I'm being crazy.

I could add a report button on the game. When you press it, it takes a screenshot of the screen, marks the position in the game, and allows you to choose between, typo/grammatical error/suggestion/etc, and to add a comment on the issue. Then the game sends the report to us. I can then later review every single report, and having so many potential people helping with the reports, I think we can finally eradicate typos forever. And I think the amount of typos is dropping as I learn more and more about writing in English, so with the reports pointing out the mistakes I don't know I'm making this process might be accelerated even further.

Let me know what you guys think of that idea, am I being crazy, or sounds good? Implementing it should be a piece of cake, the only thing I need to figure out is how to actually get the report back to us in an organized manner, but shouldn't be too difficult.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
This is a cool idea, but I worry that the implementation of the idea might take up more time than you think it will. The typos are dropping, especially the more egregious ones, so I think this energy would be better spent elsewhere
Have to agree with this.

Thank you so much for your support! :giggle: And we're really glad that you are enjoying the game!

To be completely honest, I did figure we would have a bit more support by now. Not that I can really complain or anything, we are extremely grateful to everyone that supports us and it actually humbles us that there are so many people out there willing to give us money so that we can continue our work on our games. And, we're being able to make ends meet now, so I figure that we just need to keep being consistent, keep improving the quality of the game, and putting out good updates, and eventually we're going to get there! But really, thank you for your support, it means a lot to us!
That was the main reason i asked for the catherine sig to be made, to help advertise the game here since i can't support on patreon (because of some credit card issues).

By the way Necro it may be useful to put the signature in the OP for more people to see it. Also did that person who promised you more sigs finally delivered? :p

Last edited:

Le Mat

May 30, 2020
Have to agree with this.

That was the main reason i asked for the catherine sig to be made, to help advertise the game here since i can't support on patreon (because of some credit card issues).

By the way Necro it may be usefull to put the signature in the OP for more people to see it. Also did that person who promissed you more sigs finally delivered? :p
By the way, 'useful' is written with a single 'l' at the end of it.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
Jun 20, 2018
Only in terms of hair colour and that she is is somehow special. Not that kind of special where she got sex drive of succubus and willingness and ability to sex her way out with anything that moves hehe, but the kind that make her special with some magic mambo-jumbo stuff. Personality wise i believe they are different, but my knowledge of Ciri is based on game, not the books, so feel free to correct me.
You're correct. Canonical (book) Ciri doesn't even have white hair. They just put that in the game to (presumably) make her match Geralt. Her book hair is ashen-blonde, almost grey-brown.

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes